Tony911

Refunding customer

2 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Nope. Maybe we should start!  Bca and manheim have extortionate fees

I don't think that's what Stalker meant, I think he meant a local auction as in a small one, full of privates and iffy traders who buy and sell any old shite 

12 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Nope. Maybe we should start!  Bca and manheim have extortionate fees

Everything is negotiable, there must be a smaller independent auction. We would make it presentable and bang it in our local auction (Wilson’s) be sensible with your reserve. 

1 minute ago, Stalker said:

Everything is negotiable, there must be a smaller independent auction. We would make it presentable and bang it in our local auction (Wilson’s) be sensible with your reserve. 

True. Will put it in independent auction come new year full of beginners 

8 hours ago, Tony911 said:

Yeah was going fine until this prick showed up. From your experience do you think I should refund £2k and tell them to keep the car and get on with it? 

You give cars for free? I wont mind one.

What I mean is if you do this then he'll get his mates to do the same...

And when will you call it a day? :lol:

As Arfur says stick your ground. Because if you dont know you will seem like a walk over

If it owes you nothing EBay it, brutal ad SOR, with a £100 start and let some tit bid stupid on it.

I agree with the above comments, a shitter SOR'd at £1500 will be interpreted as manipulating SOR Rules if it all goes Pete Tong ;)

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

If it owes you nothing EBay it, brutal ad SOR, with a £100 start and let some tit bid stupid on it.

I agree with the above comments, a shitter SOR'd at £1500 will be interpreted as manipulating SOR Rules if it all goes Pete Tong ;)

To be honest we have had 3 calls on the toureg today and they all from France! Export parts 

17 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

To be honest we have had 3 calls on the toureg today and they all from France! Export parts 

At the end of the day, it’s down to everyone’s own perception of risk vs reward. The chances of TS catching up with you and then actually taking you to task over advertising cars SOR when they are also advertised at retail money, is slim I expect. The risk is small. The reward is, more money from sensible customers who are either repairing the car or taking it abroad so don’t care about if its roadworthy. 

But if, IF trading standards did decide to take you to task i’d imagine it would be excruciatingly painful. 

I think as a trader you either retail these types of car, write an honest advert and sell to sensible customers, whilst knowing you are still running the risk they will turn into a screamer. Or you sell it as a proper SOR, for SOR money and sleep at night. 

As I said, it’s all down to our own perceived risk vs reward. 

We put a honest description of the car sor clearly state on invoice and hope we don't end up with a cock like we dealing with at the moment. Some px cars are perfectly fine to sell at retail price but we just don't take the risk as most tradings are put in to the trade because they have faults. 

Sorry but why would any dealer want to sell a car with a known fault to a retail customer,it gets worse when said customer comes from outer mongoliar and intends driving it home to  with only glass  beads to support him if anything goes pop. I'm sure car auctions were invented for such hand grenades with the pin out,,   

Just say............

You are right boring dave will all be going auction come new year. Sick of people ringing up who can just about say hello in English trying to ask what is last price when they are always about £1000 under book value except the real cheapies. 

You could always fix them and sell them? Controversial I know and call me old fashioned but I consider mechanical recon as part of being a trader! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, EPV said:

You could always fix them and sell them? Controversial I know and call me old fashioned but I consider mechanical recon as part of being a trader! 

Yes been down that route but this vw toureg just dont want to fix her up as we know and im sure few others will agree they are nothing but trouble, never bought 1 just came in as a trade in and want rid. 

31 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

kesh price boss

£1200 kesh lol

Edited by Tony911

There’s nowt wrong with a trader selling a car as Spares/Repairs. Advertise it right, tell the punters STRAIGHT, get them to sign away their life & then that’s the end of them. 

7 minutes ago, BHM said:

There’s nowt wrong with a trader selling a car as Spares/Repairs. Advertise it right, tell the punters STRAIGHT, get them to sign away their life & then that’s the end of them. 

No there isn’t but there is plenty wrong with trying to negate a punters rights and selling a retail car as SOR is a very obvious way to do that. It doesn’t matter to me you understand, it matters to the authorities. 

2 hours ago, EPV said:

No there isn’t but there is plenty wrong with trying to negate a punters rights and selling a retail car as SOR is a very obvious way to do that. It doesn’t matter to me you understand, it matters to the authorities. 

We just wish people would read the adverts before calling as you have to explain it to them and they be like oh ok i will leave it not want i want. Foookin read advert before getting a boner

On 23/12/2018 at 11:51 AM, EPV said:

But if, IF trading standards did decide to take you to task i’d imagine it would be excruciatingly painful. 

I read this a little earlier : https://www.am-online.com/news/dealer-news/2018/12/24/unlawful-lancashire-car-dealers-told-repay-thousands-or-be-jailed?utm_campaign=24_12_2018_AM_daily_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=AM%20-%20Newsletter%20-%20Daily&utm_source=adestra&utm_term=Unlawful%20Lancashire%20car%20dealers%20told%20repay%20thousands%20or%20be%20jailed&gutid=29700

Make of it what you will, although the issue of SOR on the invoice seemed to carry no weight.

1 minute ago, Tim H said:

Well it wouldn’t do, if it was obvious from the advert and price paid than it was a retail car. 

In any case, the correct invoice is as AD suggested above, properly worded etc. 

20 minutes ago, trade vet said:

So it is a criminal offence !

Sounds as if every car they sold was as sor but retailing as quality cars big difference i think

“Mubasshar Azam and Amar Ahmed .........which traded as .............. Peter Ashton Motors in Preston.”

Enough said.

37 minutes ago, BHM said:

“Mubasshar Azam and Amar Ahmed .........which traded as .............. Peter Ashton Motors in Preston.”

Enough said.

It’s not even an anagram :D

38 minutes ago, Stalker said:

38 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Hahaha 

Fookit im a bit merry good night merry Christmas 

Hi, sent letter via recorded delivery to customer asking for return of vehicle and this morning recieved a text from him saying not to contact him again as all letters will not be read and he is changing his phone number and he is putting in a claim for £3700 up from £2100 and extra claim for his witnesses. What is the call of action?