Sign in to follow this  
Dealer

Eerily Quiet Or Is It Just Me?

13 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

well i came in for a handover, sold one to the girlie, then never saw another soul all day

so na na na na na:D

:lol:

I'm taking a couple of days off unless any serious calls come in, so fill your boots today and tomorrow - I am passing you the lucky streak.

Another dipper taken and haven't even left the house today - WTF is going on, will wake up in a minute (probably to a load of Screamers).

All this post my AT divorce - hmmm.

Not gloating, I share plenty of misery on here, so good to share success too.

Last year we did 2 Easter Friday, 1 Easter Saturday and none Sunday and Monday 

this year EXACTLY the same so far, so I’m closing fully tomorrow and going to the cricket and Monday I’ll keep the phone on but you will really have to twist my arm for an appointment! 

• Like 1

A quiet month over here too but let’s see if that changes in the next 10 days!

March was fairly busy though 

12 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Another dipper taken and haven't even left the house today - WTF is going on, will wake up in a minute (probably to a load of Screamers).

All this post my AT divorce - hmmm.

Not gloating, I share plenty of misery on here, so good to share success too.

Which advertising mediums are working Mark ? 

23 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Which advertising mediums are working Mark ? 

FB (fed from CD5 no other effort), Google via CD5’s enhanced SEO on new package and eBay (Gumtree is useless but we knew that).

Total advertising cost per month = £463 including website.  Half AT for double the stock.

Trouble is Simon, more than half of my sales are from random walk ins - I know you will not operate like that.  It’s not people driving by because I’m tucked away at the back end of the trading estate - they’re seeing my ads and just turning up.

I have reduced my ad text to bullet points, haven’t done a video in weeks, photos are no longer uniform (some inside, some out etc) and sold double the cars over the past two months vs. usual amount. OCD is struggling but the money helps.

Edited by Mark101

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

FB (fed from CD5 no other effort), Google via CD5’s enhanced SEO on new package and eBay (Gumtree is useless but we knew that).

Total advertising cost per month = £463 including website.  Half AT for double the stock.

Trouble is Simon, more than half of my sales are from random walk ins - I know you will not operate like that.  It’s not people driving by because I’m tucked away at the back end of the trading estate - they’re seeing my ads and just turning up.

I have reduced my ad text to bullet points, haven’t done a video in weeks, photos are no longer uniform (some inside, some out etc) and sold double the cars over the past two months vs. usual amount. OCD is struggling but the money helps.

Good stuff Mark. Very pleased for you that it’s working without Autoraper (as I said it would.). 

Hope it continues for you mate(s). 

Just ticking over here on the South Coast but a few nice chunky profits and good swappers-but I’ve had my foot well off the gas the last couple of weeks. 

I was complaining a few days ago that it’s been dead but I’ve sold/taken deposits on 5. I suspect just a temporary flurry before I’m back to my usual couple a week. Very few other calls though so it still ‘feels’ quiet.

As is the norm, the newer stock has sold but the last of my DA cast offs have been sat months without a sniff & still are. I’ll be having a fire sale shortly just to move some of the shit.

5 minutes ago, BHM said:

As is the norm, the newer stock has sold but the last of my DA cast offs have been sat months without a sniff

This - I have cars that I am sick of looking at, despite being busy - it’s fresh stuff that sells.

....and despite NOT opening on a Sunday I switched on my phone, a local man immediately phoned, promised to be 10 minutes & not mess me about. In fact it took him 12 minutes to get here but he stuck to the other part of his statement. I’ll be a Sunday convert shortly :lol:

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

This - I have cars that I am sick of looking at, despite being busy - it’s fresh stuff that sells.

I’ve got about 4 or 5 long-termers but if I’m honest I look at 3 of them & think ‘Why on earth did I buy that?’. In my case it was greed (cheapish) & stupidity overcoming common sense & experience. 

On 20/04/2019 at 0:34 PM, Mark101 said:

:lol:

I'm taking a couple of days off unless any serious calls come in, so fill your boots today and tomorrow - I am passing you the lucky streak.

not wanted thanks

ive just opened a bottle of montepulciano d'abruzzo 2017 and wow its really nice:)

18 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

not wanted thanks

ive just opened a bottle of montepulciano d'abruzzo 2017 and wow its really nice:)

Carefull you don’t lash out.....£5.99 bottle at Majestic !   Don’t tell me,it is from the north side of the vinyard.

Have a good weekend !

15 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Carefull you don’t lash out.....£5.99 bottle at Majestic !   Don’t tell me,it is from the north side of the vinyard.

Have a good weekend !

hi

it was given to me by one of my customers,they have a villa in italy and this wine came from next door so you could say its well travelled :)

one of the nicer things about this job is lots of customers go the extra mile and drop off nice gifts as ways of thanking me for good old fashioned service

you have a good weekend too sir:)

22 hours ago, Mark101 said:

That’s great, the walk ins though must have seen an advert, do you ask them ? I’m a bugger for forgetting to ask. Out of interest, what business use class is your unit ? 

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

That’s great, the walk ins though must have seen an advert, do you ask them ? I’m a bugger for forgetting to ask. Out of interest, what business use class is your unit ? 

I always forget to ask Simon but I do know often where an original lead comes from (except the walk-ins).

Not sure what class ths unit is but I did check the motor trade is permitted and was told yes (sales and/or servicing).  The site is pretty industrial rather than retail but a mix of everything from offices to light industrial to fairly heavy industrial. 24 hour security through a barrier.

I have a Nest camera outside the unit (and inside), it goes off every hour telling me someone is outside during the night - it is always the security guard checking my door is locked.