CupertinoPark

Trade at 17

Hello all. I am 17 and want to trade cars. Is there any way that I can legally do this with insurance because it seems like all trade insurance policies are for 18+. Any ideas?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CupertinoPark said:

Hello all. I am 17 and want to trade cars. Is there any way that I can legally do this with insurance because it seems like all trade insurance policies are for 18+. Any ideas?

Put the trade insurance in your parents name?

Dont know. Admire your attitude though. Will be expensive, that's for sure. Tradex are normally the ones for younger traders. Good luck

Just keep ringing emailing texting what ever you need to, in this life there is no easy route but your off to a good start most 17year olds i know cant get there head out of there xboxes to save there lives. 

50 minutes ago, CupertinoPark said:

By trading cars do you mean retailing them to the public or wholesaling to the trade.I would imagine all you will get is crap basic cover from some dodgy provider,we’ve all done that.BTW,I like your Tag name .I am guessing you are from somewhere like Croydon !

Good luck wish you All the best nice to see a young lad with motivation and a goal in life have a nice Christmas

as the others have said it might difficult but if you phone around email etc you will get something for insurance I'm sure though it will cost a bit 

all the best keep us posted .. 

Reminds me of myself 11 years ago, put the hard work in and you’ll get there! 

• Like 1

Hi 

First of all congratulations regarding starting out in business young fella , well done .

Insurance is very difficult at your age , but get a parent to put it in their name with you as a named user to start with , did this with my son at 17 

COVEA did us a good deal with him as a driver and me at the head of the policy when he started , limited him to 2.5 litre cars and only 600cc bikes till he was 19 , then we found better companies and we were off and running .

All the very best with the future of the new venture , its fun , its hard work , its a challenge at times , but anything is possible with the right frame of mind . 

Cheers 

David 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Hi 

First of all congratulations regarding starting out in business young fella , well done .

Insurance is very difficult at your age , but get a parent to put it in their name with you as a named user to start with , did this with my son at 17 

COVEA did us a good deal with him as a driver and me at the head of the policy when he started , limited him to 2.5 litre cars and only 600cc bikes till he was 19 , then we found better companies and we were off and running .

All the very best with the future of the new venture , its fun , its hard work , its a challenge at times , but anything is possible with the right frame of mind . 

Cheers 

David 

It's amazing what you can do with the right frame of mind isn't it David watched a podcast last night on YouTube about a guy who turned his life around completely by just changing is his mind set 

cupert I once again wish you all best .. 

4 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Hi 

Cheers 

David 

believe it or not im 16 17 In a few months, I help my dad out with everything form sourcing, cleaning picturing etc

20 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Hi 

Cheers 

David 

Is this illegal because I am the main driver?

10 minutes ago, CupertinoPark said:

Is this illegal because I am the main driver?

Technically yes but what you could do is add your parent to the business as a business partner even as a volunteer part time and cover both drivers that way therefore not really having a main driver might be a loophole