Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Fiesta 2009 3dr seat wont move forward

When I lift the button the back rest goes down but the seat doesn't slide forward to give access to back seats. After a search on google I appear to be the only person in history to have this problem!:rolleyes: So, does anyone have a pointer or is it seat out and dig around for broken cable?

1 minute ago, met said:

When I lift the button the back rest goes down but the seat doesn't slide forward to give access to back seats. After a search on google I appear to be the only person in history to have this problem!:rolleyes: So, does anyone have a pointer or is it seat out and dig around for broken cable?

On the Fiat Punto I sold with the same problem, it was a broken cable.  In the end, the quickest and cheapest option was to get a used seat.

I would go with cable as well there is a joint that joins the back rest with the seat sliding forward. 

Fiddly job bit not to hard 

Thanks for the advice all. I've looked every for a video but failed, so i'm guessing its quite unusual on these mk7 fiesta? I hope i dont have to get a new seat. Its hard enough to match the trim, but even harder to get a breaker to split an interior for one seat 

7 hours ago, tradex said:

B) but, If it moves normally is isn't a coin...then.

Some car seats have two cables under the cloth, Clio for example, one tilts the other does the slide motion. 

OP didnt state if it moves normally 

Take the seat out and have a look on the bench

19 hours ago, met said:

Is it supposed to move forward? Not all of them do if its a basic model I seem to remember

1 hour ago, MattR said:

Is it supposed to move forward? Not all of them do if its a basic model I seem to remember

Sometimes the passenger seat does but the driver’s doesn’t.

It's a zetec S. Drivers seat seems to work ok? And yes, passenger seat will adjust backwards/forwards when you pull the adjuster under the front of the seat. But when you pull the tab on the top of the backrest it folds down but won't continue forward.

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Tell em you have to slide the seat forward manually & Back again :D

Like a slight of hand magic trick. Pull the handle on the back rest with one hand, while operating the seat adjuster with the other! "I thank you, tip your waitresses, I'm here all week":D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, met said:

Like a slight of hand magic trick. Pull the handle on the back rest with one hand, while operating the seat adjuster with the other! "I thank you, tip your waitresses, I'm here all week":D

I've done it with loads of them , they all do it DONT THEY :rolleyes: