Tony911

Refunding customer

19 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Hi, sent letter via recorded delivery to customer asking for return of vehicle and this morning recieved a text from him saying not to contact him again as all letters will not be read and he is changing his phone number and he is putting in a claim for £3700 up from £2100 and extra claim for his witnesses. What is the call of action? 

Go round his house and poke the prick in the eye with a stick .

Ask him exactly what drugs he is on ????????????????

Seriously, tho, just ignore the tit for now, and see whether you get anything that remotely resembles official paperwork, if you get any more stupid Letters / Emails / Texts ignore him, or do as Jack Regan suggested, but I'd prefer a Baseball Bat over a Stick ;)

You have done what you need to, you have requested return of the vehicle for inspection............... Do no more ;)

HTH

Going to just ignore him. We also wrote to the court beginning of December explaining we had been to collect the car and key was lost. Garage agreed to deliver the car back to us at their cost and when they arranged delivery and key for the vehicle we told them we will be having it inspected before any money is paid but we was told by the customer we can not start the car never mind inspect it and this has led to a situation where customer won't be getting any money back. What more can we do we ask the courts. Was that a good idea writing to the courts or a bad 1?

I don’t think writing to the courts is a bad thing, just make sure you keep all the evidence. 

Unfortunately I think this will go to court. You just need to make sure you are seen to be doing the right thing, and you can prove it. 

I.e offered him the money back following an inspection etc. He is the one being unreasonable not you. The judge won’t care who replied to who or who hasn’t read letters etc. The judge will just look at the facts. You have offered a refund, however following a suspicious set of events you want an inspection first. That’s perfectly reasonable. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

I.e offered him the money back following an inspection etc. He is the one being unreasonable not you. The judge won’t care who replied to who or who hasn’t read letters etc. The judge will just look at the facts. You have offered a refund, however following a suspicious set of events you want an inspection first. That’s perfectly reasonable. 

Judge will throw him out.

Been to magistrates court last month infront of a district judge for a council matter.

The judge was very fair to both parties. The landlord took the piss and finally pleaded.

Lot of people are scared of courts and lots of people threaten others by mentioning "take you to court"

Just now, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Judge will throw him out.

Been to magistrates court last month infront of a district judge for a council matter.

The judge was very fair to both parties. The landlord took the piss and finally pleaded.

Lot of people are scared of courts and lots of people threaten others by mentioning "take you to court"

Just to add this matter was going to the courts before court date we went to collect the car and refund the money with no luck as garage lost the key. Few days later we recieved letter from courts stating case has been struck out then a couple of weeks later another letter from court stating that the application to reinstate the case has been rejected so no more case. He is threatening a new case now gone up from £2100 to £3700

1 minute ago, Tony911 said:

Just to add this matter was going to the courts before court date we went to collect the car and refund the money with no luck as garage lost the key. Few days later we recieved letter from courts stating case has been struck out then a couple of weeks later another letter from court stating that the application to reinstate the case has been rejected so no more case. He is threatening a new case now gone up from £2100 to £3700

Well you got nothing to worry about. He's having you for a laugh. 

What's he going to do? Seek advice from counsel? "Oh matey pull out £300". The counsel may then say you got a case. But when counsel knows the full facts and you present these the counsel will advice him to withdraw. This is what happened in our council case and the landlord was adamant she was not in the wrong! Total waste of a day it was. 

I was typing the below in the edit of my post but you posted before i completed it so here goes :lol:

PS the judge will look at the god damn facts i assure you ! And he will even say "failure to allow an inspection of the vehicle it is reasonable to suggest it may have been tampered with by either removing working parts and replacing them with non working parts or the vehicle was intentionally damaged meaning it's no longer in a state it was sold in. For these reasons the case is dismissed" 

Have an odd one ongoing.  We don’t normally sell out of manufacturers warranty but made an exception for a decent 15 plate Volvo XC60 with 50k, full Volvo history.  

Sold to a guy from Cornwall, the day after taking it says the collision warning auto brake system does not seem to work as he can get right up to the car in front in traffic.  Offered him to take it to Volvo which he said he will book in over the new year.

Have had a long e-mail today with a list of “faults” including sat nav maps out of date, gearbox holds low gears when accelerating hard, auto wipers slow to detect rain, wheel wobble at 80mph+, poor DAB reception, central locking noisy.

I don’t think any of these would be addressed by a normal warranty company but I have e-mailed him to ask him to book into Volvo to check all the faults and come back to us.

Hopefully they will give him he correct answers.

re my previous post page 3 ? 

he has already refused to pay hearing fee of £170 / struck out/ reapplied / struck out...

He paid £115 to start the original claim......

If hes not paid the hearing fee then we quite clearly take for granted hes not receiving help with the fees.

