MarkTVS

Overage stock?

I get twitchy after 60 days, found this video though, wonder how long they’ve been sat!

• Like 1

Happy days.

Jeez, used to sell bucket loads of those things. The 600 in particular was a mighty fine car. If I had a pound for every Rover window regulator I've changed.

Shame the pheonix four got away with it. I'm a believer in 'what goes around' but sadly that has not been the case with those currupt *****.

I used to like a Rover.

What immediately sprang to mind about the ‘video’ is this is just another middle aged man looking at cars in his spare time. Remind you all of anything? To me, the inane emails from eBay’s night shift punters :lol:

Apparently they won't sell you any as as a restoration project and instead if you like one the company will renovate it restore it and sell you it but its telephone number money ... seen a similar video of an abandoned skoda dealership with ageing skodas parked up everywhere  slightly off topic but I often look at buildings when I'm out and about and think what a waste theres a few steel sheds I know which could be dismantled re sheeted and turned into cracking workshops but the owners wont sell .. shame really bit like the rover cars in the videos some could be restored into nice examples . But then how do you value them i was reading in article in car mechanics mag about a low mileage 2001 rover 25 it was in the low thousands  of miles if that but as the writer said its still an almost 20 year old rover 25 which only has a certain value 

How on earth does a dealer 'walk away' from all that stock, in its day surely worth tens of thousands? I can, however, think of more interesting videos to upload on to the internet.

phew 29995 ! you could by a nice amg car for that.

13 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

https://www.hursleyhillgarage.co.uk/

The dealer is still going.

Just seems these are just sitting down the side of the garage. 

If you look on Google Earth, BS140QZ, you can see a lot more cars packed at the back. 

Here's one of their gems done 20 miles https://www.motors.co.uk/car-36399132/?i=1&m=ds

How have they got their hands on these?

We sold a nice Rover 25 a while back and the customers are something else.

3 hours ago, MattR said:

How on earth does a dealer 'walk away' from all that stock, in its day surely worth tens of thousands? I can, however, think of more interesting videos to upload on to the internet.

Its like I said in my earlier post if you want to buy one they restore or recommission it for you .. 

In fairness in another ten years they’ll probably be the ones having the last laugh:lol:

1 minute ago, MarkTVS said:

In fairness in another ten years they’ll probably be the ones having the last laugh:lol:

Your probably right there Mark we were saying the other day about the value in xr4xr serrias and that who would have thought that back when we were kids 

Funny thing is there will be someone out there buying them as an old car trader at auction said to me once theres a bum for every seat or as my dad always says they always find some idiot i wouldn't pay that but guess if thats your thing   :lol: 

Talking about old cars fetching mad money, has anyone seen that video on Facebook of the Sierra rs cosworth going through East anglia car auctions last weekend for £80k? :blink:

Edited by Mikey360
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

Talking about old cars fetching mad money, has anyone seen that video on Facebook of the Sierra rs cosworth going through East anglia car auctions last weekend for £80k? :blink:

This is crazy MOT fail on 4 perished tyres if i recall correctly. Cleaning that car will severely devalue it, No longer a barn find then ......

5 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

This is crazy MOT fail on 4 perished tyres if i recall correctly. Cleaning that car will severely devalue it, No longer a barn find then ......

Only 7000 miles if I remember correctly? 

3 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

Only 7000 miles if I remember correctly? 

Call me skeptical  but is it genuine ? This is a ford after all probably not even a cosworth shell :ph34r:.

Just check the mot history online tested once in mid October 7k and failed on 4 tyres. Genuine mileage with proper history goldmine in 10 years ?

3 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

Call me skeptical  but is it genuine ? This is a ford after all probably not even a cosworth shell :ph34r:.

Just check the mot history online tested once in mid October 7k and failed on 4 tyres. Genuine mileage with proper history goldmine in 10 years ?

Must of had some sort of paper work to back it up, old pre online mot paperwork maybe? I can't imagine someone bidding that much for a car like that with no paperwork, then again, I can't imagine anyone paying that much for a dirty old Sierra :lol:

yep this one was the real deal, original in all respects, genuine and untouched, the fooked original tyres adding to its pedigree, i guess that's what justified the premium, nick whales silverstone drew £113k for a 6000miler in 2017, though that was an rs500, i remember getting stuck with one of these at £4k, although it was a ruff bag of shite that had seen some off road forays:blink:

.....and all the tester could find to comment on was 4 knackered tyres. The rest of the car must be mint :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tradex said:

After not turning a wheel since 1991, and no advise notes... they don't make them like they used to:lol:

:lol::lol: 

Never mind the tinworm, 28 years and not a single rubber item underneath (bush, flexi, ball joint, track rod end, cv or steering gaitor) merited even the slightest mention. I wish the f***er was MOTing my cars! 

• Haha 1