Sign in to follow this  
Mark101

Unbelievable

16 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Sold a Punto last week to a lovely family but the passenger seat will not tilt forward to reach the rear bench seat.

I said don'y worry, we will get it sorted.

Guy has taken it to Fiat main agent whom have diagnosed two broken cables. (they live 5 hours from me otherwise it would be done ny now)

Before I reveal how much they have quoted, have a guess - 2 cables plus fitting (access is via a zip in the upholstery btw)

She couldn't even tell me how much the part was because she was on the wrong screen.  Asked if they can do anything with the price and they said the manager if off until Friday so no.

Fuming....

If you get a passenger front door lock go down, i have a brand new one on the shelf!

Customer never came back for it! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark101 said:

My MkII was an embarasment at the time - it was during a time that the MkII was a chavy car, back when many a Ford had the sun visors with Kevin and Tracy across the top of the screen and fluffy dice (mine was a standard Pop or Pop Plus).

I soon moved the car on and after driving my Grandad's Triumph Acclaim, I bought one in beige as by comparison, it was quick - I later bought an auto too to break for spares.

The Acclaim burned 5l oil per tank of fuel and my Dad taking pity on me gave me £3,500 to buy a 2 year old Maestro accident repaired from his mate - another boring car which after only a few weeks later I chopped back in to the same garage for an Orion Injection Ghia MkII. Now that was cool and for the first time in my life (and never since), I was cool - 18 and driving a car that many a middle aged man aspired to, let alone a spotty teenager still in college.

Anyway, kicked out of college for the second time (I was planning a career in medicine, big disspointment I am sure) I went off to work at Butlins and found immediate (shallow) fame because I had a nice car.  I fell in with a car crowd running 2.8 Capri's and my love for RWD was refound.  I gave my Dad the Orion for a few months and bought a Chevette 1256 (I think) just because it was RWD.  Returning from my season at Butlins, I was soon back in my Orion which I later sold to start my first venture in the motor trade - still 18.

First retail purchase a highly modified 1275GT - flame spitting rocket with a cherry bomb exhaust, then an XR3i and many other (at the time) desirable cars.

See, cars are either in your blood or not IMO.  Do I still like cars and driving? - Yes, as much as the day I passed my test.  I still get excited whenever a new car arrives, either a £100 PX or a £50K Range Rover.

The only thing that has never excited me and probably because I have little mechanical experience, is working on cars.  I don't have any mechanical skills but have become proficient over the years at diagnosing faults (except DS3) but still rely on someone else who can swing a spanner.

I'm exactly the same, an oil and filter change is my limit and these days I don't do that.

After 20 years my ears recognise things as being wrong and i have a fairly good idea at diagnosis, yet scanners are the way forward for a definitive answer. It still takes skill to know a fault exists initially though as it isn't always obvious! 

Know what you are good at and leave the other things to those who are best at it. 

Great car history, reads similar to mine except replace 'Ford' with 'VW' lol. 

(BTW, a mk2 ghia orion was a lust of mine at 18 too, it just looked right and I was a sucker for a 'loon). 

40 minutes ago, Linctrader said:

(BTW, a mk2 ghia orion was a lust of mine at 18 too, it just looked right and I was a sucker for a 'loon). 

lx was the best model in red with the factory grey bottom half and the boot spoiler

they looked the bollocks

18 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Ridiculous and exactly why I hate selling cars to people who aren't an hour or two away max! I had someone from 4 hours away wanting to come the other weekend and put them off until a local could come.

The internet gives and the internet takes away! 

On 04/02/2019 at 7:23 PM, NOACROSS said:

There’s a few on eBay Mark. Looks like yours:

(177432) Fiat Punto Evo Seat passenger red trim

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264074084775

Just to update and close this thread.

Thanks to you NOA - I bought that seat from Scunthorpe (only tidy one available) but he wouldn't ship.  Organised my own courier and sent it down as customer agreed that Fiat were taking this piss.  Customer rang this morning to thank me and left me this review, you can take some credit NOA.

