j4ck100

Go home CAP, you're drunk

I was also there on Wednesday (join the club!). Did anyone else see the 51 plate M3 convertible go through Hall 3? Velvet Blue 57k, good history, nice example

Cap clean £6875

It made £10500 through the blocks. £10500!!! 

Even if that was a retail punter buying it that's way over the odds. Apparently they had £6800 on the sheet for it, I bet they're rubbing their hands together on that one

I was also there on Wednesday (join the club!). Did anyone else see the 51 plate M3 convertible go through Hall 3? Velvet Blue 57k, good history, nice example

Cap clean £6875

It made £10500 through the blocks. £10500!!! 

Even if that was a retail punter buying it that's way over the odds. Apparently they had £6800 on the sheet for it, I bet they're rubbing their hands together on that one

Makes you wonder if they should have gone to spec savers... Probably misread the '51' and thought a bargain as a '57' :) !! 

Ok Then, here's today's game of "guess......how much?"

X reg Range Rover 4.6 V8 Vogue 61k warranted, Blue, 1 owner, all history, 4 main dealer

Cap clean £2600

guess.... How much the hammer fell at!

Ok Then, here's today's game of "guess......how much?"

X reg Range Rover 4.6 V8 Vogue 61k warranted, Blue, 1 owner, all history, 4 main dealer

Cap clean £2600

The thing with these type cars is they have such a following that they really are worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.  Same with the 4 litre s types in good nick because they are quite rare. There is also the possibility that they are going for export to wealthy buyers in places like africa. 

My guess is this rangie hit 5k.

I think Cap's a little mean on that car. If you bought that car new, looked after it all its life and got told it was only worth £2500 you'd be sobbing. I'd estimate around the £4500 region.

Seeing as it's not French I know very little about such a car, however I'm assuming that because of what it is and how old it that needs to be at least 8k on the forecourt? :o

Cap clean £2600

Six thousand and fifty of your great British pounds! 

Yep £6050 + fees

How much!!!?

falling over.jpg

• Like 4

After reading all the above comments on this thread, I am thinking my business model may be all wrong - perhaps I should be buying retail & putting them through the auctions ??

• Like 1

After reading all the above comments on this thread, I am thinking my business model may be all wrong - perhaps I should be buying retail & putting them through the auctions ??

if you've got an M3 I think that's the way!

I was reading about a guy that does exactly that with property. Buys houses a little run down then puts them in auction where prices can go more than a done up house, just shows what a crazy world we live in.

Independant dealers cars go way under book though. 

I find that with eBay though, cars sold as spares or repair fetch silly money but those in good clean condition with history and mot nobody wants.

The E46 and E36 M3 are very much in demand, they are going for silly money and that won't change anytime soon either as demand is that high, I have had plenty of both models and they are great cars, proper future classics

The e30/36 will always be collectable, not sure on the e46, the e46 csl - I think the prices speak for themselves.

I think the E46 will reach a point where it is as collectible as the E36 (not sure as much as the E30) but I wouldn't say that point is just yet. It's not even been out of production for 10 years yet and wasn't a groundbreaking leap ahead of the E36 in my opinion. Having said that, after scouring the classifieds to see if I could find the one that went through BB it appears I'm on my own with that thought. There's rafts of non-CSL E46 M3's for sale over £20k so maybe there is still a good margin that car 

Independant dealers cars go way under book though. 

Everytime I send anything to auction that is the case. I go up to Scotland and buy out of SMA Kinross most weeks. Stick a John Clark Group sticker in the window and they go for daft money. 

I think the E46 will reach a point where it is as collectible as the E36 (not sure as much as the E30) but I wouldn't say that point is just yet. It's not even been out of production for 10 years yet and wasn't a groundbreaking leap ahead of the E36 in my opinion. Having said that, after scouring the classifieds to see if I could find the one that went through BB it appears I'm on my own with that thought. There's rafts of non-CSL E46 M3's for sale over £20k so maybe there is still a good margin that car 

Would you not be worried about subframe cracking on e46 m3's with it being impossible to tell without proper inspection and being a 2k ish job ?

Everytime I send anything to auction that is the case. I go up to Scotland and buy out of SMA Kinross most weeks. Stick a John Clark Group sticker in the window and they go for daft money. 

I used to buy quite a lot from Kinross. A good auction with great staff, sadly I was finding cap average was no longer buying the cars (it needed to be cap average as well by the time you factor in fees, transport and every car needing brakes), so I don't bother anymore.

Do you drive up there? That's one hell of a journey.

Edited by sparky

Yes Sparky I head up most Wednesdays. I tend to bring 2 or 3 lads with me and bring the cars back. I would say even factoring in transport, getting there etc etc I still have the cars on site cheaper than buying from say Leeds, Mansfield, Bham. 

My business partner is convinced I only make the trip to Kinross for the free canteen food voucher.

Would you not be worried about subframe cracking on e46 m3's with it being impossible to tell without proper inspection and being a 2k ish job ?

I certainly would, hence why I wouldn't buy one out of auction for stock or myself, especially not at that value!

• Like 1