Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

Since when could you not put the word 'SOLD' in an AT advert

Just checking my stock on AT as it's coming towards the end of the double stock offer. One of the cars is sold, so naturally I've updated the advert to say sold, which I've always done. Sometimes if I take a deposit, I'll update the advert, DEPOSIT RECEIVED, NOW SOLD.

This particular advert was showing as not advertised due to having words in the text that were not permitted, SOLD!

Since when has this been the case?! So we can't put the word SOLD in our AT ad's now?????

6 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I have no less than 4 active ads with SOLD in the attention grabber, no issues. Just double checked them all now. Maybe if it's in the attention grabber the AT "police" can't see it :-)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201810121426442

Either way, I can't believe they don't allow you to use the word sold! :blink: 

Perhaps they'll start banning words like mileage, service history etc...... 

2 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Either way, I can't believe they don't allow you to use the word sold!

+1. I went to a really good car dealer masterclass where one of the tips was to advertise SOLD vehicles. Called "The syndrom of the busy pub" in marketing (where you walk along a street of restaurants and you naturally want to go in the one which is full of customers or even has a queue to get in)

Will have to think of another text: 

Thank you, no longer available

Thank you, found a great new home

Thank you, you just missed out :-)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

+1. I went to a really good car dealer masterclass where one of the tips was to advertise SOLD vehicles. Called "The syndrom of the busy pub" in marketing (where you walk along a street of restaurants and you naturally want to go in the one which is full of customers or even has a queue to get in)

Yeah I agree. It just took me by surprise as I've never had an issue before....

Do you use a stock feed ?

It blocks it on a DMS stock feed but its ok if you do it in dealer portal as far as I can tell. Had the same issue. 

Just now, Rory RSC said:

Do you use a stock feed ?

It blocks it on a DMS stock feed but its ok if you do it in dealer portal as far as I can tell. Had the same issue. 

No, I always do it 'manually' in dealer portal.

I've just spoken to AT about it, although they couldn't give me a definitive answer as to why this one was flagged (I have similar adverts which are still live and fine) she advised not to put the word sold more than once. I had put sold in the attention grabber and the advert text.

I was still puzzled why some of my other adverts were still ok, but she gave me a 'virtual' shrug of the shoulders down the phone and just told me to be careful and not use the word sold more than once....

That makes no sense. A lot of people use the word Sold when the list the things they’ve done to it before sale. Will be Sold with new MOT for example. 

3 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

That makes no sense. A lot of people use the word Sold when the list the things they’ve done to it before sale. Will be Sold with new MOT for example. 

Exactly, couldn't agree more. 

You've not been able to duplicate the word SOLD for years, can't remember why though. But it's been that way since I first used AT (7-8 years).

Exactly the same happened to me but not regarding SOLD.

In a bid to generate some Finance business, I advertised the car saying Finance available from £X per etc (subject to status).  I used the same figures promoted at the foot of each listing but they pulled (unannounced) every advert.  It was pure luck that I checked my performance on dealer portal that evening or I would have had a weekend of no advertising.

49 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Exactly the same happened to me but not regarding SOLD.

In a bid to generate some Finance business, I advertised the car saying Finance available from £X per etc (subject to status).  I used the same figures promoted at the foot of each listing but they pulled (unannounced) every advert.  It was pure luck that I checked my performance on dealer portal that evening or I would have had a weekend of no advertising.

Same thing actually I religiously check all platforms daily to ensure stock is listed everywhere. Only takes one error or change that no one tells you about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SC Derby said:

You've not been able to duplicate the word SOLD for years, can't remember why though. But it's been that way since I first used AT (7-8 years).

Because AT don’t want a load of sold adverts sitting around on their platform screwing up their data that they sell to gullable divs like me

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Lessons from Nick, thanks for advice here plus the objective and positive view .. V.helpful... ;)

33 minutes ago, EPV said:

Because AT don’t want a load of sold adverts sitting around on their platform screwing up their data that they sell to gullable divs like me

In a nutshell as always EPV... Data, we all need DATA...

tip

never say sold

''put deposit left please phone'' 

this way you may put a bum on another seat

and not lose an advert

Switch & bait :-) 

Trading Standards absolutely love this. 

EPV, I think I might be the only Bulgarian that understands the expression gullable div :-) My English teacher would’ve been proud of me :-)

Bait & Switch rather. 

I had this recently on an old crapper to clear and wondered if it's to stop 'sold as seen/sold on trade basis/sold for spares . Just swapped in 'Supplied' instead and all good .

Edited by Anglo9

S0LD (The second letter is actually a number).

3 hours ago, BHM said:

Clever

3 hours ago, BHM said:

Now you have told them, their "bots" will spot this ... :P

8 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Clever

It's all that practice he's had form adding all those extra 0's to his prices!!! :D

@BHM :P