Sign in to follow this  
P118

Car valeting

This is random but.......

Can anyone recommend decent hoover for valeting cars needs to be able to do wet and dry.

I have been told the Henry George is good?

All help is appreciated :) 

• Like 1

If you want cheap and cheerful - get a Titan from Screwfix - cheap as chips and brilliant

• Like 1

I use a George, get a wet kit only one if you use a separate dry hoover as it is cheaper. They last for years!

1 hour ago, P118 said:

This is random but.......

Can anyone recommend decent hoover for valeting cars needs to be able to do wet and dry.

I have been told the Henry George is good?

All help is appreciated :) 

• Like 1

We've got a couple of VAX 6131.... we keep one set up for wet and the other (obviously!!) for dry... Spares nozzles and the like are easy to get...If you're of mind to shop around you can sometimes get them for sub £100.00 ..

Buy a cotton re-usable bag in place of the paper ones..

Have fun ...!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

If you want cheap and cheerful - get a Titan from Screwfix - cheap as chips and brilliant

Have just been looking at these I think its worth the buy just because how cheap it is.

then maybe add a George further down the line for the the deep cleans

George here too, Henry for the dry jobs, they make a great team, parts when eventually needed aren't dear :)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

+1

After looking at hiring a heavy duty industrial type vacuum when I was renovating my house, I bought one of these to abuse & fully expecting it to f*** up within a month.

It outlived the renovation works (proper work would kill a Dyson or similar within a week) & is still under the stairs for when I do the occasional wet vac job myself.

It worked/works a treat, is powerful and although the hose is cheap plastic, even that hasn’t broken. Nowt fancy but if you’re on a tight budget I couldn’t recommend it highly enough.

• Like 2

I've used our Henrys to suck up plasterboard, nails and screws, damp sawdust, just about everything in the house and they're quite happy dealing with a car in between...both still going strong. 

• Like 1

Another +1 for the Titan here. Superb value for money.  I think I bought it on recommendation from here actually B)

• Like 1

Our George reminds me of triggers sweeping brush, two new wet pumps countless wheels and even the odd hose or two apart from that its the same hoover we have used for years. 

• Like 1

I bought Ryan a Karcher Wet & Dry 3 years ago. Until we opened in October, he was full time mobile detailing and it's never let him down. WD2 is cheap too if you don't want to spend a lot, WD4 is better if you're happy to spend over £100

29 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Our George reminds me of triggers sweeping brush, two new wet pumps countless wheels and even the odd hose or two apart from that its the same hoover we have used for years. 

Always worth another look :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, justina3 said:

That will never get old....dave

Do you still use your Tornador mate? I’m still mulling over getting one to do the whole interior of a car. 

39 minutes ago, EPV said:

Do you still use your Tornador mate? I’m still mulling over getting one to do the whole interior of a car. 

i still say its one of the best ideas ive seen, ours gets well used, light valet, just the tornado, heavy valet tornado and wet n dry machine, just make sure your compressors up to it :)

and the titan as mentioned earlier, a screwfix good buy, but its a little small, but there again not as LOUD  as the wickes version, and wickes version is LOUD  :unsure:

4 hours ago, EPV said:

Yep we had a car in last week from a ex smoker blasted all the plastics and Bosch smell gone. 

Titan for dry vac and George for wet vac, Karcher K4 jetwash.

All the cleaning products are Autosmart apart from TFR which is £13 / tub from Euro.

35 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Yep we had a car in last week from a ex smoker blasted all the plastics and Bosch smell gone. 

And what’s it like doing seats and carpets? The videos i’ve watched suggest it can do a very good job of even heavily soiled carpets?