GreenGiant

Sold a car to anyone with a great name?

A bit frivolous, but just to show I don't only rant for a living... I've signed up two deals this morning - first car to a Mr & Mrs Lacey. Then one to a Mr Cagney.

OK, so it was the wrong way round, but you get the idea. It got me thinking...have you sold a vehicle to someone with an 'interesting' name?

As it happens, I have, in the dim distant past, sold cars to two people with totally fabulous, unforgettable names, but I'm going to save them till I've seen what you guys and gals can come up with.

Anybody?

• Like 2

sold a van to johnny depp via a film company to be converted for his personal DJ, didn't believe the man until the official order came through and had to deliver it to shepperton studios

• Like 1

Many years ago I two Golf GTI's to a company - I really thought it was a joke ..

1st guy was James Dean

2nd Paul Newman

I said don't tell me you have Marilyn Munroe as well .. he said nearly Marily but not munroe ! 

What are the chances of that .. a business based in Chester if anyone else know of them ?

Many years ago I two Golf GTI's to a company - I really thought it was a joke ..

1st guy was James Dean

2nd Paul Newman

I said don't tell me you have Marilyn Munroe as well .. he said nearly Marily but not munroe ! 

What are the chances of that .. a business based in Chester if anyone else know of them ?

Many moons ago when working in North London, I sold a van to a Mr Ronald Sole.

Didn't think anything of it until I addressed the envelope of his 'Thank you for buying a car' letter.

The best is yet to come...

I sold an old jag to an east end wide boy called Grant Mitchell, a van to Mr Prick, an Insignia to Mr Tickle and not a good name but I've currently got a saxo on stock and the previous keepers are a Reverand and an MBE! It's like the start of a joke on the v5!

• Like 1

So. The best one...and worth the wait, I think you'll agree.

About 15 years ago, I sold a car to an elderly couple. From the driving licence I saw, the woman's first names were Treasure Pearl. Pretty good eh? That's not the best bit.

Turns out she had married a bloke with the surname....

Ireland.

Mrs Treasure Ireland.

I sh#t you not. PML for weeks.

That is genius. I hope they married purely for the comedy value. In fact I hope she only dated men called Ireland for years until she found the right one. 

Wanted. Male. Must have VGSH. Surname MUST be Ireland, for purposes of a joke. 

Wanted. Male. Must have VGSH. Surname MUST be Ireland, for purposes of a joke. 

...or Hunter, at a push.

• Like 1

Although not a customer we have dealt with I know of a guy at the local Golf Course , who's nickname is 'Head First' due to the way his name appears on the golfing result board...................................R. SLATER !!!!!

IF YOU ARE CONFUSED SAY IT OUT LOUD, THEN YOU WILL REALISE WHY ITS FUNNY :-)

So. The best one...and worth the wait, I think you'll agree.

About 15 years ago, I sold a car to an elderly couple. From the driving licence I saw, the woman's first names were Treasure Pearl. Pretty good eh? That's not the best bit.

Turns out she had married a bloke with the surname....

Ireland.

Mrs Treasure Ireland.

I sh#t you not. PML for weeks.

How perfect. Brilliant!

Again, not car related, but at a paper I worked for I did a story about the town's Silver Band. I spoke at length to the conductor,  Mr Hall. And yes, his first name was Albert...

A lifetime ago, when I was working for a North London Toyota dealership, a Mr. Penas (yes, spelt that way) came in. 

This was possibly my most unprofessional episode in the business. I sat him down and started taking his details and going through the process, all the while trying (and failing miserably) to stifle the laughter.

He gave me my get out of jail free card by asking about payments. Straight to the BM's office where I lost it completely. I pre-warned him and he lost it too, then came out to second face him (I couldn't speak!!). He also tried & failed to have a professional conversation but we caught each other's eye and completely lost it.

That poor guy probably still hasn't managed to change his car.

• Like 1

A lifetime ago, when I was working for a North London Toyota dealership, a Mr. Penas (yes, spelt that way) came in. 

This was possibly my most unprofessional episode in the business. I sat him down and started taking his details and going through the process, all the while trying (and failing miserably) to stifle the laughter.

He gave me my get out of jail free card by asking about payments. Straight to the BM's office where I lost it completely. I pre-warned him and he lost it too, then came out to second face him (I couldn't speak!!). He also tried & failed to have a professional conversation but we caught each other's eye and completely lost it.

That poor guy probably still hasn't managed to change his car.

That has just cracked me up.Once something sets me off laughing I can't regain composure.