umesh

We need your help.. please :)

15 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I can currently get 12 on the driveway/garage but with some works, that number could go way up depending on how much garden we want to sacrifice.

But so will the one I would be selling, so it is all relative.

I just love the idea of having a proper outdoor space with no immediate neighbours and a seperate office/unit away from the main house but within the same grounds to capitalise on anti social hours without inconveniencing myself.

Who needs a garden anyway lol ? Sounds an ideal set up mark . Put big gates up so the screamers cant chap your door at 10 at night thats the only downside from having your home etc in one location. 

Umesh, please please please withdraw this petition for goodness sake, this is madness and not the time for this. we have enough bad press about the motortrade without this. why dont you and your club tell us what support you're giving, what advice you have for us, I'd gladly sign a petition to give nurses a 50% pay increase not help car sales people recoup bonuses. this is sheer madness. I have 2 sales people who I'm paying their average for next 2 months, then Ive said we'll look at it again. we all need to be in this together as a nation to help people stay safe, stay at home and protect the NHS, not protect the bonuses of car salesman. This will reflect really badly on us and I want no part of it. How much would it cost taxpayers to do this? how many hospotial beds, ventilators and nurses salaries would that pay for?

You need to stop this immeadiatley you are showing no concern or passion just making us look greedy and self serving, please withdraw it before we all look like fools

stay safe, and look after one another

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

It sucks for a lot of us. Me included (have been trading at this premises since Jan 2013.) Ltd Co etc so no help for us. Except hopefully the rates grant, but I’m still prepared for a curve ball on that too. 

I was brought up to prepare for the worst and save where you can, so not beans on toast just yet, but never say never!

I agree Noa.I think the key to all this if you want to qualify for any of the proposed help ( except for the business rates relief )you will have to prove you are in need.So those with cash reserves may be rejected.The gov.job retention scheme is unclear about employees commission earnings .I may be mistaken but it does not definitively say it cannot be used in the calculation and there appears to be no mention of employees overtime earnings.Some people might argue that overtime and commission should be treated the same.

Let’s hope we still have power for heating our beans on toast in the near future.

18 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Would not your current residence be more desirable for most people to buy (bigger audience) than the one you want to buy?

12. Wow. Drive envy. ;o)

I can see the thread now...who’s gonna start it?

It sounds better than it is Noa. Truth is, we bought a house at the very end of a cul de sac. One side of the road has mainly large Victorian houses (no driveways) and my side, every house is different (all with driveways), I am presuming some self build scheme in the 50's. Our house has the suffix "A" but there is no 1 or 1B. I asked a neighbour (been here forever, now 85) as to why we have a suffix. He said that our plot was originally destined for two dwellings but they never built the second one, hence why we have such a large driveway and land (the reason we bought the house). It is, nothing flash at all though, so keep you imagination realistic :lol:

I have great neighbours that isn't an issue but I never liked strangers coming into my home whereas the next place will be large enough to distance customers from the actual house yet I would still be at home and the whole property could be walled with big gates (wouldn't suit my current set up). Plus, I (sorry we) are big drinkers and we lack a nice country pub within walking distance, albeit we are on the edge of countryside.

Most importantly though, why pay rent when I can mortgage a property which I will eventually own?

7 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

It sounds better than it is Noa. Truth is, we bought a house at the very end of a cul de sac. One side of the road has mainly large Victorian houses (no driveways) and my side, every house is different (all with driveways), I am presuming some self build scheme in the 50's. Our house has the suffix "A" but there is no 1 or 1B. I asked a neighbour (been here forever, now 85) as to why we have a suffix. He said that our plot was originally destined for two dwellings but they never built the second one, hence why we have such a large driveway and land (the reason we bought the house). It is, nothing flash at all though, so keep you imagination realistic :lol:

I have great neighbours that isn't an issue but I never liked strangers coming into my home whereas the next place will be large enough to distance customers from the actual house yet I would still be at home and the whole property could be walled with big gates (wouldn't suit my current set up). Plus, I (sorry we) are big drinkers and we lack a nice country pub within walking distance, albeit we are on the edge of countryside.

Most importantly though, why pay rent when I can mortgage a property which I will eventually own?

Its. Very true you would be better paying for something you will eventually own rather than rent 

3 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Very well said.

What a nerve.I am not so sure that Ling should be gatecrashing on here and lecturing us about employees rights.I have to say I doubt she is selling off assets but it is nice to see her chucky/lease company is doing OK after having several other companies struck off.However it is still possible some people/creditors in the north east might be interested to hear from her about failed car retailer Car Shock where she was a connected party.I wonder if the sales guys got paid up.

24 minutes ago, trade vet said:

What a nerve.I am not so sure that Ling should be gatecrashing on here and lecturing us about employees rights.I have to say I doubt she is selling off assets but it is nice to see her chucky/lease company is doing OK after having several other companies struck off.However it is still possible some people/creditors in the north east might be interested to hear from her about failed car retailer Car Shock where she was a connected party.I wonder if the sales guys got paid up.

Hope your doing ok trade-vet during these tough tough times take care and stay safe always respect your input on here as my dad always said before he got dementia you should listen to elders advice or people with more experience every day is a school day as they say .and your knowledge always comes across

once again stay safe and take care .  

