EPV

Awards

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

I hope they do,however having looked at the nominations,it is evident that a few of them ( including the judges) have not considered their bottom line. One or two appear to me to be technically insolvent.

However the guy running Yorkshire Vehicle Solutions must be some player,he definateley knows what he is doing considering they don’t appear to have been established that long.Congratulations to him ( and the guys on here)

If you want an award,I still say,just do your own.I have done it,I had a big banner with a rosette on our big wall.It was there for years,no one ever queried it.

I can’t see a photo of a rosette having the same impact on the media obsessed publi as a photo with an automotive celebrity. Call me a pessimist old fucker if you must. 

18 minutes ago, EPV said:

I can’t see a photo of a rosette having the same impact on the media obsessed publi as a photo with an automotive celebrity. Call me a pessimist old fucker if you must. 

You are right,your award is genuine.What we had was a big banner up on the warehouse wall back in 04,claiming we had been awarded some fair dealer award.If I did that now I think I would get an image generated of the staff collecting the award from some tabloid celebrity impersonator at the Albert Hall.I would then have the trophy and the photo displayed in the office.

All harmless bullshit.

It’s really not about the award. I’ve lamented the point what it is about. 

10 hours ago, EPV said:

I’ve lamented the point what it is about. 

"Presentation... not the work, not the work"

5 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

"Presentation... not the work, not the work"

10 hours ago, EPV said:

It’s really not about the award. I’ve lamented the point what it is about. 

I agree the award is bullshit,it is about ‘punter credibility’ and I am sure you will make good use of it.When we supplied cars for a Bond movie ,we made sure the story was prominently displayed in our advertising.

I just think the judges might take a little bit more care in future when vetting one or two of the nominations.

27 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I agree the award is bullshit,it is about ‘punter credibility’ and I am sure you will make good use of it.When we supplied cars for a Bond movie ,we made sure the story was prominently displayed in our advertising.

I just think the judges might take a little bit more care in future when vetting one or two of the nominations.

Well, I see what you are saying but I'm not sure how much credibility there is to be found in bottom lines when the awards are essentially geared towards how quickly a dealership answer the phone, how easy to use their websites are, how they handle your enquiry and what their reviews are like on the internet. That's mainly the criteria for these awards, I don't think the general public  (those who might look at a company with an award and take comfort in that fact) would care about whether the dealership is profitable or treading water.

2 hours ago, EPV said:

Well, I see what you are saying but I'm not sure how much credibility there is to be found in bottom lines when the awards are essentially geared towards how quickly a dealership answer the phone, how easy to use their websites are, how they handle your enquiry and what their reviews are like on the internet. That's mainly the criteria for these awards, I don't think the general public  (those who might look at a company with an award and take comfort in that fact) would care about whether the dealership is profitable or treading water.

Granted,but if some dealer goes ‘tits up’ having received an award (which they have milked ) and then not paid off p/x finance settlements etc.Those punters would be very unhappy.......Anyway it was only one or two I am on about.

51 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Granted,but if some dealer goes ‘tits up’ having received an award (which they have milked ) and then not paid off p/x finance settlements etc.Those punters would be very unhappy.......Anyway it was only one or two I am on about.

One of them now runs business coaching events ffs. 

Congrats Rory, very well done Sir. Everyone would love an award and the kudos it gives you with customers, so hats off to everyone. Am looking at entering for one of these next year if possible, always been a bit reticent about blowing our own trumpet but Rory's correct, you've got to be in it to win it, and my service team really deserve a shout out

There's another one coming up, the auto industry excellence awards - does anyone know anything about it? are they worth entering? I think a lady from there rang a few weeks ago to ask us to enter but it sounded expensive?

and any idea how to enter the autotrader awards? is this worth winning do you think?

Advice very welcome gentleman

27 minutes ago, RH Trading said:

Congrats Rory, very well done Sir. Everyone would love an award and the kudos it gives you with customers, so hats off to everyone. Am looking at entering for one of these next year if possible, always been a bit reticent about blowing our own trumpet but Rory's correct, you've got to be in it to win it, and my service team really deserve a shout out

There's another one coming up, the auto industry excellence awards - does anyone know anything about it? are they worth entering? I think a lady from there rang a few weeks ago to ask us to enter but it sounded expensive?

and any idea how to enter the autotrader awards? is this worth winning do you think?

The AIEA are in March next year, they are one of the cheaper awards to attend, as the Cardealer Magazine ( November )  and Motor Trader Magazine ( June ) awards are much more expensive, almost double. Autotrader ( June ) is free ( about the only thing that is! ) but you have to be selected by them for most of the awards, based on your reviews, response rates etc.., you can apply for a few of theirs from memory, but they're odd catagories. Its good to enter these things in my opinion. Its been a massive help to us on social media and also cementing to our customers that even little old us can win awards.

31 minutes ago, RH Trading said:

Details here to Auto Excellence Awards : http://www.autoindustryawards.co.uk/

http://www.autoindustryawards.co.uk/award-categories

Think with AT They choose I from they platform who performs best from what I understand i.e. stock turn etc etc. Never seen it myself where dealers actually apply, but I could be wrong! 

Good luck 

3 hours ago, Mat C said:

The AIEA are in March next year, they are one of the cheaper awards to attend, as the Cardealer Magazine ( November )  and Motor Trader Magazine ( June ) awards are much more expensive, almost double. Autotrader ( June ) is free ( about the only thing that is! ) but you have to be selected by them for most of the awards, based on your reviews, response rates etc.., you can apply for a few of theirs from memory, but they're odd catagories. Its good to enter these things in my opinion. Its been a massive help to us on social media and also cementing to our customers that even little old us can win awards.

Am I reading this right,you have to pay a fee to be nominated for these awards ?

27 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Am I reading this right,you have to pay a fee to be nominated for these awards ?

No, you have to nominate yourself for a category(s) and then you’re mystery shopped / checked and then you’re told if you’re shortlisted for the finals. If you want to attend the finals you have to buy a ticket. Or get invited by one of your suppliers / partners. i.e black horse had 2 tables at the awards the other night. ( I had 2 seats! )  

33 minutes ago, Mat C said:

No, you have to nominate yourself for a category(s) and then you’re mystery shopped / checked and then you’re told if you’re shortlisted for the finals. If you want to attend the finals you have to buy a ticket. Or get invited by one of your suppliers / partners. i.e black horse had 2 tables at the awards the other night. ( I had 2 seats! )  

Thank you,I get it.