15Cars

Manheim Funny Business

Afternoon All

Bid a couple hundred over CC on a couple of motors online with Manheim this morning, both 'sold' for stupid money, not far shy off retail. Just looking through their online bid weekender event and both cars are listed with BIN prices several hundred over CC but less than what they supposedly sold for this morning.

Is this common?

Cheers

Very common some times they even call you asking if your still interested . 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 15Cars said:

Afternoon All

Bid a couple hundred over CC on a couple of motors online with Manheim this morning, both 'sold' for stupid money, not far shy off retail. Just looking through their online bid weekender event and both cars are listed with BIN prices several hundred over CC but less than what they supposedly sold for this morning.

Is this common?

Cheers

I suspect what has happened is someone has been adjusting the volume on their computer and accidently bid for a couple of cars by accident and then not gone to pick them up. Easy done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

I suspect what has happened is someone has been adjusting the volume on their computer and accidently bid for a couple of cars by accident and then not gone to pick them up. Easy done. 

Dont you hate it when that happens? 

Manheim are the masters of selling you 'bolt ons' and extras that are of no value to trade buyers and that have no value when sold on. That new thing they started where you have to pay £2 to check the mot history for you? Does anyone not check mot history themselves? Lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, met said:

Dont you hate it when that happens? 

Manheim are the masters of selling you 'bolt ons' and extras that are of no value to trade buyers and that have no value when sold on. That new thing they started where you have to pay £2 to check the mot history for you? Does anyone not check mot history themselves? Lol

Crazy £2 to check the mot history . The one i always liked was charging both the buyer and seller to hpi check it as though its be written off from leaving the seller to going through hall   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Casper said:

Crazy £2 to check the mot history . The one i always liked was charging both the buyer and seller to hpi check it as though its be written off from leaving the seller to going through hall   

And £40 to use Simulcast

• Like 2

They won’t give away the steam from their shit. I had a delivery from them & they employed a Movex driven service (personally I wouldn’t recommend Movex & I certainly would never opt for a driven service).

Anyhow the car gets damaged (I know accidents happen so that’s not my complaint) so I refuse it. Days later I’m still waiting for my refund & the auction house had the cheek to tell me I’ll get it when the car’s back at their yard. The fact the car has never actually left their possession as they employed Movex is beyond the management’s comprehension.

Edited by BHM

26 minutes ago, BHM said:

They won’t give away the steam from their shit. I had a delivery from them & they employed a Movex driven service (personally I wouldn’t recommend Movex & I certainly would never opt for a driven service).

Anyhow the car gets damaged (I know accidents happen so that’s not my complaint) so I refuse it. Days later I’m still waiting for my refund & the auction house had the cheek to tell me I’ll get it when the car’s back at their yard. The fact the car has never actually left their possession as they employed Movex is beyond the management’s comprehension.

Most the staff at the auctions I attend are decent ladies in the office are lovely etc but what is it with some managers as you say cant get the basics even when you explain it to them . Others I've met over the years look down at you thinking there better than you while they swan about with there friends from large dealer groups and car supermarkets free lunches dinners coffees walking in and out the staff only offices as they please only if your face fits mind  .

I find the owners of Independent auctions genuinely nice down to earth people just like one of the lads as my old friend used to say  but some of the larger chains are something else

I remember one saying to me years ago we don't care about the small buyer if your not buying 50 a week you get no perks  and we are more interested in looking after the vendor than the buyer  anyway

the same guy used to put cars through for a company now gone with px direct from on the sale note on windscreen at the time the guy I was working for was putting more cars in the sale and also buying more from there much larger pitch and delership workshop and they point blank refused for him .. 

18 hours ago, Casper said:

Very common some times they even call you asking if your still interested . 

To add to that we always say no or give them a low bid if they don't accept we offer them a bid in the next sale lower than original one  funny thing is it would amaze you the amount of times the accept after its been through 3 sales there famous line is sorry cant really do much for you its only its first sale .. 

Edited by Casper