Sign in to follow this  
Steve92

eBay motors

simple question, is it worth using eBay motors for advertising cars ? I know it lists a 2 month free trial but is it exactly that, is it totally free ?

Ebay offers excellent value for money to list up to 25 cars i think is around £150 per month. You will definitely sell cars from ebay not as many as Autotrader but when you compare price...no brainer.

• Like 1

yep totally free trail and for the money it offers pretty good value for money. Only downside is you get the odd eBay loony who will bid you £2500 for a £5000 car but these are easily dealt with.

• Like 2

Do you guys use it classified or do you try auctions to get rid of cheapies?

Classified ads only. There was a thread on recently which gave an example of why ebay auctions are not a risk worth taking IMO.

I tend to put a few of my cheapies in COPART, especially the Polish friendly ones :)

• Like 1

Classifieds are good for the cheaper cars you want to shift quick but margins are a lot slimmer on ebay than other sites. as mentioned above lots of idiots and timewasters, think its the ebay user mentality that they all want a bargain so be prepared for lots of stupidly cheeky offers. we have around 12-15 of our cheaper cars per month on there and sell 1-2 a month

We have registered, just waiting for eBay approval, then we will list them and see what happens next.