Sign in to follow this  
Tony911

AT vehicle check Autotrader

52 minutes ago, MOTORS said:

Unfortunately another Autotrader add on that is going to cost money, but probably the only one which will actually save money in the long term.

That's what I was thinking. CAP HPI can't be pleased about this as it will cost them a lot of customers / income. 

33 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

That's what I was thinking. CAP HPI can't be pleased about this as it will cost them a lot of customers / income. 

Seriously, check with your rep:

I was told £0.79 + VAT per check = unlimited discounted checks not totally free.

That is my interpretation anyway.

I just called them. 

£17.71 per month is the complete cost (with my number of cars)

There is nothing else to pay per check, unlimited checks subject to fair usage policy. 

So if someone wants me to do a check for them and pay me for it, this will breach AT rules and should make us both very happy for doing so :D

Just rang my rep and he doesn't know anything about 0.79p when I mentioned it, says its part of the increase this year. completely free unlimited checks, I don't get spec check but I paid extra for that anyway when I used it. my increase is £238 a month for my 35 cars but I'll be saving £220 from dropping HPi plus I'll be able to do more of them, getting text chats as well, no brainer for me but check with your rep, might be cost neutral or even cheaper if you can bin off hpi,

anyone know if if hpi tie you into a contract? cant find any paperwork

12 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I just called them. 

£17.71 per month is the complete cost (with my number of cars)

There is nothing else to pay per check, unlimited checks subject to fair usage policy. 

So if someone wants me to do a check for them and pay me for it, this will breach AT rules and should make us both very happy for doing so :D

How many cars is that for?

Just contacted my rep and it's going to cost £30 a month extra and is unlimited and also will be a full experian check and not just a basic check. She is forwarding me the booklet what explains everything we need to know. :)

3 hours ago, RH Trading said:

I am sure it is 12 months notice for cancellation. Well mine is but only had the account for a year. Maybe less for those who have held accounts longer ?

3 hours ago, RH Trading said:

Just rang my rep and he doesn't know anything about 0.79p when I mentioned it, says its part of the increase this year. completely free unlimited checks, I don't get spec check but I paid extra for that anyway when I used it. my increase is £238 a month for my 35 cars but I'll be saving £220 from dropping HPi plus I'll be able to do more of them, getting text chats as well, no brainer for me but check with your rep, might be cost neutral or even cheaper if you can bin off hpi,

14 minutes ago, L-P said:

I am sure it is 12 months notice for cancellation. Well mine is but only had the account for a year. Maybe less for those who have held accounts longer ?

Yes its 12 months :rolleyes:

Can I just reduce my HPI contract package instead of cancelling completely? 

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Yes Nick. I believe so. I think the minimum is 5 checks.

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

If you have a contract they will hold you to that unless for instance you can prove they are overcharging.We have just adjusted our 3 month notice contract for a similar reason because it differed from our original contract which goes back many years.Can you not just offer to pay them the same monthly amount for spec checks only.I am assuming AT are not doing them.This appears to be a very smart move by AT,HPI must be furious.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Can you not just offer to pay them the same monthly amount for spec checks only

I was thinking this exact same thing, to keep the account but remove the £89 pm fixed fee products (checks basically) and only pay for CAP valuations and Spec Checks as I go. 

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

This appears to be a very smart move by AT

It was about time they started making these smart moves. Share price up 28.8% year on year. 

Edited by Nick M.K.

Beware, what is in it for the Autotrader?

Do you get the same amount of liability?

How long is the price fixed for?

Ive just got my bill for February and they have over charged me for the additional adverts! I only requested an additional 10 cars and they have billed me for 20!