Sign in to follow this  
friar

BCA Not as description!

Anyone able to tell me how I shall get on with car delivered from BCA,with wrong rear seat fitted?

It's a wav,the previous owner must have put wrong seat in rear, which isn't right fittings, or colour match, you couldn't sit in it.

Telephoned bca sales today, emailed with photos, nothing on their sales report about it, wondering what reply will be.

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

What do you think their reply will be ;)

Take a seat we will get back to you ?

• Like 2

I did wonder if it would be hard work!

But it wasn’t as description,so will keep you all posted.

9 hours ago, justina3 said:

Take a seat we will get back to you ?

Or perhaps a holiday would be more appropriate?

Photos showed seat,but it not correct one,for older Peugeot,with backrest bracket,which newer ones don’t have.

I think in fact it’s two small single seats required.

A lot of them have no back seats at all so I wouldn’t worry about it. 

Your punter can take it out if they don’t want it. 

depends on who carried out the conversion, ive had a few that have had different type of seat fitted which is smaller to accomodate wheelchair

When we started out we bought a nice 5 door 1 Series. Looked over it, bid and won it very cheap, drove home lovely... Great!

Next day, starting to valet it we noticed that its lovely cream leather interior was from a 3 door with the fold handles, and the rear seat bench was black cloth but the backrests were cream leather! D'oh!

I guess that the 3 and 5 dr 1 Series have different seat bases, and we couldn't find a matching base for love nor money.

Customer loved it as it was with (her words 'two tone') interior would be great as her little dog wouldn't ruin the leather on the seat base as he'd done in her previous car.

Lessons learned that day:

1, Check all the interior matches. 2, Don't bid from the top row of seats!

Edited by D&M

20 hours ago, friar said:

Anyone able to tell me how I shall get on with car delivered from BCA,with wrong rear seat fitted?

It's a wav,the previous owner must have put wrong seat in rear, which isn't right fittings, or colour match, you couldn't sit in it.

Telephoned bca sales today, emailed with photos, nothing on their sales report about it, wondering what reply will be.

You will definateley get the runaround,don’t give up.I see you are a WAV expert,great knowledge to have,huge profits compared to common car dealers.I find that you can never go wrong with a WAV !