Sign in to follow this  
NacMan

Card payment

Taking a big payment tomorrow on card. Are there any precautions i need to take or have before i do so. Seemed abit fishy seen as they were requesting payment Via American Express however i declined, now there using Visa.

11 hours ago, NacMan said:

Taking a big payment tomorrow on card. Are there any precautions i need to take or have before i do so. Seemed abit fishy seen as they were requesting payment Via American Express however i declined, now there using Visa.

Chip and pin cardholder there in person is very limited risk.Amex is just so they can get points, but takes a good few days for you to see the money.

47 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Chip and pin cardholder there in person is very limited risk.Amex is just so they can get points, but takes a good few days for you to see the money.

Ah yes so just chip and pin, amex is a 3% charge aswell so i put them off with it

16 hours ago, NacMan said:

Copy of driving licence , make sure name matches as with any card payment really , They wanted credit card for free points but say NO as you pay for the free points at the end of the day . 

Visa is fine . 

6 minutes ago, Kes said:

Do not release the car the same day, would be my advice. 

As long as he has his pin number and id can’t see what difference holding on an extra day is going to make 

23 minutes ago, Kes said:

Do not release the car the same day, would be my advice. 

Why not , Most of our stock goes via Visa Debit card , Chip Pin and take it away . 

Debit Card - Chip & Pin - ID Matches - licence matches etc , should be all OK.

Defo not credit card' if BIG payment. 

3 minutes ago, umesh said:

Debit Card - Chip & Pin - ID Matches - licence matches etc , should be all OK.

Defo not credit card' if BIG payment. 

Thanks its gone now :)

17 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

in fact no part of the money can be credit card even the smallest deposit or part payment gives customer extra rights to give it you back

+1

On 2/13/2020 at 2:32 AM, Blenheim Car Sales said:

in fact no part of the money can be credit card even the smallest deposit or part payment gives customer extra rights to give it you back

Yes, the famous Section 75 of CCA. Not the 'smallest deposit' - it must be over £100 payment. Goods maximum price of £30k. 

To be honest I don't see it as a major issue for most traders. We accept CC's for deposit payments and have not yet had a customer use Section 75. That's many hundreds of cars over the years.  

44 minutes ago, Halfpenny said:

To be honest I don't see it as a major issue for most traders. We accept CC's for deposit payments and have not yet had a customer use Section 75. That's many hundreds of cars over the years.  

I just don't like the cost , perfectly at ease selling them cars on credit cards as far as section 75 goes , but bugger if I'm paying for their privilege of them getting air miles or whatever points they get , never had one turn down a sale when i say NO credit cards , debit card / bank transfer or finance only , and of course Credit card charge backs do happen too . Though I must admit its probably a last resort for them . 

3 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

I just don't like the cost , perfectly at ease selling them cars on credit cards as far as section 75 goes , but bugger if I'm paying for their privilege of them getting air miles or whatever points they get , never had one turn down a sale when i say NO credit cards , debit card / bank transfer or finance only , and of course Credit card charge backs do happen too . Though I must admit its probably a last resort for them . 

If its a couple hundred deposit then I don't sweat it. But we don't accept CC for large sums - too expensive as you say...

Edited by Halfpenny