Sign in to follow this  
ExCouncilJobsworth

Which auctions can I sell at?

Hi guys I am wondering which auctions can i sell at?

Dealer Auction sounds a pain generally and now there has been a fraud issue. So i would avoid them. 

I have spoken to BCA and they want an arm and a leg and they said it will be put through a non prime time sale.

John Pye is a load of rubbish and never make enough money.

Any others will be appreciated.

Cheers

There must be loads of independent small auctions near you. Where are you based?

29 minutes ago, EPV said:

There must be loads of independent small auctions near you. Where are you based?

Nottingham and London. I do adhoc council work here and there as i get bored at home and this tends to be in London. 

But do these independents fetch good money i mean are the prices on fire like at BCA? :lol:

7 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Nottingham and London. I do adhoc council work here and there as i get bored at home and this tends to be in London. 

But do these independents fetch good money i mean are the prices on fire like at BCA? :lol:

You’ll be in the multi vendor section mate! You’re better off finding another way to sell I reckon! 

• Like 1

I think da having a fraud issue is a bit over dramatic it’s far more likely that a garage rather than da themselves have a security issue. 

Logically if it was da’s system hacked then why stop at one dealer you would take hundreds of  accounts. 

I know when we had this issue the hacker was in our clients outlook account. 

• Like 1

Unless it’s absolutely scrap I’ll sell it myself. Easy money in the bangers. Try a brutal eBay advert. 

To sell on DA - you need to be a franchised dealer

I use Wilson’s but the bids are pitiful in the General section.

We have tried the main three for our own cars but as mentioned unless you are putting in a good regular volume you get dumped in the dealer direct or fleet and finance section where buyers seem wary unlike the mainstream vendors.

Ironically our cars are probably better than most fleet cars as we control the servicing which is bang on time using main dealers as well as only putting our cars out to long standing clients who look after them.

If you have newer cars to get hold of companies like Adesa will remarket them for a flat rate but again we tend to find autotrade mail or our normal trade buyers the best way out.

Letchworth Car Auctions are worth a look

Just off the A1 north of Stevenage in Hertfordshire

2 evening sales a week and all cars are in one section you can choose to sell sold as seen or with mechanical reports

Very reasonable sellers fees too

10 hours ago, Mark101 said:

To sell on DA - you need to be a franchised dealer

I use Wilson’s but the bids are pitiful in the General section.

i put mine in Wilsons, here are some example, 2007 Golf GT TDI 147k-£650 2009 207 1.4 Sportium 100k- £375 2004 BMW 330D Coupe 145k- £850, I like to think we have a separate CAP value of CAP piss poor, unless the cars are utter bangers you will blow fortunes, none of the cars above had any visible issues and were bough and retailed on by the local toe rags

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Unless it’s absolutely scrap I’ll sell it myself. Easy money in the bangers. Try a brutal eBay advert. 

+1.

6 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

and were bough and retailed on by the local toe rags

Surely you mean ‘reputable retailers’ :lol:

13 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

i put mine in Wilsons, here are some example, 2007 Golf GT TDI 147k-£650 2009 207 1.4 Sportium 100k- £375 2004 BMW 330D Coupe 145k- £850, I like to think we have a separate CAP value of CAP piss poor, unless the cars are utter bangers you will blow fortunes, none of the cars above had any visible issues and were bough and retailed on by the local toe rags

You've absolutely given those away

12 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Ebay dont work for me.

God even selling something small on eBay like a toy doesnt work anymore. People bid then dont pay message saying its wrong colour etc 

Had my time wasted with my cars on there on auction listing or with classified add the phone dont ring.

Also have you sold your Jag x type? I had one in Sept at 87k miles on 06 sold in a day. Now i got an 08 with 125k with quilted leather fsh and the phone dont ring ?! :huh:

I much rather invest in commercials they're hassle free.

4 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Cant ever sell anything at auction without a main dealer flag.

This is what i dont get.

Main dealers get them as part exes from joe public though?

