Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Autotrader double up offer

Do you make use of this offer ? I always try too because it makes sense. My package with AT is 11+2, but I currently have 17 on AT with another 6 to go on. The additional cars will be free from Dec 1st. The more cars you have the more cars you sell.... 

We dont get full benefit but we can advertise everything that’s due in and can avoid rotating a few off as we normally do.

think we are 28 and 4 bargain cars 

I have stocked up in anticipation and will advertise 17 cars instead of 13. 

In addition I advertise SOLD cars in the empty advert slots. Some of the SOLD I will utilise to full effect to also "manipulate" AT's price indicators. 

• Like 1

Currently building up stock to take full advantage, I am on 12 +2 package so looking to get up to 24 prime units.

It's not often you get much from AT so try and utilise it to full effect. 23 plus 4 cheapy slots for us normally so the extra "free" ads certainly help at what is a difficult time of the year. 

Always managed without AT but it’s been a little slower this year as a whole so decided to bite the bullet! Tried all the rest and in all honesty probably spent just as much guessing elsewhere.

We have 20ish in stock, have taken out 5+1 so doubled up we have 12 spaces, just rotate the stock and push the £99 a month motors on Facebook which works great for us. 

Only been on 2 weeks and not overwhelmed by responses but to be fair it’s november and it’s only been 2 weeks....

Yep, we vary our package all year and downsize a bit in Oct/Nov ready for the double bubble in Dec. 55 listed at the moment and the offer means everything can go on which helps.

Currently trying to buy just about everywhere we can but it's not easy. I think everything we had marked down at BCA today made retail minus £200 - £300 unless it was smoking/battered, our stock will look good value once all the overpriced stuff starts hitting the forecourts.

We decided not to use AT initially but with the double up coming up I've bit the bullet and decided to go with a 5+1 for now. For the offer period we'll utilise 10+2 and see how we get on.

49 minutes ago, RJEauto said:

We decided not to use AT initially

I think you'll get on really well compared to not having it. 

As an advertiser they are so effective (provided you use them correctly) that I see little point saving that money. Buying is consistently switching to online in many sectors and a web site, Google and a couple of badly performing cheap advertisers will not offer enough national exposure for your stock. 

If your contracted stock is 10+2 will I end up with 20+2?

i thought it was the main contracted stock that was doubled (the 10)

1 hour ago, justlooking said:

If your contracted stock is 10+2 will I end up with 20+2?

i thought it was the main contracted stock that was doubled (the 10)

Yes, apologies, typo on my comment above. As far as I am aware,  only your contracted stock is doubled

-kelly-

11 hours ago, RJEauto said:

Yes, apologies, typo on my comment above. As far as I am aware,  only your contracted stock is doubled

-kelly-

Thank you Kelly

10 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Your + whatever is NOT doubled up.

My 5+2 will go to a total of 12

Thanks Mark

On 26/11/2018 at 9:43 PM, grant8064 said:

Currently trying to buy just about everywhere we can but it's not easy. 

Same here.

I think the double stock offer is possibly one of the factors driving prices at the moment

Is the double up offer happening?

I've not received anything from AT and there's nothing in my dealer portal about it....

I can try and add another car to see if it works, but don't want to screw up one of the other adverts in case it's not.

10 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Is the double up offer happening?

I've not received anything from AT and there's nothing in my dealer portal about it....

I can try and add another car to see if it works, but don't want to screw up one of the other adverts in case it's not.

Yes went live yesterday late afternoon 

Just now, Dealer said:

Yes went live yesterday late afternoon 

Ok thanks.

Worked for me this morning

I looked at total cars for sale on AT yesterday. Showed 494462 cars for sale

Just checked AT now it's up to 504081

Approx another 10 k cars

9 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Mine went live on thursday afternoon, it just happened.

I had a call from autoraper rep saying it's now live and as we feed via our website and have to tick the boxes to go to various channels eg eBay, motors etc we upped the auto trader ticks from our standard 23 as we don't put all our stock on there. 

1 hour ago, AAM90 said:

Approx another 10 k cars

10 of those are mine. A customer called in the morning on a very low mileage ML350. He was in a huge rush to get here although my advert only went live 2 days ago. He said that so many of my adverts were marked "Thank you, now sold" that he wanted to make sure he arrives early for the ML. Bought it on finance, very decent deal to start December with. 

They've done double up offers for about 13 weeks every year for as long as I can remember, no good to me though as I have all my stock advertised all year long, as I see it if its not online its not for sale but I cant benefit from the offer as I don't have and physically cant stock any more cars. I get it its a great incentive to put more cars on and why wouldn't you as a dealer as it makes your overall package cheaper if you can squeeze an extra 10-12 sales out of it over the period for free its fantastic, January is always a bumper sales time for us so they do it at the right time, just incentivises people who cant benefit from it to keep sold cars on as Nick says above. I did get a sale though yesterday, some enquired about a Qashqui Id sold but kept on the autotrader and managed to switch them into a Juke. swings and roundabouts I suppose

On 26/11/2018 at 6:34 PM, Nick M.K. said:

I have stocked up in anticipation and will advertise 17 cars instead of 13. 

In addition I advertise SOLD cars in the empty advert slots. Some of the SOLD I will utilise to full effect to also "manipulate" AT's price indicators. 

Forgive me for being thick, how can you manipulate the AT price indicators? 

4 minutes ago, Frankieola said:

Forgive me for being thick, how can you manipulate the AT price indicators? 

On sold stock its easy, play around with the price until you get a "Great price" marker - I've found I get more interest on these cars than any other price marker. As Nicks sold the car already it doesn't matter, reflects on all his other cars. its a neat idea