Sign in to follow this  
tradegirl

Can you tax a disabled car online?

1 hour ago, BHM said:

My trade plates are exercised day & night. An airport run loaded up with kids n cases wouldn’t concern me. It’s one of the perks of this job, I’ve paid my £165 so why not make ample use of them?

You are a braver man than me.

I wouldn't risk losing my trade plates doing that. 

4 hours ago, David Ayers said:

I wouldn't risk losing my trade plates doing that. 

Doing what? He is merely road testing one of his cars on a long journey to ensure that a previous repair was successful over a high-speed, high-engine temperature, high-rev long drive. If this coincides with someone's airport run (even his own) so be it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Don't get me wrong TG- I wasn't chastising you- I do the same occasionally, just I wouldn't register them, but use Trade Plates.

You expressed surprise at the mixed comments, so thought I'd give my view on it & just pointing out why some eyebrows were raised. :0)

Lol I didn't take offence! :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Doing what? He is merely road testing one of his cars on a long journey to ensure that a previous repair was successful over a high-speed, high-engine temperature, high-rev long drive. If this coincides with someone's airport run (even his own) so be it. 

My thoughts exactly!

14 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

+1

I've had the odd scenario where I've collected a car myself, but for whatever reason been delayed getting back so office is closed and I've not had  keys on me as planned to get there earlier so ended up doing my personal bits thats night in the car, probably had running gear or pool cue in the back, wonder what would happen if pulled over?

2 hours ago, SC Derby said:

probably had running gear or pool cue in the back

That is some fast game of pool you play

Permitted uses of trade licences

You must only use trade licences for the particular business purposes for which we issued them. These include: • to test or trial a vehicle, its accessories or equipment during or immediately after its construction, modification or repair

to undertake a test trial for the benefit of a prospective purchaser or the press • to demonstrate the operation of a vehicle, its accessories or equipment, when you hand it over to a purchaser or deliver it to the place where they intend to keep it

to go to and from places of test or inspection and for going to a place for breaking and dismantling. A motor trader may use the trade licence on mechanically propelled vehicles only if they are temporarily in their possession in the course of their business. 

There is a maximum fine of £1,000 or five times the rate of duty chargeable in respect of the vehicle or vehicles, whichever is the greater, for: • using a trade licence for a purpose not permitted by the regulations ..............................

On 15/11/2018 at 6:07 PM, Nick M.K. said:

What part of this /\ /\ /\ is not that \/ \/ \/ ??????????

18 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Permitted uses of trade licences

You must only use trade licences for the particular business purposes for which we issued them. These include: • to test or trial a vehicle, its accessories or equipment during or immediately after its construction, modification or repair

to undertake a test trial for the benefit of a prospective purchaser or the press • to demonstrate the operation of a vehicle, its accessories or equipment, when you hand it over to a purchaser or deliver it to the place where they intend to keep it

to go to and from places of test or inspection and for going to a place for breaking and dismantling. A motor trader may use the trade licence on mechanically propelled vehicles only if they are temporarily in their possession in the course of their business. 

There is a maximum fine of £1,000 or five times the rate of duty chargeable in respect of the vehicle or vehicles, whichever is the greater, for: • using a trade licence for a purpose not permitted by the regulations ..............................

1 minute ago, Dave2302 said:

to test or trial a vehicle, its accessories or equipment during or immediately after its construction, modification or repair

DOH !! Where is my fuckin edit button ?????????????

That's a right mess, but you get where I'm coming from !!

15 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

What part of this /\ /\ /\ is not that \/ \/ \/ ??????????

the suitcases in the boot might be a slight giveaway , the kiss me quick hat on the parcel shelf, or even the duty free on the back seat, but what i am trying to say is why risk your livelihood ?

Edited by have a word with the wife

No cop going to try and actually prove, beyond all reasonable doubt, that he is not simply taking his family to the Airport in that car because it needed Nicks aforementioned run to confirm / refute a previous repair.

Even if it was a real arsey Cop, provided no one coughed then CPS would throw it out on insufficient evidence ;)