Tom

December diary how's it going?

330i cabriolet, 1st call after being listed on at within 10 mins, sold first thing the next day.

Same happened to us with a 330ci coupe this week  - Advertised Tuesday 3pm driving away Wednesday evening. Great news.

Nice to have met the legendary Umesh yesterday, you can pop down more often, managed to get the customers sold to so must have brought me some good luck. 

• Like 1

Same happened to us with a 330ci coupe this week  - Advertised Tuesday 3pm driving away Wednesday evening. Great news.

Nice to have met the legendary Umesh yesterday, you can pop down more often, managed to get the customers sold to so must have brought me some good luck. 

Pleasure to meet you Rory , and glad I brought you some good luck ! :) Kettles's always on next time you're passing around me ! 

8 days in to the month, 1 phone call, and sold 0.

Any mentor's on here fancy giving me some tips on how to be a "successful" car dealer? my kids need to eat :)

I must be doing something very wrong!

Any mentor's on here fancy giving me some tips on how to be a "successful" car dealer? my kids need to eat :)

When you find out how to be a 'successful ' car dealer share it with us all :) ! , Joking apart - Its generally tough out there - little pockets doing very well ! Pleased to help if you think I can help - Feel free no pressure email is umesh@autochange.co.uk - Old fashioned conversation on 01782 822 700  - Regards Umesh - Keep smiling :) ! Forgot to say  more mentors on Twitter car dealers Forum http://twittercardealers.ning.com/ if you're not already on there ! 

Edited by umesh
  • Like 1

1st one this morning. I'm not complaining. Last December was my opening and I sold 2 units. Batten down the hatches til January

If only I'd saved from the oodles of cash I've paid myself instead of squandering it on frivolities like food (and wine. And loose women) I'd bugger off somewhere for the month.

Thanks Umesh, I appreciate that.

Rosemotors, all the cash I pay myself gets squandered by the wife so I didn't even have that pleasure!

• Like 1

Thanks Umesh, I appreciate that.

Rosemotors, all the cash I pay myself gets squandered by the wife so I didn't even have that pleasure!

Luxury!!! I have to squander my hard-earned myself....

Whats your website?

December quite good for us at moment, 12 gone out and no returns (he crosses his fingers) November was terrible though 13 in whole month which was half that of Nov 2014

• Like 1

Slowed down a bit, on 9 atm. Got a few deals still potentially in the pipeline and 2-3 appointments for the weekend.

Would take 16-18 this month for sure.

• Like 1

Just done another one. Not too bad on 6 out of 15 cars. 

Very good. All off ebay?

Very good. All off ebay?

Majority yes, ebay has always been the best for me. 

Another busy Saturday here with 5 sold which has taken us to 23 for the month so far.I have not had a minute. 

• Like 1

15 for the month, been very steady and pulled some decent margins - bought some good stock too.

I reckon on I'll be on 18 by Christmas which was my target for the whole month. Pretty happy.

5 over weekend - 27 for December in total, been very busy and now desperate for stock to fill some gaps, hate empty spaces. Not seen much decent stuff at auction lately and very tatty, anyone else notice quality has dropped off or is it just me? seems everything would need a fortune spending on it

Just moved a Seat Alhambra over the phone to a chap from Orkney, coming down over the Xmas break, took a Mondeo 2006 106k 2.0 TDCi in p.ex.

Nice strong deal that for me.

Currently sat on 30 for the Month, this weekend has seen 4 cars go. Certainly dropping off now was dead yesterday and so far today.

A lot of the dealer groups will hold decent auction stock back til January and get the added profit from the people desperate to stock up. I did quite a lot of buying last week trying to keep on top of things. Trying to get a last couple of cars today and tomorrow online but very little showing that has my interest.

1 done today not officially open until tomorrow but it was pre booked.