Sign in to follow this  
ExCouncilJobsworth

Accident values and BCA site luck

Going to try to cover 2 topics in one thread...

I have ever bought 2 cars from BCA Preston and have struggled to sell both.

One didn't sell for a month and i was driving and a milf went into it writing it off! But what accident value can you expect from the insurers? Would it be trade in value or retail or private sale value?

BCA Walsall seems to be my second bad luck site. Bedford, Newcastle, Leeds and Nottm cars always sell quick.

Anyone else experience this?

Edited by ExCouncilJobsworth
  • Like 1

Written off by a MILF :D:D Did she write it off while doing the ?????? :o deed :) 

How in gods name can buying a car from  different auctions sell differently ? :huh: Must be different cars surely :unsure:

You bought a write off from BCA was it declared as such , if not you can chuck it back as that's what the indemnity charge is for .

Insurance write offs on most trade policies are trade money back if accident damaged to write off , But I have had retail for one my wife was driving in a No fault accident situation too . 

Sorry just imagining a MILF crashing a car while er doing the :)  errrrr mmmmmm you know :o:o I spilt my tea now LOL 

Edited by David Horgan

Sorry i should have elaborated better.

It was a clean car from BCA Preston and a month or so after i had it on sale with little interest i was driving and a milf drove into me...

So even if it's at third party fault they would give you trade value? 

Can you not do a loss of income? Ie the retail value?

Will be in your policy somewhere for a guess where it explains its trade , depends too what valuation system they use , Some Glasses Some CAP so it can be wild either side of good or bad really . 

My wife was involved in RTA , not her fault and we Got Retail money for that , but a friend of mone had a no fault RTA last week and got Glasses Trade plus £700 after the ensuing argument on the phone . 

Haven't heard of loss of retail income claim , so cant say on that .

Did you get the MILF's name :) No don't go there :rolleyes:

For non fault accidents the other insurer will pay you “market” value. You negotiate with them and try and get dealer retail if possible. 

For fault accidents your own trade insurer will only pay trade price which again is negotiable but usually they will want auction invoices and will pay out that value IF it’s similar to the Cap trade guide. This could seriously leave you out of pocket on a car that had a lot of work done to it. 

Cars for auction centres starting with the letter B sell fastest for me :-)))

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

For non fault accidents the other insurer will pay you “market” value. You negotiate with them and try and get dealer retail if possible. 

For fault accidents your own trade insurer will only pay trade price which again is negotiable but usually they will want auction invoices and will pay out that value IF it’s similar to the Cap trade guide. This could seriously leave you out of pocket on a car that had a lot of work done to it. 

Cars for auction centres starting with the letter B sell fastest for me :-)))

19 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Cheers Sir Nick

Blacksbushe is far for me. 

Bedford - yep sold it in a day. Same car from Preston but better spec with an extra 40k miles from Preston and am struggling lol

39 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Will be in your policy somewhere for a guess where it explains its trade , depends too what valuation system they use , Some Glasses Some CAP so it can be wild either side of good or bad really . 

My wife was involved in RTA , not her fault and we Got Retail money for that , but a friend of mone had a no fault RTA last week and got Glasses Trade plus £700 after the ensuing argument on the phone . 

Haven't heard of loss of retail income claim , so cant say on that .

Did you get the MILF's name :) No don't go there :rolleyes:

Lol she wasn't a looker. The dopey weird type..  Gone soft now?  :lol:

• Like 1

We all have our least favourite auctions.I live in Newcastle but I have never done well at our local auctions.I have bought from many auctions from far and wide but I was never able to penetrate that Yorkie closed shop called Brighouse.Whatever you bought they always seemed to want a lot more money......years later I found out why,but in Yorkie speak ‘am saying nowt’.

Our insurer pays out invoice cost plus delivery to site. If a customer has paid a deposit and are awaiting collection they pay out our retail invoice price.

5 minutes ago, trade vet said:

We all have our least favourite auctions.I live in Newcastle but I have never done well at our local auctions.I have bought from many auctions from far and wide but I was never able to penetrate that Yorkie closed shop called Brighouse.Whatever you bought they always seemed to want a lot more money......years later I found out why,but in Yorkie speak ‘am saying nowt’.

Do spill..

