Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Interior grab handle snapped!

So, I had a couple here today looking at a Focus Mk2. The old boy sat in the passenger seat and used the grab handle to hoist himself out and it snapped off. He said "it shouldn't have done that" I said "You're not meant to swing on it like a monkey?". But, I was actually surprised? Grab handles used to be pretty sturdy as I remember?

34 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Did they not buy the car because of it

I should have 'guilt tripped' them into it!:D

sorry but got to laugh :D your not alone, i once had a bonnet fall off on a old fiesta, hinges snapped, they were a poor design, very similar to gate hinges [ crap] i tried to convince customer that shows how reliable they are, previous owner never had to lift bonnet :lol:

it didn't work :unsure:

1 hour ago, have a word with the wife said:

sorry but got to laugh :D your not alone, i once had a bonnet fall off on a old fiesta, hinges snapped, they were a poor design, very similar to gate hinges [ crap] i tried to convince customer that shows how reliable they are, previous owner never had to lift bonnet :lol:

it didn't work :unsure:

Talking about bonnet's about 7-8 years ago had a fiat seicento Michael Schumacher edition in bright yellow god knows what made me buy it may be it was the Schumacher name, anyway kid you not had a customer come to view it and asked to view the power train under the bonnet and still remember the look on his face as he opened the bonnet a cat jumped out at him:lol: it had found a new home on top of the engine, cat hair every where. Both had a laugh and joke about it and no he didn't buy it don't know why:lol:

Edited by Tony911

7 hours ago, Tony911 said:

Talking about bonnet's about 7-8 years ago had a fiat seicento Michael Schumacher edition in bright yellow god knows what made me buy it may be it was the Schumacher name, anyway kid you not had a customer come to view it and asked to view the power train under the bonnet and still remember the look on his face as he opened the bonnet a cat jumped out at him:lol: it had found a new home on top of the engine, cat hair every where. Both had a laugh and joke about it and no he didn't buy it don't know why:lol:

Typical Pussy Time Waster :lol:

I thought you get a few more Bhp by removing the Cat.

Edited by David Ayers
  • Like 2

Thinking back now could you imagine what could of become of that poor cat if we actually cranked engine over before viewing under the bonnet:o

37 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

I thought you get a few more Bhp by removing the Cat.

Took me a minute :lol:

I thought If I could get one on Ebay for a fiver I'd be the cat that got the cream?

How wrong was I!

2 hours ago, David Ayers said:

It would obviously have been a catastrophe!

Bearing in mind the engine bay is the size of a shoe box and had a lawnmower motor in it, I'm guessing it would have been a catastrophe 

Edited by Tony911