Tom

November diary thread. Are you busy?

Early days but hows it going? Been a very positive start down here, poor weather seems to attract more in! 

First day back from tenerife here for me Steve.

3 sold so far, 2 with deposits on not the worst start. Fairly quiet though not much coming through in terms of leads etc.

• Like 1

Good start for me, on 5 with 2 coming this morning

Both Mazda 6 2.5 (one SL one Sport) - never have those round for long.

Great day today - three enquiries, three customers turn up and three sales

lovely when it goes like that - Monday has been my best day too now for last few months 

Great day today - three enquiries, three customers turn up and three sales

lovely when it goes like that - Monday has been my best day too now for last few months 

I love days like that...wish they was more regular though, down the travel agents today then sir ?

I love days like that...wish they was more regular though, down the travel agents today then sir ?

not till they are all out of warranty lol 

• Like 1

Yeah dropped off totally last week, but picked up 1 Saturday, 2 Sunday & 2 Monday so sat on 17 right now, 20 a month seems to be my share at the minute (this will be 3rd month in a row if we end up on 20).

Had more than my usual share of timewasters this month but ok overall.

A car we sold last week pulled up outside the office today, to my delight he was just calling in to say how happy he is with the car.

A nice change from the usual "A bulbs blown, what ya gonna do bout it m8"  or  "I can't find my favourite radio station"

Now on 8 retail deals from a regular stock of 7. Plus a couple carried over from October.

Still got 2 or 3 I'm sick of the sight of though.

Rosemotors - to me that seems AWESOME numbers - Well done ! We all have 'those' don't we ! If we don't have those we'd think this job was like a walk in the park ! 

• Like 1

Just had to turn one down. 

Merc C Class 58,000 on the clock and mint.

He has an automatic B Class to p/ex, 4 owners on a 57 he has had it 4 1/2 months (alarm bells already). 116k. He says he paid £3750 in July.

I rummage in the glove box and find a Mercedes quote dated 6 days ago, for transmission work required at £1600 alone, and £600 for other bits (cv joints etc).

Then I check the oil and it's absolutely covered in mayo/gunge all down the pipe. 

I didn't even make an offer in the end.

Just had to turn one down. 

Merc C Class 58,000 on the clock and mint.

He has an automatic B Class to p/ex, 4 owners on a 57 he has had it 4 1/2 months (alarm bells already). 116k. He says he paid £3750 in July.

I rummage in the glove box and find a Mercedes quote dated 6 days ago, for transmission work required at £1600 alone, and £600 for other bits (cv joints etc).

Then I check the oil and it's absolutely covered in mayo/gunge all down the pipe. 

I didn't even make an offer in the end.

And it's us dealers that are given a general reputation as being "dodgy"

• Like 1

Wonder where he bought it?

Thing is, if it was from a dealer, he'd have a claim. Unless it was a roadside trader of course... But then, where did they get it?

Maybe a part exchange that was poorly appraised? But then sold at auction without declaring the faults? Or direct from another trader or online auction, who refused to accept responsibility?

So many possibilities, difficult to judge where the original dodginess lies. Seems like everyone is trying to have one over on everyone else and the honest ones are in a minority these days.

Picked up over the last week, pretty quiet before. Took the worst p/x in history against a beautiful diesel Civic yesterday, 2005 Laguna diesel MOT expired, central locking faulty, drivers window faulty, turbo whistles, water pump noisy, one alloy wheel in boot with puncture and looks like it's been lived in. Shame scrap is only £20 a ton at the moment!

I sold a laguna which sounded very much like this on ebay auction a while ago and it fetched £500 which suprised me. The guy was a breaker and wanted it for parts so there must be money in them somewhere.

Dont know what happened there tried to quote daylight..?

• Like 1

Presume the chap had sourced it privately, or bought it cheap knowing it had major issues.

The good news is that was around 11am yesterday, I sold the Black C Class at about 1pm yesterday taking a 2002 C220 Cdi with 92k on the clock in part chop ;)

• Like 1

BOOM!!

Meanwhile, that B Class is being touted around until a dealer that doesn't check so closely has it dropped on his/her toes.

• Like 1