Sign in to follow this  
Mark101

A Bad Day

9 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

can I ask if any of you still like cars? This job has killed the love of them for me

Proper car dealers don’t like cars.We like buying them ( especially with juice in them) and selling them ( especially the ones that don’t come back ) and nowadays we like making an annual net profit,which sadly very few appear to do.

• Like 1

Nope. I’ve said it on here a few times: for me, the only good car is a sold car.

I’ve tried snapping out of it and trying different cars as they’ve come into stock, but  I don’t see any modern stuff that I like. Just an almost inevitable conclusion of doing the game long term for me. Plus I think about putting the dogs in etc and I only really drive for or to work so is a waste for me.  That and anything German and/or flash will poop itself regularly and the thought of taking the junk to the main dealer makes me shiver as would be a right work up  

(I like and appreciate more a car’s condition and can get mildly excited by a lovely stack of invoices and a full book of main dealer stamps all stamped nice and straight (not smudged)from the same dealer.....god I’m boring myself now...)

Buying right or getting a PX in and doubling up is much more exciting -on the rare occasions it happens.

However, I did see an XC40 on the road the other day and thought it looked different. Do I like that? Hmmmmm... or keep the money... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

can I ask if any of you still like cars? This job has killed the love of them for me

I effing hate them all :lol:

36 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

Would you ask a builder if he still craves a country pile?

I have been in and out of this game for a number of years, done well AND lost everything.  Do I love cars? Yes

Are you really telling me if you won the lottery, a significant car wouldn’t appear somewhere on your list?

Personally speaking (family aside):

Car(s) would be number 2 on my list.

You can probably guess No. 1

29 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Would you ask a builder if he still craves a country pile?

I have been in and out of this game for a number of years, done well AND lost everything.  Do I love cars? Yes

Are you really telling me if you won the lottery, a significant car wouldn’t appear somewhere on your list?

Personally speaking (family aside):

Car(s) would be number 2 on my list.

You can probably guess No. 1

Is it a phone call to everyone you know to proclaim “i’m considerably, richer than yaou”

Just now, EPV said:

Is it a phone call to everyone you know to proclaim “i’m considerably, richer than yaou”

As much as I liked Harry Enfield - there is about 2 people who would know I had won the lottery and one of those would be the dog 

13 hours ago, stockedup! said:

They are a cracking car mate, I love them. A8 also are great value, I always find that I can smoke them for a while and there is always someone(Rig worker or long distance wagon driver)who wants a big lump of flash for not crazy money to drive when they are at home. Correct in saying they aren't great off road though, mind you can always raise the suspension:lol:

I'd have to agree to differ there, S Class is available with 4 Matic (4X4) ;)

I have mates in USA (Snowy Mountain Areas) and in Canada running 4 Matic V8 S Classes, swear by them ;)

As you rightly say you can also raise the Suspension with press of a button.

Yeah it aint a Rangey, or a Hi Lux, nor is it a Suburban or an F250 lol, but as a Snowy Road Car, awesome. If you want a decent 4X4 Off Roader then ML, or a G Wagon :D

Sadly, the Supercharged V8 (mine) was not available with 4 Matic

Yeah, I still love Cars, always have and always will.

Trouble with big flash cars is everybody slates them for being unreliable, they don't look after them properly !!

Main Dealer History means zip, all depends which Tech at which dealer did xyz job, (or more likely didn't) :(

I'd much rather see a Car that had had a couple of Oil Services when new, then been looked after by a good Indie the rest of it's life ;)

Of course, it does help if you actually have a Workshop and can therefore look after them "In House" :D

2 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

If you want a decent 4X4 Off Roader then ML

You've brainwashed yourself there Dave, I don't normally disagree but that is an awful soft roader - G Wagon is good though.

Anyway an update, things are looking up:

BMW is in the garage as we speak - their quick and dirty assessment also points to DMF (but they aren't ruling anything out until a full inspection is performed)

The Polish guy who I thought wasted my time yesterday has just sent a deposit on the BMW

A very keen buyer is coming to look at the Peugeot swapper I took in the other week at 10 am

BCA has already delivered my 3 purchases from last Thursday already - AND they all start.

It's going to be a busy day but a good day :D

13 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

BCA has already delivered my 3 purchases from last Thursday already - AND they all start.

I’ve seen you parking cars up, you will be on till after lunch with those :D

DMFs are mega common and often misdiagnosed as a misfire on these cars. 

14 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Possibly for investment purposes but a car purchase would be at the bottom of my list. 

28 minutes ago, Stalker said:

I’ve seen you parking cars up, you will be on till after lunch with those :D

Ut's my bloody OCD :lol:

49 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

You've brainwashed yourself there Dave, I don't normally disagree but that is an awful soft roader - G Wagon is good though.

I know what you mean lol, I should have said compared to a Discovery / RR, which lets face it, like my V8 AMG ML very rarely goes off road, what do you guys in England say .................

Chelsea Tractor !! Mine is a Heilan Tractor lol. Fuckin good in the "Snice" though ;)

What I'm really saying is ML is much better built than a Disco / RR, and G Wagon, especially an older one, is light years in front of a Defender ;)

55 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Anyway an update, things are looking up:

55 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

It's going to be a busy day but a good day :D

See, you're out of the other side of it now, long may it continue ;) 

Really sunny here too, but bitter cold right now ;)

2 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

See, you're out of the other side of it now, long may it continue ;) 

Second one dealt for the day - subject to finance (pre approved and invoice requested/sent).

I'm back, guess who's back, back again.

As I told you last week mate, ebb and flow. Now you’re on the right AT package you can’t not sell cars! 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

As I told you last week mate, ebb and flow. Now you’re on the right AT package you can’t not sell cars! 

It seems that way mate - struggling to keep at least 12 ready for December - not a bad problem to have.

12 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

/\ /\ /\ LIKE

Glad to here the BMW is sorted ;)

Thanks Dave

Good job well done Mark... Hope you're journey back to Wales is uneventful and you're Dad likes it....

22 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

When you get people saying "Oh nice car", and you're thinking "this pain in the arse?"

5 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Final Result - DMF Locked Solid - now fixed

Thanks Guys

All's well that ends well. Hope your Dad enjoys the car.

2 hours ago, Tim H said:

Good job well done Mark... Hope you're journey back to Wales is uneventful and you're Dad likes it....

Thanks Tim

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Sorry to hear about the bad luck Mark, this job is a rollercoaster  ;)

Cheers Simon - keeps us humble

1 hour ago, tradegirl said:

All's well that ends well. Hope your Dad enjoys the car.

Thanks TG

I will conclude this story tomorrow when all done and dusted.  Probably be something along the lines of my step mother hates it :lol:

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:50 PM, andymc1973 said:

As a young lad I loved cars but now I mainly just like the profit, though you do get the odd one that you think "I'll keep this for a while"....then a punter comes and KERCHING.... dealt!