Sign in to follow this  
david gott

Great price bracket stock!!!

DA is full of utter bollocks for the most part. 

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

I’ve never even looked at Dealer Auction. Is it fun? 

What happened to the guy who was hacked for £2500 on DA ,who was that again ?

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I’ve never even looked at Dealer Auction. Is it fun? 

No, I finally decided to cancel over Xmas.

Nail in the coffin was a little iQ from Ron Brooks that had a clutch in pieces, they had the cheek to leave a 1 mile old VHC and service receipt stating “clutch slipping badly’! Obviously no mention on listing.

Shame, as there were a couple local main stealers that were half decent but margins were reducing and most were just cast offs that there favourite traders didn’t want.

No money back yet, Natwest are the useless but on the 31st of jan a new law is coming into place, a complaint can be made against the faudsters bank (nationwide) 

If you know the Fraudsters Bank I'd try reporting them to the Financial Ombudsman, I think you have to write to them first, but the threat of that may make them cough up.

Fuckin' farce if you asked me, failing that ask them to give you the name and address of their fraudster account holder !!  Ruin the c*nt !!

Too much of this shit going on these days !!

November last year I bought Mel a Xmas pressie on line, 2 days later at 10:30 pm my bank (Santander) calls and tells me my Credit Card has been used suspiciously .........................

a £ 0.75p Parking Charge in Milton Keynes, and a £10.00 Mobile Top Up in North London ......................

"No not me", says I, "I haven't been anywhere near there and both my Cards are in my Wallet" ....................

Card Cancelled on the spot, Refunded £10.75 in full and a £100.00 goodwill payment to my A/c because the girl on the phone accidentally cancelled both my Credit Card and also my Bank Card in error :) 

It was 4 days until I received 2 new cards, and I was not inconvenienced in the slightest, although I never actually said that to them :D

For me dealer auction is ok, last year I had some really good margins and some really poor margins but what I like is the efficiency it gives me, for example on Wednesday I was contemplating going the manheim Leeds, a 1 hour drive there and back, no garauntee of getting anything decent then even if I do I’ve got to get the cars to the pitch, it’s a full day taken up, I had a loads of other shit to do aswell, so I thought bugger it, there was a couple of bits on DA, won a car at 11am, it was here by 3pm, I will probably earn exactly what I would have if I was at the block but if you work out time over margin, dealer auction wins every time. 

11 minutes ago, david gott said:

For me dealer auction is ok, last year I had some really good margins and some really poor margins but what I like is the efficiency it gives me, for example on Wednesday I was contemplating going the manheim Leeds, a 1 hour drive there and back, no garauntee of getting anything decent then even if I do I’ve got to get the cars to the pitch, it’s a full day taken up, I had a loads of other shit to do aswell, so I thought bugger it, there was a couple of bits on DA, won a car at 11am, it was here by 3pm, I will probably earn exactly what I would have if I was at the block but if you work out time over margin, dealer auction wins every time. 

Could you not do exactly the same with BCA and Manheim Online?

21 minutes ago, david gott said:

I will probably earn exactly what I would have if I was at the block but if you work out time over margin, dealer auction wins every time. 

I can't see that. 

I went to Blackbushe on Monday. Was dropped off there by 11:00 (30 min drive). Bought 5, all very nice stock at very sensible prices. My last invoice was emailed around 13:20 so I was bidding in the halls for no more than 2 hours. By 4pm the first car I came back in (the black Volvo I texted you a video of) was washed, cleaned, photographed, video'd and ready for advert. I am just finishing the advert for No 3 of the 5, the last two I will get early next week. 

13 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I can't see that. 

I went to Blackbushe on Monday. Was dropped off there by 11:00 (30 min drive). Bought 5, all very nice stock at very sensible prices. My last invoice was emailed around 13:20 so I was bidding in the halls for no more than 2 hours. By 4pm the first car I came back in (the black Volvo I texted you a video of) was washed, cleaned, photographed, video'd and ready for advert. I am just finishing the advert for No 3 of the 5, the last two I will get early next week. 

I like a quick turnaround thats the way to do things. 

5 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Get ready for them storage fees nik! 

I used to happily pay them when stock was difficult to find. See a very cheap car, buy it without having the ££££ to pay it, wait a week or two, pay it + £60-70 storage and watch how the same car sells for £1500 more :-)

Now though it's easier. I will pay them by transfer 3 days after winning them, this gives me extra 4 days of FREE storage so I have until end of play on TUE to pick them up. Free. 

Just now, Rory RSC said:

I like a quick turnaround thats the way to do things. 

I call it a turnaround when sold and I need another few days for that. Off skiing this weekend so will sell zero. 

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Could you not do exactly the same with BCA and Manheim Online?

Tried it for 4 months, the main problem was leaving proxy bids, I found the Bca website rubbish for leaving proxy bids, manheim website is great, I absolutely detest sitting on the computer all day waiting for the cars to come through and then when they do Sod’s law customers turn up etc, so would leave proxy bids but got fed up of grade 3 cars looking like grade 5, if you get to know certain dealers on dealer auction it’s great, the proxy bids don’t get bidded up and I feel like I can knick some like I would if I was at an auction, each to their own, whatever’s best for you.

I can't see that. 

I hear you Nick, maybe when I get all my retails cars above 7k that will work for me but the price bracket I’m in at the moment, it’s tough trawling round all the auctions trying to buy a car that’s valued at say 4K retail and buy for 2700 plus buyers fees 

I used to happily pay them when stock was difficult to find. See a very cheap car, buy it without having the ££££ to pay it, wait a week or two, pay it + £60-70 storage and watch how the same car sells for £1500 more :-)

Now though it's easier. I will pay them by transfer 3 days after winning them, this gives me extra 4 days of FREE storage so I have until end of play on TUE to pick them up. Free. 

So they don’t start charging storage until a couple days after the invoice is paid? Not a couple days after winning bid? 

They start 4 days after winning. 

IF you pay during these 4 days you get another 3 days free

9 hours ago, david gott said:

No money back yet, Natwest are the useless but on the 31st of jan a new law is coming into place, a complaint can be made against the faudsters bank (nationwide) 

Did you contact the Manheim/Cox guy who appears on here from time to time as suggested.Don’t rely on Nat West because you have probably already signed your rights away and you don’t know it.

20 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

They start 4 days after winning. 

IF you pay during these 4 days you get another 3 days free

Worth knowing. Thanks