My wife's CRV was written off a couple of weeks ago , stock car , in trade , taxed on direct debit .

I'm insured with NIG and they were very specific that trade policies pay out trade . Liability makes no difference apart from your excess . To be fair they paid quickly and cap clean , owned the car 6 months and still made a couple of hundred...

Strong car that CRV , front end torn off and the cabin was like a bouncy castle inside with all the airbags !

8 minutes ago, Anglo9 said:

My wife's CRV was written off a couple of weeks ago , stock car , in trade , taxed on direct debit .

I'm insured with NIG and they were very specific that trade policies pay out trade . Liability makes no difference apart from your excess . To be fair they paid quickly and cap clean , owned the car 6 months and still made a couple of hundred...

Strong car that CRV , front end torn off and the cabin was like a bouncy castle inside with all the airbags !

You did well,NIG are part of Direct Line.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

I have bought from many auctions from far and wide but I was never able to penetrate that Yorkie closed shop called Brighouse.Whatever you bought they always seemed to want a lot more money......years later I found out why,but in Yorkie speak ‘am saying nowt’.

Just watching Brighouse online,  it was clear a few of the favourites were old boys standing at the front

51 minutes ago, Anglo9 said:

Did you not go directly to third party's insurance?

I think it's better to do that. You get treated with more royalty well if third party admit liability.

I find it much better that way rather than jump through the hoops of your own insurance company and repeat it twenty times over because it's passed from jobsworth to jobsworth in different teams :lol:

A while back a friend and occasional doorstepper ( with a trade ins policy) was hit from behind and his Gumtree worthy X5 was written off.He wasn’t getting anywhere with the claim so he went to the local no fault accident claims people.The next thing is he is given  a new Range Rover hire car as a courtesy vehicle and doing what he is told,he is seeing medics about whiplash.Sometime later when the costs of the claim had escalated and he had no idea what was going on,he is summonsed to appear in court about the claim.The huge claim was subsequently settled by his claims people at a vastly reduced amount on the court steps.The claims people must have not declared it as a trade policy and got found out !

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

A while back a friend and occasional doorstepper ( with a trade ins policy) was hit from behind and his Gumtree worthy X5 was written off.He wasn’t getting anywhere with the claim so he went to the local no fault accident claims people.The next thing is he is given  a new Range Rover hire car as a courtesy vehicle and doing what he is told,he is seeing medics about whiplash.Sometime later when the costs of the claim had escalated and he had no idea what was going on,he is summonsed to appear in court about the claim.The huge claim was subsequently settled by his claims people at a vastly reduced amount on the court steps.The claims people must have not declared it as a trade policy and got found out !

I don't think it would have haf anything to do with it being a trade policy. 

In the same situation a billy could be test driving the same X5 with his wife and 3 kids. All suffered whiplash. They would get whiplash claim and the dealer would get his car value. 

The issue your mate probably had the dodgy claims people probably put in for hundreds of pounds worth storage per day for donkey weeks. Then they would have claimed whiplash for people that weren't in the car (the third party and other evidence probably proved the lies). Then mr agent would have claimed extortionate claim handling fees :lol:

They're the ones that messed up insurance cost for the rest of us!

What happens if you have spent a fair amount on prep? Are you just expected to swallow that by taking invoice price plus delivery?

Yes. You can negotiate a bit but the trade insurers stipulate that teade is all they pay. They obviously don’t have an idea how much the average auction-bought used car needs spending on it sometimes.

7 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

I don't think it would have haf anything to do with it being a trade policy. 

In the same situation a billy could be test driving the same X5 with his wife and 3 kids. All suffered whiplash. They would get whiplash claim and the dealer would get his car value. 

The issue your mate probably had the dodgy claims people probably put in for hundreds of pounds worth storage per day for donkey weeks. Then they would have claimed whiplash for people that weren't in the car (the third party and other evidence probably proved the lies). Then mr agent would have claimed extortionate claim handling fees :lol:

They're the ones that messed up insurance cost for the rest of us!

I don’t think the insurance company would have agreed to a Range Rover hirecar as a courtesy car at £800 p/w if they had known it was a traders policy. But you are right,it is outrageous what goes on.I think he got £4000 back for his X5 and it appeared that the claims people were trying to get a lot more.