Sign in to follow this  
DBDlloyds

BCA

Hi guys,

Had my first visit to BCA Enfield yesterday and had a pleasant surprise. (Usually frequent Aston Barkley )

Got there early to view the cars I had selected as possible purchases and as usual axed 50% of them straight away. Anyway, waited for the auction to start and to my surprise a guy came out and walked along the line opening the cars and starting them. This allowed the traders time to get in the car test the clutch and other bits and pieces before it went through the hall. If this is BCA std practice it would have saved me a few expensive purchases in the last few months from other auctions.

Anyway, as good as the above is I didn’t win a car as prices achieved were very high ha ha.

I suspect this isn’t the norm but if anyone can confirm that would be great,

Cheers, Dean.

12 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

At BCA what you are describing has always been the norm. 

Not at Paddock Wood for sure.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

At BCA what you are describing has always been the norm. 

Thanks Nick, that’s a breath of fresh air, at Aston’s the cars are started by the individual drivers and driven straight in leaving you no time to test anything. You are not allowed in the cars even when static with the ignition off. I know it wouldn’t stop buying troublesome cars but would certainly give you a bit more of an idea....

Cheers Dean.

I was also at bca Enfield yesterday. As nick says it’s pretty normal. However the prices were stupid yesterday! 

Never bid at Paddock Wood, have bought one online, grade 3 that should’ve been a grade 7 (if it existed)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

I was also at bca Enfield yesterday. As nick says it’s pretty normal. However the prices were stupid yesterday! 

I agree, prices were mad, I wondered if it was because it was a Saturday and loads of private’s. Do you go other days .?

Yeah I thought that too. Loads of new faces. Yeah I normally go twice during the week. I was collecting a car yesterday but kept an eye on the hall, had to laugh at a few going for retail and above! 

4 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Yeah I thought that too. Loads of new faces. Yeah I normally go twice during the week. I was collecting a car yesterday but kept an eye on the hall, had to laugh at a few going for retail and above! 

Think I will try during the week...

cheers,

55 minutes ago, Kes said:

Enfield is my local. If your face fits you can get away with jumping in the cars! 

I bought a 118d M Sport convertible auto for £6300 inc fees last Tuesday from Enfield bca and sold it Wednesday afternoon for £8800. you couldn’t make it up in the middle of winter. i only bought it as it capped a 6800 and was mega cheap and fully assured. 

Selling a convertible in the winter within 24 hours will never be achieved again lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grantlfc81 said:

I bought a 118d M Sport convertible auto for £6300 inc fees last Tuesday from Enfield bca and sold it Wednesday afternoon for £8800. you couldn’t make it up in the middle of winter. i only bought it as it capped a 6800 and was mega cheap and fully assured. 

Selling a convertible in the winter within 24 hours will never be achieved again lol

Was it white grant? Good price that regardless. 

4 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Was it white grant? Good price that regardless. 

Black on black - 58k miles diesel auto - absolutely stunning - just serviced and Mot’d - I literally couldn’t believe how cheap I got it. Never happens.

all green ticks on the report

Edited by Grantlfc81

55 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Black on black - 58k miles diesel auto - absolutely stunning - just serviced and Mot’d - I literally couldn’t believe how cheap I got it. Never happens.

They're funny like that. Usually make all or nothing at auction

58 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

To be fair I picked up a few cheapies on Tuesday at Enfield. Haven’t sold them yet though lol! 

On 20/01/2019 at 7:52 PM, Grantlfc81 said:

Lucky sod

I used to like driving a softop in the winter. But i'm a bit weird like that? Never used to catch a cold either

1 hour ago, met said:

I used to like driving a softop in the winter. But i'm a bit weird like that? Never used to catch a cold either

:lol: you mean with it down?

Had saab 93 2004 and you cannot tell the difference in winter! In fact some non convertibles were colder and shitter!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Had saab 93 2004 and you cannot tell the difference in winter! In fact some non convertibles were colder and shitter!

I've driven all sorts, caterhams, elans and even a jensen healey!  Never put the hood up. Lol i was out yesterday evening and it was zero degrees following a mustang with top down and two 'elderly' guys in it? Not so keen on 4 seater  softops.  Sitting in the back of an open 4 seater you look like hitler! Although if you driving a two seater you have to be either on your own or with a lady. Because two blokes in a two seater with the top down is gay! Lol

Edited by met

5 hours ago, met said:

I've driven all sorts, caterhams, elans and even a jensen healey!  Never put the hood up. Lol i was out yesterday evening and it was zero degrees following a mustang with top down and two 'elderly' guys in it? Not so keen on 4 seater  softops.  Sitting in the back of an open 4 seater you look like hitler! Although if you driving a two seater you have to be either on your own or with a lady. Because two blokes in a two seater with the top down is gay! Lol

What if its father and son or a mate... Lol 

Bet that's why some people have 2 cars

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Used to have a 2001 93 and drove it top down all the time unless it was raining. Heated seats and excellent heater so never felt cold (did put a jumper on though). Some of my best drives were in the winter, and loved night driving with the top down. Drive the mx5 with top down whenever possible too, though that’s because it’s claustrophobic otherwise :)