Earunder

Manheim going through BCA??

Ok, so this is a new one!

Today at Bedford there were cars that appeared to have come from Manheim???  Not bad stock lines but no reports on them though.

I know the BCA prices have been making a good few hundred over the Manheim prices since November but surely not enough for another AH to put cars through...  Conspiracy theories please...

Being Bought Out?
Testing a new selling strategy?
Getting rid of the cr@p stuff that have issues?
Marketing Strategy?  It got me and a few others talking about it.

Guess we shall find out in a couple of months.

BCA have been doing it forever and a day , Works the other way round as well , Vendors take it back and put it in another Auction is the answer . 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

BCA have been doing it forever and a day , Works the other way round as well , Vendors take it back and put it in another Auction is the answer . 

All auctions do it as you say david I've seen stuff go to 3 auctions and back to the original ones different auctions sites by the same company and also completely separate ones like is said mainheim to bca etc 

as David says the vendor moves it from auction to auction .

59 minutes ago, Casper said:

All auctions do it as you say david I've seen stuff go to 3 auctions and back to the original ones different auctions sites by the same company and also completely separate ones like is said mainheim to bca etc 

as David says the vendor moves it from auction to auction .

That. Kinross, shotts and central have had the same lemons going through before 

• Like 1

I was at BCA Bedford today, what vendors? There were alot of UKCG today.

10 hours ago, A & S said:

I was at BCA Bedford today, what vendors? There were alot of UKCG today.

All vendors do it , dont be fooled by UKCG , it belongs to BCA and they use it as they wish . 

• Like 1

Back in the day you used to see a few BCA Enfield cars at Manheim Colchester on a Thursday evening.

It makes you wonder how contractually obligated these larger vendors are to stick with one auction house? If they are able to ‘pull a few selected items’ from manheim and stick them in bca or vice versa? 

2 hours ago, metcars said:

Back in the day you used to see a few BCA Enfield cars at Manheim Colchester on a Thursday evening.

It makes you wonder how contractually obligated these larger vendors are to stick with one auction house? If they are able to ‘pull a few selected items’ from manheim and stick them in bca or vice versa? 

I remember years ago or back in the day as you say a manager at one auction moving cars to another he phoned the dealer principle on his personal mobile and asked  if he wanted them moved as he could get it arranged with an another manager he know the same guy did the same thing for us after a car had been through about 6 sales we gave a really low bid which wasn't accepted in the sale and it was taken out he came to us said would would stand on the offer as he's explained to the lease rep the reserve is way over its value .

Its not the same now the bigger auction houses look after the seller i know its always been this way but some times feel they couldn't really give a hoot for the buyers loyal custom etc .. your only a bidding number to some of the staff 

17 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

That. Kinross, shotts and central have had the same lemons going through before 

And livingston when it was owned by Sma come to think of it from memory 

Edited by Casper

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Its not the same now the bigger auction houses look after the seller

You want to see where they get taken for dinners , nights out , goody bags , holidays abroad , you name it and the Vendors rule , it was Vendor complaints that made Notts BCA build a new hall with two lanes back to back , two perfectly functioning rooms are now not used all because a certain vendor said he wanted the buyers of both halls in one room . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

You want to see where they get taken for dinners , nights out , goody bags , holidays abroad , you name it and the Vendors rule , it was Vendor complaints that made Notts BCA build a new hall with two lanes back to back , two perfectly functioning rooms are now not used all because a certain vendor said he wanted the buyers of both halls in one room . 

Auctions are there for vendors. Buyers are two a penny now. They give out gold cards like confetti? They don’t care who buys as long as there are lots of smiling faces waving their hands in the air  with money in the bank. 

Auctions are not moral arbiters. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, metcars said:

Auctions are there for vendors. Buyers are two a penny now. They give out gold cards like confetti? They don’t care who buys as long as there are lots of smiling faces waving their hands in the air  with money in the bank. 

100% accurate 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Seems the way now a couple of auctions have started the same just one rostrum 

4 hours ago, metcars said:

Yes your right they start you on a gold card now I've known it happen with a few on here and a few guys i know personally i do agree with you but just feel when some of the old managers retire and the new ones come along its worst remember the days they would help you out give you a breakfast as hospitality etc  same with the auctioneers you don't see it so much Now as I said at times i feel we are only a bidding number but then as you all say we are 

Edited by Casper

I know the vendors do it, but I've never seen Auctions do it.

No, wasn't UKCGR as that's BCA and WBAC....   It was under Group Automotive.