JDM1983

How to get customers to leave a review?

9 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

We aren't writing statements now that sort of stuffs not really the done thing.

Only way to guarantee a review....

If it's bad then you dont upload it... If it's good of course you do.

Have considered a pda touchpad system - with admin overrule of course where you can omit bad reviews :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Casper said:

Theres a lot of bloggers on youtube with channels making videos etc some seem to be doing well and some have even given up there day jobs . 

Always wondered how much they make.

You must need some mega views/ followers to earn something?

Was watching a documentary on McDonald's vs Burger King and they had food vloggers who would eat from McDonald's and Burger King and then give their review on the food.

Seriously who would watch a food vlogger? Especially on a £3 burger? Its easier to just buy one and try for yourself :lol:

15 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Only way to guarantee a review....

If it's bad then you dont upload it... If it's good of course you do.

Have considered a pda touchpad system - with admin overrule of course where you can omit bad reviews :ph34r:

Always wondered how much they make.

You must need some mega views/ followers to earn something?

Was watching a documentary on McDonald's vs Burger King and they had food vloggers who would eat from McDonald's and Burger King and then give their review on the food.

Seriously who would watch a food vlogger? Especially on a £3 burger? Its easier to just buy one and try for yourself :lol:

I watched a video on it once by cars for paul copart he's a uk based blogger

Heres the link to it it was fairy interesting 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pcYvHWhkuRE

Edited by Casper

We usually email a week after to check all ok, IF it is then we ask for review and send a link to AT site. If it’s not then we sort the issue then ask for review after it’s fixed. A few bad reviews and people will get nervous, I certainly do when booking/buying stuff.

I find the whole review thing very hit and miss. Most people swear blind they will leave a review and then don't. I did wonder whether AT were blocking them some how as I do spot adverts rather than the full dealer pack.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:16 PM, TangoVictor32 said:

That's the snowflake generation for you, they need to be told what to like or not like by someone else.

• Haha 2

More importantly how do you stop or get rid of fake reviews, the last two one star reviews I've had on Google have in my opinion been fake.

"Was looking at a BMW on carnival day and got screamed at that I couldn't afford it by some woman on the premises. I bought one elsewhere. Lower mileage better price."

Firstly there hasn't ever been a female working here, and secondly I didn't speak to this woman that left the review as I remember the Carnival day and quite clearly she never bought a car from me. She also left a one star review for a local Sainbury's and one for a local pub because they weren't open at 11am on the dot!! 

I got my own back on her though as she'd stupidly left a five star review for the company she works at, so I returned the favour!

The other one star I got just says this:

"Offer silly prices."

I hadn't sold this guy a car either, and he had left a five star review of another dealership that he'd bought a Nissan Juke from just two months previously.

It's a real kick in the teeth when you work 7 days a week and sell hundreds of cars a year to mostly satisfied customers, and then anyone can just sully your business and reputation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J.T said:

More importantly how do you stop or get rid of fake reviews, the last two one star reviews I've had on Google have in my opinion been fake.

"Was looking at a BMW on carnival day and got screamed at that I couldn't afford it by some woman on the premises. I bought one elsewhere. Lower mileage better price."

Firstly there hasn't ever been a female working here, and secondly I didn't speak to this woman that left the review as I remember the Carnival day and quite clearly she never bought a car from me. She also left a one star review for a local Sainbury's and one for a local pub because they weren't open at 11am on the dot!! 

I got my own back on her though as she'd stupidly left a five star review for the company she works at, so I returned the favour!

"Offer silly prices."

I hadn't sold this guy a car either, and he had left a five star review of another dealership that he'd bought a Nissan Juke from just two months previously.

It's a real kick in the teeth when you work 7 days a week and sell hundreds of cars a year to mostly satisfied customers, and then anyone can just sully your business and reputation.

I hate when that happens dealer I'm friendly with have a tea with at auction got left a negative review for not offering retail money for a px and the guy made up lies .

Edited by Casper

Easy. Don’t read your reviews then you won’t get upset. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BHM said:

The problem is BHM is that customers read those reviews, as I've had a couple of people recently mention them. So I wonder how many people might have been put off by those reviews. 

1 minute ago, BHM said:

It's actually a not bad idea look at all the celebs who say they no longer use social. Media due to trolls etc or don't read it during a big comp .

20 minutes ago, J.T said:

"Offer silly prices."

Always respond if you can .. even if it just something like for clarification I'm a self employed owner operator and no woman works here sorry  I'm confused ny this review 

customers will say I seen an idiot writing a review but noticed your response ive heard it before . 

7 minutes ago, J.T said:

The problem is BHM is that customers read those reviews, as I've had a couple of people recently mention them. So I wonder how many people might have been put off by those reviews. 

False reviews are killing us - read my separate thread. (It is in the private section)

Internet is a fantastic thing but the problem is you have dickheads that can purposely write whatever they like to try and tarnish your reputation

Can't do anything these days without fear of offending somebody who may post something online that becomes a nightmare to try and remove

Edited by RJEauto

If you really really want to have a customer leave you a review and you want to ensure that they do it with minimal fuss or chasing from you a trick I always always use is to sell them an absolute rotter of a car and ignore their calls. 

8 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

If you really really want to have a customer leave you a review and you want to ensure that they do it with minimal fuss or chasing from you a trick I always always use is to sell them an absolute rotter of a car and ignore their calls. 

:lol: or sell it to a customer who previously owned an astra and you would probably get a 5 star review 

24 minutes ago, RJEauto said:

False reviews are killing us - read my separate thread. (It is in the private section)

Internet is a fantastic thing but the problem is you have dickheads that can purposely write whatever they like to try and tarnish your reputation

Can't do anything these days without fear of offending somebody who may post something online that becomes a nightmare to try and remove

Surely rather like the review you left a third party? 

As the old saying goes ‘Live by the sword, die by the sword’.