Tony911

Warranty given for cars sold abroad?

Hi all, not sold many to over seas buyers and non bothered asking for warranty. Got 1 at the moment who wants to take it to Europe and is asking if warranty will be included. Is it just a case of once it's out of uk not covered buy us or any third party. I know It sounds stupid but don't want to get in bother if anything did ever go wrong

Wouldn't get into that. If I can't see it's broken I'm not paying. In the past with deals like this I've just discounted on the agreement I'll never see it again.

Its a good question . Wonder if any warranty providers here would provide

European cover   Or if there is a way you could take out one with a european provider 

interesting post 

20 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Hi all, not sold many to over seas buyers and non bothered asking for warranty. Got 1 at the moment who wants to take it to Europe and is asking if warranty will be included. Is it just a case of once it's out of uk not covered buy us or any third party. I know It sounds stupid but don't want to get in bother if anything did ever go wrong

run away

can you imagine the grief this could cause

is someone dangling the bag of silver?

ive sent a couple of customers abroad lately but all weve dne is the usual full pi full proper service new mot full global scan

they understood

Id probs politely decline too but its an interesting question .     

Cars been serviced full mot car wants for nothing just curious as what to tell them never been asked before:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Cars been serviced full mot car wants for nothing just curious as what to tell them never been asked before:rolleyes:

I know Don't know what id say in the same situation . Hopefully someone on here has experience on it . 

Edited by Casper

Same as if you were using the car in the UK Sir.  Warranty is on an RTB basis and excludes recovery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Same as if you were using the car in the UK Sir.  Warranty is on an RTB basis and excludes recovery.

This, otherwise you are leaving yourself wide open and vulnerable.

• Like 1

Be same in my mind too Return to base at customer expense for warranty claims , 

Write it on invoice , explain it to them , get them to sign a PDI , and sign to the listed warranty parts covered . Sign against " Customer returns at own expense " 

The other thing is , if its popular , sell it to someone else cos if their main question is warranty their main thing will be to claim . 

Our warranty Stops at DOVER , that's what i tell them .

Edited by David Horgan
  • Like 1

I guess as you guys say thats the only way you could do it if I'm ever asked the same question this shall be the answer .  

Sell it with 1 month 1000 miles limited warranty. 

Essentially meaning that it will be covered on it's way to Dover if anything major gives way which seems extremely unlikely. This way buyer gets a small amount of peace of mind and you get a lot of peace of mind once that 1000 rolls on the odometer. 

• Like 1

You can offer your usual warranty but its not applicable or useable outside the UK so if he has European breakdown cover, is within his mileage and time constraint you would cover it as per any normal agreement.

You certainly won't be picking the car up just outside Istanbul to regas his AC.

28 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Sell it with 1 month 1000 miles limited warranty. 

Essentially meaning that it will be covered on it's way to Dover if anything major gives way which seems extremely unlikely. This way buyer gets a small amount of peace of mind and you get a lot of peace of mind once that 1000 rolls on the odometer. 

Had a conversation with him via watsapp and he will be happy as long as it gets to dover with no issue but if it does some how fall to pieces then we have agreed to collect the car and him once he crosses the channel it's his own problem and he seems to be happy with that. Guessing that is fair enough

59 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Stops at Dover , great deal well done Tony 

Hoping it makes it to dover:ph34r:

• Like 1