I agree with everything above regarding big auction houses/fees/general section etc. But depending on what you have to sell, I seem to remember Chelmsford Aston Barclay used to be OK, plenty of privates at the 'Saturday' sales after a bargain! And being in the 'general' didn't make so much of a difference. To my mind, if you are going to sell at auction you want to reach private buyers rather than other traders so evening/weekend sales. I've had varying luck on Ebay, I always felt lucky that the sale went through, I can't imagine how guys can use it as their sole advertising method?

2 hours ago, twerp said:

You've absolutely given those away

yup, end up at the end of the sale at Wilsons on a Friday

32 minutes ago, met said:

I agree with everything above regarding big auction houses/fees/general section etc. But depending on what you have to sell, I seem to remember Chelmsford Aston Barclay used to be OK, plenty of privates at the 'Saturday' sales after a bargain! And being in the 'general' didn't make so much of a difference. To my mind, if you are going to sell at auction you want to reach private buyers rather than other traders so evening/weekend sales. I've had varying luck on Ebay, I always felt lucky that the sale went through, I can't imagine how guys can use it as their sole advertising method?

ebay, where do you start, utter pile of wank and home of the time waster

1 hour ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Ebay dont work for me.

God even selling something small on eBay like a toy doesnt work anymore. People bid then dont pay message saying its wrong colour etc 

Had my time wasted with my cars on there on auction listing or with classified add the phone dont ring.

Also have you sold your Jag x type? I had one in Sept at 87k miles on 06 sold in a day. Now i got an 08 with 125k with quilted leather fsh and the phone dont ring ?! :huh:

I much rather invest in commercials they're hassle free.

This is what i dont get.

Main dealers get them as part exes from joe public though?

the trade knows their shagged or we would have sold on or traded

It is very difficult these days for small traders to do any good selling at the block on a trade entry ticket.Apart from the prohibitive charges,the trade won’t bid unless it is for nothing so you are basically chasing a private punter.Then to have a half chance,the car has to be mint and you need a prime slot ( that arrangement with the yard manager usually costs money ).Then you need a ‘friendly’ auctioneer who will try hard ( that also costs money and extra money if he does well).Also,you may only be allowed 3 sale entries and they might kick it out.That is why there are very few traders earning money selling at the block.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, trade vet said:

It is very difficult these days for small traders to do any good selling at the block on a trade entry ticket.Apart from the prohibitive charges,the trade won’t bid unless it is for nothing so you are basically chasing a private punter.Then to have a half chance,the car has to be mint and you need a prime slot ( that arrangement with the yard manager usually costs money ).Then you need a ‘friendly’ auctioneer who will try hard ( that also costs money and extra money if he does well).Also,you may only be allowed 3 sale entries and they might kick it out.That is why there are very few traders earning money selling at the block.

... and after three entries it will be 'fucked', everything broken or missing (don't leave the book pack in the glove box) and/or malicious damage. 

The thing is, we all take in good part exchanges that maybe don't fit the stock profile for whatever reason, and you just want your money back so that you can reinvest in what works for you. However, we are all suspicious as to why a trader wants to block a car or trade it on, so we pass up on it thinking we will be into it for buckets when in reality there is not much wrong with it. I am sure I have turned down many a profit opportunity because of this :lol:

6 minutes ago, L-P said:

The thing is, we all take in good part exchanges that maybe don't fit the stock profile for whatever reason, and you just want your money back so that you can reinvest in what works for you. However, we are all suspicious as to why a trader wants to block a car or trade it on, so we pass up on it thinking we will be into it for buckets when in reality there is not much wrong with it. I am sure I have turned down many a profit opportunity because of this :lol:

What you have missed out....traders don’t like giving other traders profit !

• Like 1

I would agree that in the vast majority of cases, they are indeed fucked!! 

I wouldn’t even look at the private entry/local trader section. We all know they make f.a. money hemce we all know the only reason for the local traders to enter a car is cos it’s that shagged it’s beyond help.

• Like 1

Local to you is newark auctions. But dont expect a fantastic return on it. Same concerns over a car with a 'trade to trade ' tag.

• Like 1