Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

A car you always retail well

1 Car you can can always retail quickly, take a good margin out of and don't seem to need big prep bills?

For me it has to be Petrol Rav4's. Really low in the book, sell quickly and always do good margin out of them. Most seem to be pretty well cared for with good history. Not many people seem to want them at auctions. Probably signed a death warrant here but never had one come back, yet - touch wood etc.

Mondeo 2.0 TDCi for me, the bigger spec the better, and seem to be reliable with nice margins in them.

I guess can also depend on where you are, trading out of west London we always did well on the 3 series bmw coupe or saloon, and also the Merc class and the clc of that era, even in petrol form they couldn't come in and get out quick enough 

Meriva's  under 3 bags usually do ok....  But generally I would say there is no rhyme or reason nowadays, 

No rhyme or reason for me. I bought a lovely (bare with me) Fiat Bravo the other week and could have sold it 20 times over, went for full asking within a day of going on. Minis can be good news but i'm yet to find a spec combo that everyone agrees is nice!

No rhyme or reason for me. I bought a lovely (bare with me) Fiat Bravo the other week and could have sold it 20 times over, went for full asking within a day of going on. Minis can be good news but i'm yet to find a spec combo that everyone agrees is nice!

I took a Bravo in part ex a few months ago and it flew out. A car I never even would have considered buying.  Obviously, next time I saw the same car in the same spec go through the auction I bought it, and then bought another one. Goes without saying that they are still here......

I am partial to a french seven seater. I wonder if Nicole has progressed to such beauty yet?

• Like 1

Yeps:

Mk4 Golfs

Honda CRV Mk2 facelift

Any Ford

BMW E46 

Nopes:

Citroen C2

Toyota Yaris

Mazdas

Suzukis

Bit of a Japanese pattern there

I've been watching the swift automatics as I'm looking at one for the wife and some seem to sell really quickly.

Never do well with small cars. Corsa/fiesta/jazz/yaris/aygo anything like that all seem to sit for ages and I end up just getting my money back. First time buyers are so fussy it is unreal. 

I always do well with C4 Picassos and Yaris. My problem seems to be buying them.

Currently overrun with Fiestas.

Anyone bother with Astra VXR's?  have seen some good margin out of them recently. Make sure you know a good gearbox recon place before bothering with them though lol.