not at all

they bid in an auction

how many times a year do we get shafted

well done

my maxim is

can i repair

will it sell spares/repairs

should i scrap

you chose wisely glasshopper.............

Sorry to tell you but private buyers at car auctions have consumer rights,keep your fingers crossed.

You are correct and believe me I am keeping everything crossed. I thought twice about posting this and in hindsight I think I might just take it down. You never know who's watching

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Autolink100 said:

You are correct and believe me I am keeping everything crossed. I thought twice about posting this and in hindsight I think I might just take it down. You never know who's watching

Intriguing this post is.... I don’t have a clue what its about ? 

27 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

It demonstrates how effective an EDIT button can be when you have one :-)

So true...

• Like 1

LOL, read between the lines, a shitter has been sold at auction, bought by a private, who has rights to expect his £50 pile of poop to be fixed up into a brand new Car ;)

Great post! What’s the point in posting something if you’ve not got the balls to stand by it?

25 minutes ago, BHM said:

Great post! What’s the point in posting something if you’ve not got the balls to stand by it?

its called looking after ones interests after the event

look to the houses of parliament to see how its done if unsure:D

2 hours ago, BHM said:

2 hours ago, BHM said:

On 20/01/2019 at 11:01 AM, Blenheim Car Sales said:

oooohhhhh well, Poor fella thats not nice, he expected all them old used cars to be  fully prepped prior to them going to auction did he He he

2 hours ago, BHM said:

I was gloating:D But I was gloating prematurely as I don't have the cheque yet;) Let me get the cheque banked and then I will come back and gloat properly

Seen someone make a good car out of two cars then dump the waster down the block , that little oil in gearbox to stop it leaking it was transported via a lorry to local night auction .

I actually saw two privates bidding its socks off for this car so i joined and trotted it up another £400 :ph34r: then stood back and  watched him buy it at CAP clean + £250  . Paid the fees ;) that did . 

Was on side of road 4 miles out of auction with a busted gearbox :rolleyes: & Over heating with a leaking rad :o

Bargain cars , never know when do you , Auctions not for the faint hearted are they ;)

Sold as seen it was too 

A trader friend bought something from our local BCA in the fleet and finance a good while ago.In those days there was an engineers report on the screen and items where referred to as being serviceable or needing attention.He paid for it and reentered it leaving the BCA engineers report on the windscreen.It did a little bit of profit.The private buyer then returned the car and requested a refund.BCA asked my friend what he wanted to do.He said there should be no refund as it was clearly sold without warranty and the BCA engineers report was visible to the buyer.Trading Standards got involved and prosecuted for selling an unroadworthy vehicle despite the engineers report describing brakes,lights and steering as serviceable.He was fined in excess of £2000 + legal costs and full refund.....Let’s hope Autolink is OK.

Well, it had a new MOT a few days before going down there so certainly don't think there would be any issues about it being roadworthy but as to being driven more than about 2 miles, that's another matter. It was also "sold as seen" so no engineers report or mechanical description. It's an interesting subject, I found this online from the CAB

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Documents/Advice%20factsheets/Consumer%20Affairs/c-buying-at-auction.pdf