We bought our sons first car from Imperial Marques and I have to admit that I haven't been dealt with like this from any other car dealer before. We travelled over 175 miles to buy the car and would do so again. We discovered a slight issue with the car once we got back to Pembrokeshire and Mark rectified the issue straight away. I can't rate my experience with Mark enough, truly a genuine car dealer who delivers on his promises, it's a shame all car dealers aren't like Mark.

These are the customers I will jump through hoops to help - never aggressive, always thankful - just normal folk, they do exist.

Edited by Mark101
  • Like 1

Just now, EPV said:

Well done mate, top work.

Thanks mate - it's rarity that people phone to thank and to be honest when I saw the number come up..........................but it was just to say thank you.

3 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Thanks mate - it's rarity that people phone to thank and to be honest when I saw the number come up..........................but it was just to say thank you.

Good stuff. Glad to be of a little help. It's great when they take the time to appreciate you. Especially when they are nice people.  Makes the job worth all the effort. 

• Like 1

Just now, NOACROSS said:

Good stuff. Glad to be of a little help. It's great when they take the time to appreciate you. Especially when they are nice people.  Makes the job worth all the effort. 

Reading the first line of his review, it could have gone the other way.

We bought our sons first car from Imperial Marques and I have to admit that I haven't been dealt with like this from any other car dealer before

Nice one Mark, credit where credit's due....

A bit of appreciation can go a long way sometimes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

Nice one Mark, credit where credit's due....

A bit of appreciation can go a long way sometimes.

1 hour ago, DPF said:

Well done Mark:-)

+1 ;)

• Like 1

+3

Well done Mark, ones to remember this one when the idiots prevail (which can be most days) always great when a customer takes the time to say a simple thank you and put it down in words for others too see... Having a shitty day? then just pop back and read this.. and get on with it. As you said... Always happy to help customers who are not daft in the first place.. Virtual pint coming your way.. onward..

Good "team" effort all round looking at other forumites contributions... Good to be a part of it.

Edited by Area 51
  • Like 1

On 09/02/2019 at 2:05 PM, Mark101 said:

Just to update and close this thread.

Thanks to you NOA - I bought that seat from Scunthorpe (only tidy one available) but he wouldn't ship.  Organised my own courier and sent it down as customer agreed that Fiat were taking this piss.  Customer rang this morning to thank me and left me this review, you can take some credit NOA.

We bought our sons first car from Imperial Marques and I have to admit that I haven't been dealt with like this from any other car dealer before. We travelled over 175 miles to buy the car and would do so again. We discovered a slight issue with the car once we got back to Pembrokeshire and Mark rectified the issue straight away. I can't rate my experience with Mark enough, truly a genuine car dealer who delivers on his promises, it's a shame all car dealers aren't like Mark.

These are the customers I will jump through hoops to help - never aggressive, always thankful - just normal folk, they do exist.

Well done bud, 

The feel good factor from getting reviews like these should last you at least a week which can only be a good thing if other things are causing stress. 

Shame you had hassle from the seat seller, Scunthorpe is just up the road from me and had you posted up saying he wouldn't help I would have happily collected and wrapped for you to get the best/cheapest courier organised at your leisure. 

A job well done and appreciated by decent human beings. 

• Like 1

Well done Mark. Incredibly rare to get a thank you in person / phone or email after fixing someones car free of charge during warranty periods. 

You did the right thing by them and they appreciated it. Decent people.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Linctrader said:

Scunthorpe is just up the road from me and had you posted up saying he wouldn't help I would have happily collected and wrapped for you to get the best/cheapest courier organised at your leisure. 

Thank you Linc - that would have been great, much appreciated.

As it happened, the guy (for £7 via PayPal), packaged the item and I sent a courier in for another £33.

17 hours ago, Linctrader said:

Scunthorpe is just up the road from me

What I wanna know is who put the cunt in Scunthorpe 

55 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

What I wanna know is who put the cunt in Scunthorpe 

Plural I heard, there is a bunch of them there, pointy shoes too.. related the same bunch of that one will come across as BCA auctions from time to time.. :lol:

On 09/02/2019 at 2:08 PM, Mark101 said:

Clearly that suspicious mentality is embedded. This is why traders are hated upon and are known to just take your money. 

People treat others how you treat them.