Frankieola

Gumtree and Motors package

Hi All, I know this subject has been done to death many times previously but just wondered what all your thoughts were?

If I'm mainly selling cars under £3000, is the Ebay / Gumtree advertising the route to go?

I've been offered a special "Black Friday" package deal (FFS, whatever next!!) but I'm not relly sure if its that special or not, What are you guys paying if you dont mind me asking?

10 Basic package (plus 3 vehicle overflow)– 3 month subscription - £238+ VAT per month

10 Plus package (plus 3 vehicle overflow)– 3 month subscription - £298+ VAT per month

Sorry guys, This if for Ebay Motors Pro and Gumtree together so the title of the thread should be......

Gumtree and Ebay package!!

Gumtree always was hard work, but they (ebay) seem to be trying to flagship it and they now do things like Autoraper where they do a basic HPi check and it shows on the adverts.

I've always just stayed with ebay Motors Pro and am happy with it- but they've persuaded me to try Gumtree for three months.  So far I've not had any 'best brice M8' idiots and have had a few calls and sensible emails but time will tell.

46 minutes ago, Frankieola said:

Hi All, I know this subject has been done to death many times previously but just wondered what all your thoughts were?

If I'm mainly selling cars under £3000, is the Ebay / Gumtree advertising the route to go?

I've been offered a special "Black Friday" package deal (FFS, whatever next!!) but I'm not relly sure if its that special or not, What are you guys paying if you dont mind me asking?

10 Basic package (plus 3 vehicle overflow)– 3 month subscription - £238+ VAT per month

10 Plus package (plus 3 vehicle overflow)– 3 month subscription - £298+ VAT per month

Sorry guys, This if for Ebay Motors Pro and Gumtree together so the title of the thread should be......

Gumtree and Ebay package!!

That’s interesting,they offered me a deal 2 weeks ago and when I checked up it was only for Ebay and Gumtree,Motors does not kick in until after the new year.So I think I bid them £200 +vat for 20+3 etc and I think they said they would do it for £250+vat. ! I will try and find out what it was.£238+vat for 10+3 is far too much.

£298 plus vat for ten cars is more than there standard pricing ring them up and remind them the definition of a deal 

3 hours ago, tradex said:

Same here, still not interested, waste of time and money 

Thanks for this info, was it a contract for 3 months or longer? 

1 hour ago, Frankieola said:

Thanks for this info, was it a contract for 3 months or longer? 

I have checked and they initially wanted to charge us £278 +vat for 10+3 for 6 month contract for Ebay Motors Pro and Gumtree.

I offered £200+ vat for 3 month contract for 20 +3 for Ebay and Motors and no Gumtree.They said we had to take Gumtree,Motors was a few months away but would do what we were asking for £278 +vat and I said no thank you

We pay 175 plus VAT per month for Ebay Motors Pro for 25, they have tried to get me on Gumtree a few times, I might try Cargurus instead of Ebay when my contract expires. 

Any feed back on Cargurus anyone?

6 hours ago, A & S said:

We pay 175 plus VAT per month for Ebay Motors Pro for 25, they have tried to get me on Gumtree a few times, I might try Cargurus instead of Ebay when my contract expires. 

I think you’ll find this has just increased.

7 minutes ago, tradex said:

Pre gumtree contract? 

Sounds like the same deal I am on, yes pre gumtree. They are currently offering a deal for 35 cars on both gumtree and ebay for 350 plus VAT, is anybody selling cars that are over 4k on Gumtree? I am told it is okay for selling cheapies but not dearer cars?

14 minutes ago, tradex said:

Pre gumtree contract? 

Yes, if you had the old contract so are eligible to continue without Gumtree, then the fee has recently increased to £186.15 + VAT but they increased to 25 cars.

7 hours ago, A & S said:

In my experience I wouldn't do it. I managed to get a free 1 month trial of their top package(not their usual free one) with 35 cars on their site and sold ONE car from it. They were incredibly evasive about price and quite unpleasant to deal with. When the month ended they came and said they had a special deal for me at £495 per month for a six month contract. I just laughed, all he could say was that I hadn't lost money even if I sold one car as this would pay for their adverts????????? Same month I did over 20 from Autotrader though it does cost over £400 a week.

5 minutes ago, stockedup! said:

Sounds like the same deal I am on, yes pre gumtree. They are currently offering a deal for 35 cars on both gumtree and ebay for 350 plus VAT, is anybody selling cars that are over 4k on Gumtree? I am told it is okay for selling cheapies but not dearer cars?

The few times I’ve advertised CARS on there I’ve not had a single call. Even cheapies are no good because if you’ve got a 2008 XYZ at £1000 then there’ll be loads of other 2008 XYZs at £500. Most of them all knackered, abused, 8 owners & f*** all history but they’ll be cheaper - In my experience Gumtree really is the equivalent of a slum car boot sale. 

What it is good for is old household crap. I moved house I had an old cooker, some shit furniture, a scruffy old freezer etc. I priced everything at £20-50, savage advert, just to save a trip to the local tip. The phone nearly melted, although even on this type of item I had people who were ‘furniture tyrekickers’ (whatever you’d call them) & nutters wanting me to do all the work & take them to their house, cash on collection.

1 minute ago, BHM said:

The few times I’ve advertised CARS on there I’ve not had a single call. Even cheapies are no good because if you’ve got a 2008 XYZ at £1000 then there’ll be loads of other 2008 XYZs at £500. Most of them all knackered, abused, 8 owners & f*** all history but they’ll be cheaper - In my experience Gumtree really is the equivalent of a slum car boot sale. 

What it is good for is old household crap. I moved house I had an old cooker, some shit furniture, a scruffy old freezer etc. I priced everything at £20-50, savage advert, just to save a trip to the local tip. The phone nearly melted, although even on this type of item I had people who were ‘furniture tyrekickers’ (whatever you’d call them) & nutters wanting me to do all the work & take them to their house, cash on collection.

Thank you BHM. Yes this is exactly what I thought may be the case. At least with Autotrader people can go and see they are dealing with a proper trader with reviews to back it up. This has made a massive difference to my business this year.

We were on Ebay Motors for a number of years. Good for selling cheapie part ex stuff with declared faults.However very few leads from proper customers.

Contract expired in July they wanted a price increse so we finished it.

Last month Ebay phoned to offer 20 car deal for Ebay and Gumtree at previous price (£175 plus VAT) for 3 months

So we thought give it a go

Results so far......not a single lead from ebay for a retail car but still shifts the sub £1000 shitters

Very doubtful we will renew again

9 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

What's the lowest priced AT package these days? Is it still possible to take a 5 car package?

5+2 deal £450 +vat,about £2 per car per day......Sign up now and they should give you a 10+4 deal for Dec and Jan for the same money.

12 hours ago, trade vet said:

5+2 deal £450 +vat,about £2 per car per day......Sign up now and they should give you a 10+4 deal for Dec and Jan for the same money.

That's for a basic package and the double up excludes the (bonus +) 2, so 12 for the price of 5 (+2).  I also think you've missed the cut off date for the double up.

15 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

That's for a basic package and the double up excludes the (bonus +) 2, so 12 for the price of 5 (+2).  I also think you've missed the cut off date for the double up.

Thank you Mark.However,we do have an email from AT saying we do not have to do anything.We just have to remember to load up the extra stock.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Thank you Mark.However,we do have an email from AT saying we do not have to do anything.We just have to remember to load up the extra stock.

That's right TV - but you had to be on the a package prior to October the something (I think) to qualify but yes, it is an automatic increase.