j4ck100

"We are going to go home and think about it"

I had a woman yesterday go home and think about it. She rang back 2 hours later and paid a deposit over the phone.

Keep the faith...

• Like 1

It wouldn't be the first time we asked " what is it you need to think about?, it's one of three things, there's something wrong with the car, something wrong with me the salesman or something wrong with the price!, so which is it?" This normally gets it out in the open!

• Like 1

best thing is when they come back after thinking about it and you can tell them it sold just after they left:P,its such a nice feeling and in days gone by i would sometimes do it just for the gleefullnes of it even though it wasnt sold,oh the good ole days eh where there were more bums than seats:wacko:

• Like 1

"just need to check the insurance" normally from 40 year old couple that could insure a Ferrari for £300 a year!!! 

Need to talk to the wife! Really? Man up!

Some people do come back though so its 50/50 

It wouldn't be the first time we asked " what is it you need to think about?, it's one of three things, there's something wrong with the car, something wrong with me the salesman or something wrong with the price!, so which is it?" This normally gets it out in the open!

Like this a lot.

I was tempted to go down the lines of the essex car company from that documentary on channel 4 "What can I do to get your business today?"

Weird because they seemed really interested but when they said how much can we get off and i explained that i could only do a little bit the guy said i've got your number and hopped back in his car! Who knows if i'll see him again.

• Like 1

My vote is:

No

They're off to buy the deathtrap parked in the layby down the road.

Don't forget two of the main KPIs that you should concentrate on:

"Best Price" = Worst Profit

And the customers that give you the most aggro are the ones you make the least out of. (The reverse of that is also true)

And of course lets not forget the I'll get my mechanic to come and have a look for me brigade, never to be seen again

Last month I had two customers in the space of hours turn up with there blue disposable gloves, rag and torch one seemed to know what he was talking about but the other, after been left alone for 45 mins thought the head gasket had gone on a 407 because the coolant was a funny colour and smelt odd. Confused I went outside with him and he pointed me in the direction of what he thought was the expansion tank only to point to the washer fluid where the previous customer obviously liked to fill it up with cherry smelling screen wash!!

Both bought the cars

• Like 1

Judging by the Audi a1 we have that everyone needs to go and view another before making a decision I'd say no :) mind you the a1 really isn't a nice car, and by that I mean a1's in general not our specific car.

Judging by the Audi a1 we have that everyone needs to go and view another before making a decision I'd say no :) mind you the a1 really isn't a nice car, and by that I mean a1's in general not our specific car.

want to swap for this fiat 500? It's  ̶L̶o̶v̶e̶l̶y̶ HATEFUL. 

Hahaha, quite clearly you haven't driven a 1.6tdi Audi a1 before otherwise you wouldn't want to swap. The bonus for us is that it's a sor vehicle.

The only reason I hate the 'be back boys' is because it really is 50/50 if they come back. The only reason I get really annoyed is because I don't know if I can risk the smart arse comment that I have ready and waiting for them.

Yes exactly GG they are off to buy the deathtrap parked up down the road fo £1000 less, I actually had 58 plate Corsa up so when the buyer arrived with another 58 plate Corsa to px against mine alarms bells were ringing, he only had it 1 month , so when I asked why he was down here trying to px for the same car he tells me his wife doesn't like the colour and prefers my black car !

closer inspection revealed that his White Corsa was an in recorded insurance write off painted and repaired by a blind man! Hence he was quite happy to Palm it off to poor old me!

Like this a lot.

I was tempted to go down the lines of the essex car company from that documentary on channel 4 "What can I do to get your business today?"

Weird because they seemed really interested but when they said how much can we get off and i explained that i could only do a little bit the guy said i've got your number and hopped back in his car! Who knows if i'll see him again.

I watched that show and the ex window fitter that was trying so hard to sell the cars was making me cringe...he was so frustrated at them walking he was almost in tears.

I never let the customer push me around the cars are prepped well and priced well so they WILL sell maybe just not today. Do your best to get the deal done but normally you can just tell when there not coming back so let them go and waste someone elses time....

• Like 2

They came back against all odds! 

Low balled me a bit but I wanted the sale as didn't get a single other lead.... Until the day after it sold, so typical !!

Weirdest thing is he didn't test drive it as he said he's driven fiat 500's before, didn't look at any of the paperwork or service book either!!!! Strange world we live in 

Hahaha, quite clearly you haven't driven a 1.6tdi Audi a1 before otherwise you wouldn't want to swap. The bonus for us is that it's a sor vehicle.

haven't driven one but what could be so bad ? Will be nice quality inside like all audis maybe a bit cramped and sluggish with a 1.6 d but the fiat is all of those things and shoddily built and you sit high up like your in an mpv and it has all the get up and go of an elephant and the peddles are in the wrong place and the radio is crap and the speakers are crap and the exhaust is made from tin foil and rusts right through after 2 years from new and the steering is too light but apart from those minor details ITS GREAT & I WANT MORE!