NacMan

Card machine

Or, depending on how your business is set up, pay cash into your personal account and transfer it later.

3 minutes ago, MattR said:

Or, depending on how your business is set up, pay cash into your personal account and transfer it later.

Always do it this way. Smile nicely at girl behind the counter when your paying a questionable amount of cash into your personal account.  Then I get the wife to transfer it back as I leave that account for her to run.  Usually at this point she suggests a million things she has bought for the kids that I owe her for, holding me totally to ransom!

Bank transfer is definitely not fraud free, payments can be recalled back and with some added security checks can take 2 days to process. 

Still my second choice after finance though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sellect2 said:

Bank your cash at local post office  no running into town and queuing!!!

Which banking companies let you pay the money in your account at the local post office I'm sure there is some though i don't think mine does my local council office has a bank as well I'm actually thinking off opening accounts with both post office and council as well as local credit union to put personal money in for.a rainy door or a holiday away etc 

Edited by Casper

On 10/15/2019 at 12:26 PM, Holmfirth Cars said:

Hi, id take back control and REFUSE TO HAVE ONE, LOOK AT THE BENEFITS :

no commision

instant payment ( we ask for Bank Transfer-internet bank )

Better legal ground for the Dealer

No refunds-no claw backs

I sent my machine back 3 years ago, used to use Global Payments, absolute nightmare they are !!!

Exactly my thoughts

On 10/15/2019 at 9:03 PM, TangoVictor32 said:

Am i the only one that insists on cash?

With crisp notes and queens head facing the correct way?

Coins incur a 5% handling charge 

:lol:

Did you learn that whilst being a copper ? :lol:

8 hours ago, Casper said:

Which banking companies let you pay the money in your account at the local post office I'm sure there is some though i don't think mine does my local council office has a bank as well I'm actually thinking off opening accounts with both post office and council as well as local credit union to put personal money in for.a rainy door or a holiday away etc 

Santander does

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Casper said:

Council has a bank???? Which council is this?

Not like they are already ripping us off with increased council tax to fund their little projects now they want you to bank with them?

I wouldn't trust them. Remember what happened to Northampton council?

• Like 1

I seriously could not manage without a card terminal .

No credit cards though under any circumstances only debit card 

Card terminals are fast at point of sale and that's a serious plus for me , had 4 customers on Sunday and it has to be fluent and fast ,Sale complete , Invoice , Card in terminal , warranty booklet  , pass them onto handover person and next customer  please .

Last bank transfer i took he could only pay £10,000 and he owed £10,795 , created me some time to sort that out . Finished up him borrowing money off his mother and me waiting for it to arrive which took two bloody hours . 

1 hour ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Council has a bank???? Which council is this?

Not like they are already ripping us off with increased council tax to fund their little projects now they want you to bank with them?

I wouldn't trust them. Remember what happened to Northampton council?

Im in Scotland its a thing they do called Municipal banking its the council in partnership  with private banks ... 

54 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Last bank transfer i took he could only pay £10,000 and he owed £10,795 , created me some time to sort that out . Finished up him borrowing money off his mother and me waiting for it to arrive which took two bloody hours . 

Last bank transfer i took they had to leave and come back the next day as they couldn't get the transfer to come through there and then.

39 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

Last bank transfer i took they had to leave and come back the next day as they couldn't get the transfer to come through there and then.

That's were a card terminal is king isn't it , Two days to the same job twice :(

I seriously couldn't manage without a debit card terminal  . 

2 hours ago, Casper said:

Im in Scotland its a thing they do called Municipal banking its the council in partnership  with private banks ... 

That explains why you're friendly lol

2 hours ago, JA Trader said:

Exactly.

Had this idiot once he said its instant because he sent money to himself before and it was instant. Yet clearly it said up to 2 hours... And then thats not always guaranteed as payments can be selected for security.... And that delays things by hours

Edited by TangoVictor32

22 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

That explains why you're friendly lol

:) 

21 hours ago, Casper said:

I think all banks do. Some are instant credit to the account- some take a day. 

5 minutes ago, sellect2 said:

Thanks ill ask  

edit ive just checked online my bank does will speak to them next week 

Edited by Casper

8 minutes ago, Casper said:

Thanks ill ask  

edit ive just checked online my bank does will speak to them next week 

I banked a chunk last week, by the time I got back to base, 5 mins, the cash was showing in my account. 

16 minutes ago, sellect2 said:

Really?

Never should take a day. Should be instant.

Bank transfers can not always be there for immediate use however.

32 minutes ago, sellect2 said:

I banked a chunk last week, by the time I got back to base, 5 mins, the cash was showing in my account. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

If I send the wife to the bank with cash it doesn't appear at ALL for bloody weeks :huh::lol:

If it appears at all :lol:

Edited by Casper
  • Haha 1