SO

He has increased the size of the  claim [ £3700]

To start the the claim will now be £205

the hearing fee will be £335

do you really think he will go ahead ? because i do not, and he is telling you this by "text" on a sunday morning ?  :wacko:

mans a fool 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Contracts said:

Have an odd one ongoing.  We don’t normally sell out of manufacturers warranty but made an exception for a decent 15 plate Volvo XC60 with 50k, full Volvo history.  

Sold to a guy from Cornwall, the day after taking it says the collision warning auto brake system does not seem to work as he can get right up to the car in front in traffic.  Offered him to take it to Volvo which he said he will book in over the new year.

Have had a long e-mail today with a list of “faults” including sat nav maps out of date, gearbox holds low gears when accelerating hard, auto wipers slow to detect rain, wheel wobble at 80mph+, poor DAB reception, central locking noisy.

I don’t think any of these would be addressed by a normal warranty company but I have e-mailed him to ask him to book into Volvo to check all the faults and come back to us.

I don’t think that auto brake worked out of the factory. The rest of it, aside the wheel wobble - balancing maybe - is just how it is. Fussy twat.

Edit: I only watched half of that video and it does work at the end... Jesus! 

Edited by Mojo121

Imagine buying a TV from somewhere like Curry’s, then taking it back with sellotape over the top and demanding a refund, but they’re not allowed to look inside the box until you’ve got your money back and left. 

Can you imagine that working? No different to what’s happening here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Contracts said:

That’s a proper tale of buyers remorse! Some people are such drips - hopefully Volvo are helpful and don’t give you the normal ‘health check’ drama’s of half worn brakes being dangerous etc 

1 hour ago, Del Boy said:

Imagine buying a TV from somewhere like Curry’s, then taking it back with sellotape over the top and demanding a refund, but they’re not allowed to look inside the box until you’ve got your money back and left. 

Can you imagine that working? No different to what’s happening here. 

Very well put. 

13 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Very well put. 

I'm sorry but who in their right mind would buy from currys

3 hours ago, Contracts said:

The accident thing can work in the accident itself... Trust me it will work. 

I was given a courtesy car recently some Mitsubishi and twice some car got close....it went bleep bleep bleep BAM! It's like the handbrake came on and car went to standstill and i got whiplash. Fact is it was over sensitive the cars were too far imo.

The way your billy is trying it it wont work.. Driving it at 5mph and gets too close... That's like parking a car and when you park it do you expect it to activate each time? :huh:

There's only one way to really try it... Drive above 30mph and drive in to some cones....without being a pussy and braking.. And believe me it will go to standstill at 30mph... I was shocked twice when it happened i was like what the?!

The thing with these  adas systems is you are depending on them being set up correctly,how many bodyshops have the equipment,not many is the answer,I think its autowindscreens that have the most,its about three grand to buy the gear but that's where it begins,most cameras are behind bits of car that easily get damaged by everyday driving

We just going to crack on with things forget the idiot looking forward to the new year as this month has been crap

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

We just going to crack on with things forget the idiot looking forward to the new year as this month has been crap

Yes it is what I would do too

56 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

My motto for everything or every hardship is "we got a roof we got food and at least we're not going through rubble and wondering if our kids have been shot like in Iraq Afghanistan and everywhere else"

When i think this i dont give a flying monkeys about someone shouting screaming at me or threatening court action or some daft parking ticket.

Always think of the worst of the worst situation Tone!

Here's to a happy new year !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, boring dave said:

I'm sorry but who in their right mind would buy from currys

You’ve not understood the point made. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tony911 said:

You done everything you can. 

20 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

I don’t think that auto brake worked out of the factory. The rest of it, aside the wheel wobble - balancing maybe - is just how it is. Fussy twat.

That is exactly what I was going to say, word for word, I had an ex demo 2018 Cross Country Estate and I used it for a long journey this year (July 2018), around 2000 miles racked up in a few days of all different roads and traffic scenarios.

Apart from the Maps Update and Vibration at 80 mph it was exactly like that, the guy who programmed them was probably the same wanker that programmed the Grand Picasso, that's another pile of shit to drive in the real world :(

As for that braking actually working, it depends, big vehicles and certain colours, like Red Sprinters f.e. it simply does not see them, I am absolutely convinced it would have hit them, when coming up behind them at around 50 - 60 mph, it did not brake full stop, I had to absolutely smash the brake pedal when down to the last 6ft or so, conversely, at slower speeds it will be well back from a small light coloured car at 30 mph rolling traffic and then smash it's own brakes on when there is no need, full on application of pre safe belts, whiplash the works :(

The twat who programmed it is a fucking moron who should have been sacked when Electronic Ignitions first came out !! :lol:

The Mercedes system actually work flawlessly, it is almost like you are driving it yourself :)

• Like 1

Consumer Rights says fit for purpose. You must have the opportunity to repair the car before a refund. At least, that's the way i have always known it to be.