8 hours ago, Mistermuttley said:

And there i was thinking as it was just a stupid error it would be an easy fix. Not the cars fault ,but Fiat 500's are definitely marmite and i think I'm going off marmite!

Definitely this answer....

You could always try and buy it again and then sort the problem out? 

10 minutes ago, Stalker said:

You could always try and buy it again and then sort the problem out? 

This, or, see if they'll give you a refund for the price difference between CAT N and what you paid ;)

They may do that as it's less aggro for them ;)

27 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

This, or, see if they'll give you a refund for the price difference between CAT N and what you paid ;)

They may do that as it's less aggro for them ;)

that sounds like a plan. Are Cat N's worth about half cap clean?

15 minutes ago, Mistermuttley said:

that sounds like a plan. Are Cat N's worth about half cap clean?

Generally in my experience they fetch 50-60% of CAP Cln, depending on desirability.

My advice regarding this car however remains.  Get your money back + as much recon as you can (however you achieve this/hammer fees/cheque etc).  Even straight 500's sit srounf forever and I will never buy another one for stock.

Having said that, another repeat customer has asked me to find them a Lounge model and with a guaranteed customer, I will find one.  Probably by calling another dealer who is sick of the sight of one of their ornaments.

4 hours ago, Mistermuttley said:

ok,cheers ,will have a think and let you know of the outcome when Manheim call.

good luck:)

Edited by boring dave

1 hour ago, tradex said:

I never see 50 or 60% of CAP when I see them go thru, they usually make just under. 

Amazes me how many punters aren't bothered by a total loss? 

Best one I had -

Cat D - 64 Plate Citroen DS3 1.6 VTi with 17k miles - hammer down at £2.8k - sold quickly with no cosmistic prep beyond a valet + new MOT + Light Service for £4.5k

I wish the same could be said for the red DS3 diesel :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, tradex said:

Amazes me how many punters aren't bothered by a total loss? 

Less these days evidenced by how much they sell for.

They used to retail for 2/3rds of a straight car. Now 80% and more

Edited by twerp

Long ago there was an Irish pikey guy in Dartford used to sell "Cut and Shuts", I was there one day when a punter was rucking, he was a big old boy, and the paddy calmly said to the bloke "look at it this way mate, ya got 2 Cars for the price of one" :blink:

• Like 1

I think you got lucky with that LV situation if they actually clear the title because it was their mistake. 

I tried www.salvagehistory.org with one of my old cars and there was little info under results with link where you could purchase full “HPI Report” and it included all auction pictures. It was separate site but they must be working together.

I think this is the tool I was talking about in other thread about missing writeoff categories or those put too late. It looks like you can search salvage auctions and it is live. 

Edited by Josh Lambert

Just a follow up. Spoke to Manheim yesterday and they have said bring it back for a full refund. They did say work out your costs and have said they will take them off future auction fees, so not too bad there. When it comes back through the block would i bid for it again? Not sure, the car is decent now but its just 

Whether or not i can get the marker off it. Typing on phone and pressed submit by accident so its split into two posts!

And after typing that it automatically merged the 2 posts!

On 11 February 2019 at 2:22 PM, Dave2302 said:

Long ago there was an Irish pikey guy in Dartford used to sell "Cut and Shuts", I was there one day when a punter was rucking, he was a big old boy, and the paddy calmly said to the bloke "look at it this way mate, ya got 2 Cars for the price of one" :blink:

Back in the day, when jap imports were the thing, I remember a place in Dartford that were building skylines out of parts!

13 minutes ago, met said:

Back in the day, when jap imports were the thing, I remember a place in Dartford that were building skylines out of parts!

ive just been outside and theres a skyline for free,no parts needed:D

35 minutes ago, met said:

Fulwich Road ??

Or did you mean that Importers who was in Regent Furniture's old place on Ind Est in Northfleet ??

2 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Fulwich Road ??

Or did you mean that Importers who was in Regent Furniture's old place on Ind Est in Northfleet ??

It was a while ago now, and it was never my regular stamping ground, but I think Northfleet industrial estate? Did it have the long downhill entrance road?

8 hours ago, tradex said:

Look at it worst way, if you can't clear it are you happy to sell it as a total loss?

Be interesting to see what it makes if it comes bakc thru the ring, still on the VCAR?

If at half cap i would go for it. Any more and probably not as my drive is too small for ornaments. I have a patient wife!

59 minutes ago, met said:

It was a while ago now, and it was never my regular stamping ground, but I think Northfleet industrial estate? Did it have the long downhill entrance road?

48 minutes ago, tradex said:

wasn't there a very well respected custom car guy down that way too?

Yeah met, that was the big ish Importer in Northfleet, I used to do cog boxes for them, I bought a gorgeous GTO Twin Turbo, RHD Import off him, had all the bits on it, absolute animal of a Car, but very accomplished with it, sold it after a while before I killed myself in it / got locked up by the feds ;) 

tradex, that's Paul Burnham, Burnham Auto's, good mate of mine, he's got his own freehold place in Higham, (back of Gravesend) now, used to do trannys for him too, went to a lot of shows with them with my Yank Muscle Cars etc ;)

Follow up to what has happened.......

Took the car into Manheims as they said bring it back and we will give you a full refund. When i got there I was asked asked for the logbook so the manager could see it. After waiting about 20-30 minutes i thought something might be up. But i went for a chat with them in their restaurant (free tea and sandwich from them!) , and the manager Lisa had got in touch with LV and the car was put on the record mistakenly. The manager Lisa had spoke to Experian and they couldnt work out why it was on the vcar, but she expected them to contact them soon as a result of her chat with LV  so we waited for the phone call. No call so I said what chance do you really think it will be off the register and was told at least 90%, so i thought I'll just go home and keep it.

Didnt receive anything back for a couple of days so thought they might be struggling to get it off the vcar, but then a call from Lisa and lo and behold its off the register. Funny thing is without Lisa chasing LV herself and asking them it may not have got off the register. So now I have a little fiat to sell! Cant fault Manheim really , I know they will put the company first but I do think they try and look after their customers, at this branch anyway.

1 minute ago, Mistermuttley said:

Follow up to what has happened.......

Took the car into Manheims as they said bring it back and we will give you a full refund. When i got there I was asked asked for the logbook so the manager could see it. After waiting about 20-30 minutes i thought something might be up. But i went for a chat with them in their restaurant (free tea and sandwich from them!) , and the manager Lisa had got in touch with LV and the car was put on the record mistakenly. The manager Lisa had spoke to Experian and they couldnt work out why it was on the vcar, but she expected them to contact them soon as a result of her chat with LV  so we waited for the phone call. No call so I said what chance do you really think it will be off the register and was told at least 90%, so i thought I'll just go home and keep it.

Didnt receive anything back for a couple of days so thought they might be struggling to get it off the vcar, but then a call from Lisa and lo and behold its off the register. Funny thing is without Lisa chasing LV herself and asking them it may not have got off the register. So now I have a little fiat to sell! Cant fault Manheim really , I know they will put the company first but I do think they try and look after their customers, at this branch anyway.

Double edge sword this one:

Good news re: vcar 

Bad news: you'll now see how long they stick around 

Good luck with it, prove me wrong.

Had a look at AT price,seems about 3k for a comparable and £3200 to £3400 on ebay bizarrely. Think I'll put it up on eBay at 3k and fingers crossed it will fly out! Also use facebook/gumtree as well. Facebook seems to be the best place to get stuff shifted at the moment.