Sign in to follow this  
Mojo121

BCA fees

6 minutes ago, BHM said:

If I’m reincarnated I’ll open my own auction house.

And I will re-invent webuyanycar.whatever and sell it to you for 250 million :-)

5 hours ago, Lakeside said:

When we first got our trade card we asked bca if they could give us a list of buyers fees between levels of cards and they refused. All they said to us was “the more you spend the more you save”

When we asked about the fees at BCA, the lady showed us and told us we couldn't have a copy.... But we asked nicely if she wouldn't mind grabbing a catalogue from the next counter - Obvious Wink Wink - so we snapped a picture... Which we still have of course...

I think that was April/May 2017 - Has there been a hike since then?

We used to buy soley from BCA and Manheim - we're only small and still paid them over £10k in our first year... Crazy

7 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

on BCA Gold: 

£327 on £13800 for example and £384 on £18000. On the £18K car it is actually £320 + VAT on the invoice as the car was VAT Qualifying. Very reasonable comparing it to £2K cars!

£316 On Platinum Nick for £13500 Good discount isn't for over 100 cars a rolling year :( saves me shoe wear though at most places with parking on site :)and half price food :rolleyes: Less assured report savings of £8 i think and online fees at £44 so its better than some :rolleyes: .

Means to an end though isn't it if you want specific stock types , Auctions are for the Brave now its no longer a place to send the untrained buyer . Lots to be earned for the brave , trained dedicated knowledgeable buyer , but lots to be lost if the auction understanding isn't in the buyers way of thinking , Seen some buyers make huge mistakes , it makes your eyes water at times , 

54 minutes ago, met said:

Yes, I've always thought the online fee thing is strange. They are charging you for saving them money?

We should get BBC panorama or whatever other rip off programmes are on telly involved.

As retailers elsewhere give discount for online sales.

31 minutes ago, BHM said:

I remember years ago when manheim introduced online buying. I think it was at Knottingley (a smaller auction if you don’t know it), but wherever it was, the online was being trialled.

I honestly overheard the ‘I.T. woman’ say something along the lines of “We’ll introduce a charge cos they’re in the comfort of their home & we’ll get away with an additional fee” - I remember looking at another trader :rolleyes:. Anyway I don’t know which auction house introduced online bidding, or fees, first but that’s the attitude & tbh they do get away with it.

If I’m reincarnated I’ll open my own auction house.

We're taking a bigger risk with online purchases we don't get to inspect.

When you challenge the jobsworth behind the counter (especially about the fees) they say "the rules are set by the bosses Im only doing my job"

Well if enough of you moaned that you get challenged by customers managers will sort it. 

What tickles my sausage is ASTON BARCLAY have the cheek to charge their fees but don't advertise that they do not include rust in their condition reports!!! 

50 minutes ago, MrV said:

What tickles my sausage is ASTON BARCLAY have the cheek to charge their fees but don't advertise that they do not include rust in their condition reports!!! 

Have you actually gone to any auctions yet Ben? 

12 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Have you actually gone to any auctions yet Ben? 

Once in Leeds

3 hours ago, MrV said:

Once in Leeds

who wants to sniff the snot of the  proletariat?

much easier clicking ones mouse while holding the worry beads:lol:

20 minutes ago, boring dave said:

who wants to sniff the snot of the  proletariat?

much easier clicking ones mouse while holding the worry beads:lol:

Certainly not me :D