Sign in to follow this  
Holmfirth Cars

Advice pls ?

Hi 

I bought a citreon ds3 from you just over a month ago. 62 plate  I have today collected the car from the garage who were completing repairs under warranty.  They have informed me that there is excessive corrosion to the suspension, front break discs, and auxiliary drive belt. None of these things are covered on the warranty and according to the garage they should have been highlighted at the point of mot and either failed or at least listed as advisories. As I have only had the car a few weeks he said I should bring it back to the garage who mot'd it for the repairs to be made.  I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully this issue will be resolved asap.

The lady has had the car 6 weeks, we put a new 12 months MOT ....low mileage, 36,000 Think she has been to Main Dealer and they have been looking for more work !

Corrosion on a drive belt??  Personally would get her to drop by with the car and have a look yourself.  Tell her its not a new car, things will corrode underneath.  Unless for some reason its hanging, offer to have it wire brushed and waxoiled and go from there. 

Brake Discs are wear and tear items are they not , Same as AUX Belt . 

Regarding corrosion on Suspension items, you need to see it really as that's a discretion item on MOT test , unless you had it on a ramp and have it written down or pictured ,

I picture under the cars on a ramp so if this sort of thing happens we can state " well i'm looking at the pics now and it shows nothing like your saying " Same with tyres and they have come in handy when customer tries to claim they are 2mm and pics show 6 mm . Pics shut it down very quickly , only used the twice in 4 yrs we've been doing it but pics don't lie , unlike customers .

• Like 1

A 'vehicle health check', more like a fishing trip. When it comes to warranty repairs, you need to have some control. I assume you would've known the repair would have been taking place - not many customers would've gone and got warranty work done without telling you in advance? Talk to the repairer in advance and explain exactly what you sort of behaviour you expect from them. prevents this happening. 

New Aux Belt £10?

Disc and pads £30?

Can of can under seal to freshen up the corroded parts £10?

Quick easy fixes and retain the customer confidence to buy from you again. £priceless 

Golden rule always get the car back to inspect it first, give it back to the MOT tester and ask him to look at these items again just in case he missed something as we're all human. If he got it wrong then just do the work, if he hasn't and the customer is asking for betterment then you could ask the customer to pay for the parts or labour or both in the case of the Aux belt. 

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Disc and pads £30?

:lol:

I do work for main dealers who have more techs in the workshop than jobs turning up each day, they sure are looking for work right now.

2 hours ago, Screenman said:

I do work for main dealers who have more techs in the workshop than jobs turning up each day, they sure are looking for work right now.

Do tell who it is...

53 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Do tell who it is...

No, as I want them to remain customers and respect their privacy.