TangoVictor32

The good side of BCA

Before you all have a go at me and say "I told you so".... Yes I do know BCA have some good points...

Anyways bought a car with no v5 and no service history about 2 weeks ago (originally came with a blank service book) and today received a present from BCA in the post... Service book with lots of stamps in it all the way upto 120k!

They hadn't called me or anything it just got delivered. 

:P

Edit: :ph34r:

Edit again: :lol:

• Like 1

yes happened to me a few times and arrived late in the post, it is nice given the thousands of cars they sell in a week they still have the thought of sending on these  items if they arrive, Car was obviously sold with no docks so they were within there  wrights to just dispose of the items you received

Nice one BCA

• Like 1

Bet you were like a kid on Christmas morning Tango 

I bought an old polo saloon a few years back was a 40k miles 1 lady owner since a year old needed a good polish some new number plates new set of trims but mechanically sound past mot no problems etc 

anyway called the owner from the log book lovely old lady she had kept the full service history because the a3 she bought didn't come with any

she said she had enjoyed chatting and would post it to me few days later in through the post arrives fully stamped up service book all by her local garage and a touch up paint so kind of her I send her a nice thank you card in return by post .

Edited by Casper
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Before you all have a go at me and say "I told you so".... Yes I do know BCA have some good points...

Anyways bought a car with no v5 and no service history about 2 weeks ago (originally came with a blank service book) and today received a present from BCA in the post... Service book with lots of stamps in it all the way upto 120k!

Same here I had this last month on a focus 11 plate... for once I enjoyed opening the post lol kinder surprise kinda feeling :D

5 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Happened to me once, literally the day after I’d paid £25 for a new V5.

haha that's a kick in the teeth adding an owner too!

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Excellent stuff. Always nice to have a little balance :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interestingly enough i have just received a call from BCA saying they are posting me a log book for a car that was delivered last week.

The interesting part that car came with a logbook so i am intrigued to see what arrives ......

1 owner since new car so doubt its a duplicate.

On 9/3/2019 at 3:20 PM, JA Trader said:

Interestingly enough i have just received a call from BCA saying they are posting me a log book for a car that was delivered last week.

The interesting part that car came with a logbook so i am intrigued to see what arrives ......

1 owner since new car so doubt its a duplicate.

I’m having a problem like this at the min. Bought a 1 owner ex lex car from bca a few months back, Sold it last week, tried to fill new keeper details in online but dvla won’t except it as they are saying it isn’t the most recent issued V5. 

dont panic

remember an even newer log book came out a few months back

go back to customer explain situation ask them if they are willing for you to tax it and possibly pay the £25 fee at a local tax post office to get them on the road

9 hours ago, Lakeside said:

I’m having a problem like this at the min. Bought a 1 owner ex lex car from bca a few months back, Sold it last week, tried to fill new keeper details in online but dvla won’t except it as they are saying it isn’t the most recent issued V5. 

I am hoping it is this. The car is a cheap banger for me to run round in for 12 months all going well i want out of it in 12 months for essentially costing me nothing.

I cant tax the car online with the old green slip so hoping a new one will be more useful.

Heres a good old fashioned idea - fill the reg doc in with a pen and post it to DVLA! I Still do this with all my sales (send a bundle of docs every couple of weeks), never an issue, even an old blue doc. I think its as quick as filling it in online and means I get a walk off site for 5 minutes with a justified reason. 

• Like 1