Tappet2

Motor trader policy issues

Hi, wondered if anyone else has been in my position and what can i do about the situation, is there a legal route i can take and if anyone can be prosecuted for it, i will explain the position regarding the Insurance policy, we have had had a Motor trader policy for over 20 years now based mainly for the test riding of customers motorcycles after repairs and for diagnostics. We also ( the 3 Co directors of the company) agreed to put our own personal vehicles on the policy, as it worked out cheap as we have so many, i have 4 vehicles, one fellow Director has 25 plus vehicles, and the other about 7, mixture of cars, motorcycles and trucks. I had an accident earlier this year driving to work, and our policy went up by about 3k, our first claim for 20 years and my fellow directors were not happy, but that`s not bad for 20 years covering 3 people and a large number of vehicles; on Friday evening i went to tax my motorcycle online and found out it was not on the MID database, i checked my other vehicles and all those were also missing from the MID , so one of my fellow directors has removed my vehicles from the MID database and not informed me verbaly or in writing, so i have been driving my vehicles without insurance and without my knowledge that i have been doing so. Where do i stand legally on this one ? can i take my fellow director to court for this, as he has basically put me in a position to be prosecuted, and in the event of an accident, my house being on the line for paying damages to a 3rd party in the case of an accident and also crazy as it sounds , also putting our business premises on the line as its owned by the 3  Co directors as a partnership, a seperate entity to the Ltd engineering company that occupies it, and so makes it liable to pay any 3rd party damages in the case of an accident whilst i`m uninsured. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Tappet2
spelling mistakes

You all have access to the MID don't you ? 

Put yours back on and tell him/her to go bury his head and don't do it again , or you will bury it for him :angry:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Not being on mid does not mean they are not insured though?

This 

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

You all have access to the MID don't you ? 

Put yours back on and tell him/her to go bury his head and don't do it again , or you will bury it for him :angry:

Now now play nice David lol :lol:

9 hours ago, Tappet2 said:

Hi, wondered if anyone else has been in my position and what can i do about the situation, is there a legal route i can take and if anyone can be prosecuted for it, i will explain the position regarding the Insurance policy, we have had had a Motor trader policy for over 20 years now based mainly for the test riding of customers motorcycles after repairs and for diagnostics. We also ( the 3 Co directors of the company) agreed to put our own personal vehicles on the policy, as it worked out cheap as we have so many, i have 4 vehicles, one fellow Director has 25 plus vehicles, and the other about 7, mixture of cars, motorcycles and trucks. I had an accident earlier this year driving to work, and our policy went up by about 3k, our first claim for 20 years and my fellow directors were not happy, but that`s not bad for 20 years covering 3 people and a large number of vehicles; on Friday evening i went to tax my motorcycle online and found out it was not on the MID database, i checked my other vehicles and all those were also missing from the MID , so one of my fellow directors has removed my vehicles from the MID database and not informed me verbaly or in writing, so i have been driving my vehicles without insurance and without my knowledge that i have been doing so. Where do i stand legally on this one ? can i take my fellow director to court for this, as he has basically put me in a position to be prosecuted, and in the event of an accident, my house being on the line for paying damages to a 3rd party in the case of an accident and also crazy as it sounds , also putting our business premises on the line as its owned by the 3  Co directors as a partnership, a seperate entity to the Ltd engineering company that occupies it, and so makes it liable to pay any 3rd party damages in the case of an accident whilst i`m uninsured. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like your business partnership is nearly fucked mate. Don’t sue your business partner though - you‘ll both end up way out of pocket and it’s a bit of a bitch move.

In terms of my other advice for future you have to take responsibility more. If you’d have offered to pay the £3k increase caused by your accident, something they probably think of as your mistake which has pissed them off as they’re out of pocket, you wouldn’t be in this situation.

Don’t drag it out or go legal. Sit round a table with all 3 of you there and discuss what’s going on. It sounds to me like only one of them has taken you off the insurance? Does the other know? I doubt they’re both sitting around plotting against you so get things out and decide whether you can still work together... seems a shame after 20 years your first thought is post online in a Internet forum that’s brand new to you and take advice from complete fucking strangers.

Sorry. Harsh but true.

6 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

take advice from complete fucking strangers.

:lol::lol:

3 minutes ago, BHM said:

:lol::lol:

Is it hypocritical to criticise him for taking advice from an Internet forum while giving advice on an Internet forum... ? :lol:

10 hours ago, Tappet2 said:

Erm communicate with your partners. 

What are you going to sue for ? what is your material loss ?  zero, go rent a boxing ring and last man standing gets the password to the mid database.

• Like 1

If one has taken your name off the insurance i couldn't work with them Again its a bit harsh of them to do that without discussing it with you and could have got you into serious trouble  surely they could have had the decency to let you know   

in a business partnership you take good with the bad together if either they two had the accident how would you have felt about the 3k increase which seems high anyway so would have been pricing my insurance else where though if i couldn't get a cheaper Quote i still would have stuck by my two business partners and taken the hit 

I've been in situations before where I've been in partnerships with one some times two business partners one of the businesses i was involved with had 4 altogether

we all made mistakes from time to time maybe bought a car with faults etc but we all stuck together no matter what   And still all work together on a regular basis .   

At times staff maybe crashed a car etc which put the  Insurance up a bit we didn't sack the staff for what was after all a genuine accident..   

Edited by Casper

Thanks for all the input , some interesting comments, and some obvious ones, such as sit down and talk it out together, would  be ideal to do, but current climate is not good, i wouldnt care if any of my other two business partners has a claim, as it is what happpens in life, and its what insurance is for !

As for asking complete strangers for advise , no not really , we are all in the Motor trade in one way shape or form, so i dont view anyone on here as a stranger , Monday will be interesting :)

Edited by Tappet2
spelling mistake

12 minutes ago, Tappet2 said:

Thanks for all the input , some interesting comments, and some obvious ones, such as sit down and talk it out together, would  be ideal to do, but current climate is not good, i wouldnt care if any of my other two business partners has a claim, as it is what happpens in life, and its what insurance is for !

As for asking complete strangers for advise , no not really , we are all in the Motor trade in one way shape or form, so i dont view anyone on here as a stranger , Monday will be interesting :)

Get what your saying 100 percent thats why we pay insurance .

I think some of these posts nowadays should be redirected to a mental health forum.

No offence intended to though who have genuine mental health issues rather than just fucking numpties who can’t organise their lives.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tradex said:

To the OP. No  i haven't. 

.....maybe the real question is... 

"Do you think any trade insurance company would question having over 36 private vehicles on a trade policy, should the shite hit the fan" :rolleyes::lol:

My previous policy was unlimited personal vehicles up to a value for all it stated it on the policy .. 

though the most I ever had on it was about 6