Sign in to follow this  
Tom

January Sales Diary 2016 Busy?

2 and was hoping to be on 3, but been let down on a couple of 'thinkers' - should have known when they walked originally. 

Personally the hardest part of this time of year is waiting for the cash to drop in, I've got around 12k floating around thats been swiped but not yet hit my bank and another 8k-10k waiting to be collected, would love that 20k to be in stock NOW and not in 10 days time!!

I get my debit card payments/credit card payments next working day. Makes a big difference for me and helps cashflow.

4 dealt today, 6 for the month so far off to a good start feeling charged up and ready to go. 

Bit of a warranty Monday here with lots of minor jobs having come back today having been postponed over Xmas. 

I get my debit card payments/credit card payments next working day.

Who do you use?

We also get our card payments land in the account the following business day however they don't show as cleared funds for 3 days. Fortunately I seem to have a facility with our bank where they will pay cheques against  uncleared funds which is very useful. We use Global payments and bank with HSBC who used to own Global so that may have something to do with it.

I was actually going to change card handlers last year because you can get much better deals but they all took three days to put the funds into our account so we stayed with Global.

Global pay and the funds are in our account next working day and ready to spend as available cash. 

1 a day so far, solid start.

Managed to pick up 3-4 decent bits of stock too so hopefully should carry on :)

• Like 2

Just done my daily deal lol although there could be two in the offing today 

• Like 1

Slower of course now I'm selling trade to trade, my aim is to clear 2 cars a week at the moment, that's all I have space for as customer cars take priority and space is limited 

5 today including a 7k Insignia from a Facebook advert which cost £12.

Absolutely chuffed with that.

• Like 2

5 today including a 7k Insignia from a Facebook advert which cost £12.

Absolutely chuffed with that.

Great stuff love days like that they fly by. You are going to have a smashing month if you keep it up mate. Is it just you on your own ? 

Just the 1 here today with 3 handovers not had any other viewers out or much in the way of calls but it has been a miserable day. There is always tomorrow. 

Yes 100% me with a Valeter and an extra sales person at the weekend.

I hope this carries on cos it's been a pleasing start and you're right couldn't have gone any quicker today!

Usually just me here doing the selling so I know it's a tough day when you have to juggle that many customers about and still pull in the results. Great feeling. 

Exactly. The customers I could handle but it's moving the cars that I wouldn't be able to manage on my own as some are blocked in.

Even yesterday we had 3 test drives at once and one lot of customers had to wait about 10 minutes which isn't ideal.

Slower of course now I'm selling trade to trade, my aim is to clear 2 cars a week at the moment, that's all I have space for as customer cars take priority and space is limited 

Ok Wheeler Dealer where can we find what you selling trade to trade.

Jim

Ok Wheeler Dealer where can we find what you selling trade to trade.

Jim

Hi Jim, you can find my cars in the usual online places that such T to T cars reside, but if you want a specific car sourced you can PM me of course.

PS - Im here to help and for the banter, not to promote my own businesses ;)

Blanked Monday and Tuesday, but pulled in 2 yesterday and 1 this morning to get back on track :D

see cars derby its a good start 2016 for you or just as usual . how do you expect this month to be for you? 

• Like 1

With half the month to go I'd hope to crack 30-35 this month given we have 3 full weekends left.

Anytime I've sold more than the date in the month I regard that as good going 

Another two this morning, one of which was my Zafira thank god as that was on the way to becoming part of the furniture. It's as clean as anything as well, 1 Owner 35k.