Edited by Casper

23 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hmm, an anonymous person trolling lies. Publish who you are instead of hiding behind a nickname, tell me how many people YOU employ, in which company, and I'd have far more respect for engaging with your sour opinions. Cowardly anonymous troll. Go away. I file you in the bin.

Ling

33 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Hey ling long time since I've seen a post of yours

Thanks for coming on

Stay safe and nice post

Grassy ass, as they say in Spain.

Ling

5 minutes ago, Casper said:

Hope your doing ok trade-vet during these tough tough times take care and stay safe always respect your input on here as my dad always said before dementia you should listen to elders advice or people with more experience every day is a school day as they say .and your knowledge always comes across

once again stay safe and take care .  

Thank you Casper,I am OK.Do you not mean my knowledge always comes across and annoys people ( I can’t help being a bit like Larry David ) 

15 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Thank you Casper,I am OK.Do you not mean my knowledge always comes across and annoys people ( I can’t help being a bit like Larry David ) 

No most definitely not another one my dad says is self praise is no honour so thought i give you some always good to listen to the older generation stories about years back   Especially in these times when climbing the walls. 

It also good to gain knowledge from people who have been on the scene for  years in saying that i just realised I've always been connected to the motor trade one way or other for 21 years or more if you count the teenager years when i was still at school when familu took me round auctions garages  and doing recovery work for a local garage 

Edited by Casper

18 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Have you been watching the new series? So funny!

26 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Have you been watching the new series? So funny!

Of course,we are big fans.I wouldn’t be surprised if he has Prince Harry guesting next series seeing as he has moved down to Tinseltown.

This petition is all sales people getting commission, not just car sales, so, we are talking a massive total figure, can i remind that the maximum figure available [furlough] is £2500 per month.

i am sorry but i will not be voting, cut your cloth they say, adapt your lifestyle to your income, if you can afford the basics, then you are doing very okay.

Edited by have a word with the wife

4 hours ago, trade vet said:

Why is it in this country if you have a failed business you are a failure

You above everyone knows its risk and we've all been burnt usually by our most trusted sources

You surprise me here

1 hour ago, New year revolutions...... said:

You surprise me here

Not sure why anyone is surprised. I'm only a casual reader of this forum and even I know he spends his days checking other people's accounts and spreading warnings about HMRC/solicitors and anyone else he can think of. Definitely needs a hobby.

Edited by beenaroundtheblock

2 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Why is it in this country if you have a failed business you are a failure

You above everyone knows its risk and we've all been burnt usually by our most trusted sources

You surprise me here

TRADE VET

Do you know who "Trade Vet" is? Does anyone know? I hate it the people seem to think it's fine to troll and slander on a personal basis, anonymously. Thanks.

1 hour ago, beenaroundtheblock said:

Not sure why anyone is surprised. I'm only a casual reader of this forum and even I know he spends his days checking other people's accounts and spreading warnings about HMRC/solicitors and anyone else he can think of. Definitely needs a hobby.

TRADE VET

Do you know who "Trade Vet" is? Does anyone know? I hate it the people seem to think it's fine to troll and slander on a personal basis, anonymously. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

TRADE VET

Yeah. Many of us know Ian. He has provided his name and phone number many times.

Whilst he may perhaps look for the wind up on (most) occasions and takes some getting to know- he’s a good guy I think really  -much as he tries to make out he’s a c*** ;0)

(#lovetv)

Ling: dunno anything about you however, but don’t bite.  What are you up to now? Are you in the game? 

Edited by NOACROSS

1 minute ago, NOACROSS said:

Yeah. Many of us know Ian. He has provided his name and phone number many times.

Whilst he may perhaps look for the wind up on (most) occasions and takes some getting to know- he’s a good guy I think really  -much as he tries to make out he’s a c*** ;0)

(#lovetv)

Ling: dunno anything about you however, but don’t bite.  What are you up to know? Are you in the game

lingscars.com

Edited by beenaroundtheblock

Just now, beenaroundtheblock said:

Thanks BATB. Was she on Dragon’s Den? What a character if so. I wouldn’t argue with her or spill her drink. :0)

2 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

(#lovetv)

Ling: dunno anything about you however, but don’t bite.  What are you up to know? Are you in the game? 

I lease new cars. About 800-1000 a year. Well, I did before last week.... I am a Chinese-born female, 46, with an office in Gateshead, 7 staff at the mo. If you search LINGsCARS, there is loads online about me. - Ling

1 minute ago, NOACROSS said:

Thanks BATB. Was she on Dragon’s Den? What a character if so. I wouldn’t argue with her or spill her drink. :0)

I'm not sure about that. But I read about her years ago and checked her website, once you see that you never forget it :D

2 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

I lease new cars. About 800-1000 a year. Well, I did before last week.... I am a Chinese-born female, 46, with an office in Gateshead, 7 staff at the mo. If you search LINGsCARS, there is loads online about me. - Ling

Nice to meet you Ling.

Maybe let’s all take a breath and be nice to each other. 

Good to have you on board.