SC Derby

Retail V70

Picked up a  2007 V70, 2.4 Sport Special Edition Auto Petrol, 55k, 6 Service Stamps, Heated Black Leather, Blind Spot Info System, Mint on the body and drives fine. 1 Private Owner and Arnold Clark

£500 tax bracket (negative)

Wheels need refurbing which I'm doing today.

What do you retail that at? I saw it as £5,990 - £6,390 which is where I will go, just a few of the 'guides' are saying around the £4,800 mark ???

Well they are mostly diesel, historically I have never struggled with either diesel or petrol, however if you search up to 8 years up to 60k then really there is nothing south of 7k although 90% are diesel.

Picked up a  2007 V70, 2.4 Sport Special Edition Auto Petrol, 55k, 6 Service Stamps, Heated Black Leather, Blind Spot Info System, Mint on the body and drives fine. 1 Private Owner and Arnold Clark

£500 tax bracket (negative)

Wheels need refurbing which I'm doing today.

What do you retail that at? I saw it as £5,990 - £6,390 which is where I will go, just a few of the 'guides' are saying around the £4,800 mark ???

Ouch £500 tax?!

£500 road tax - is not an issue if the buyer wants that car ! 18 months a ago I Had a Nissan Munaro 3.5 Petrol, mine was a newer model 2007 - at £500 - he'd also been looking at older 05 plate at I think £280 road tax , I said he was put off at the £500 road Tax - I said but its not £500 - its £220 more per year , thats all and you're getting a lot newer car , one owner etc etc - his answer " You're right - I never saw it that way only £500 - but I'd be paying £280 anyway" SOLD ! 

• Like 2

£500 road tax - is not an issue if the buyer wants that car ! 18 months a ago I Had a Nissan Munaro 3.5 Petrol, mine was a newer model 2007 - at £500 - he'd also been looking at older 05 plate at I think £280 road tax , I said he was put off at the £500 road Tax - I said but its not £500 - its £220 more per year , thats all and you're getting a lot newer car , one owner etc etc - his answer " You're right - I never saw it that way only £500 - but I'd be paying £280 anyway" SOLD ! 

well sorry but i see it as a tenner a week and two weeks off for good behaviour:o

i love taxing my cars at £30 a year or £3 and an apple via direct debit per month:P

Maybe but I can imagine the look on some of my customers faces when I tell them its a monkey a year to rent! Some moan on £130 tax.

We have sold a few v8's and it doesn't seem to put people off.

however, I would be happy to pay £500 tax on a £10,000 car but would begrudge paying it on a £1500 banger.

Maybe but I can imagine the look on some of my customers faces when I tell them its a monkey a year to rent! Some moan on £130 tax.

Sounds like we have the same customer base!

• Like 1

I would try it at £6500 BUT think how a Volvo driver would think

Make the car look special, take some really good photos of it and take time on the advert, Volvo drivers tend to be loyal to the brand and will buy expecting the car to do 150000 miles at least with few problems. £500 road tax is a mere inconvenience to them because its the car they want. You will get 'odd' people asking all sorts of Volvo related questions and following up to with "If its still there in 2 weeks I will pop in" but once the right person see it the sale will be simple !!!

Had first serious customer on said car an hour ago. I actually only got it in today so not done proper pictures or anything so that's a good start. Offered to do cambelt as part of service for him.

All good except Parkers told him not to pay more than 5k and autotrader £4875.

I went at £6190, he's gone away to have a little think. TBF he was a serious guy not a mess about merchant. Also wanted petrol over diesel.

These 'guides' really don't help. I told him to go on Autotrader, search V70s up to 8yo and up to 60k and see who is the cheapest in the country (mine).

We'll see.

Edited by See Cars Derby

I hate it when they quote an online price like that, usually parkers which are way off the scale. 9/10 they are messers I find.