Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Toyota auris

7 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Just corrected it, thank you, this was left from the last Hybrid advert text I had copied (as one does). Just increased the mileage slightly too and changed the photo order. 

Nick, if you find driving an Auris an involving enjoyable experience good for you. 

7 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

if you find driving an Auris an involving enjoyable experience good for you. 

I no longer find driving enjoyable in any car, comfortable is as good as it gets for me BUT after spending several hours today in this one it's certainly far removed from "hideous horrible form of transport." Will use it tomorrow as well while my own gets some recall work done. 

5 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I no longer find driving enjoyable in any car, comfortable is as good as it gets for me BUT after spending several hours today in this one it's certainly far removed from "hideous horrible form of transport." Will use it tomorrow as well while my own gets some recall work done. 

It’s described as DULL. If you like it, no wonder you don’t enjoy driving anymore. 

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/auris-2007/

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

After reading this thread the other night I felt that the Auris in general took an unfair beating.

I'm kinda with Nick on this one. Compare it to an Astra, Mazda 3, Focus, and, imo, they're the better car. Won't break down, better seat position, usually has had an easier more cared for life. Keep avoiding them tho lads, does the rest of us a favour!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

The only good car...is a sold car Terry..

11 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

It’s described as DULL. If you like it, no wonder you don’t enjoy driving anymore. 

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/auris-2007/

"Bad points:"

"Dull, unadventurous styling." (unlike the really sexy looking Astra or Pug 308)

"Introduction:"

"The Auris is a decent enough looking car...It's a bit more interesting inside"

John needs to make his mind up.

Typical Toyota - cheap materials thrown together & like to rust underneath.

VERY hard work to sell unless you’re on a pitch - internet buyers seem blind to them.

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

The only thing missing here is a Parkers valuation and you'll send me back in time 15 years when I used to read that crap every now and then. 

Thing is you absolutely must compare it to a similar sized and specced Car, otherwise it's a wank comparison.

And as for Honest John, well ffs, comparing it to an Astra or Pug, fuck right off !! 2 of the worst Cars ever, so yep, if I was in the market for a smaller Car the Auris would get my vote ;)

Up here, surrounded by salt water, everything rusts underneath, blasting with clear waxoyl each year pre winter so just about now, stops that ;) 

When I imagine the average Auris driver the following springs to mind, 28mph in a 60, incontenance pads, disabled badge, doddering, smelly, hates driving, werthers originals..... 

LOL I sorta see where you're coming from BUT .............

Now, forget the brown and green uniform brigade, get another Auris, and drive it like guys of our generation would drive it :) 

2 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

LOL I sorta see where you're coming from BUT .............

Now, forget the brown and green uniform brigade, get another Auris, and drive it like guys of our generation would drive it :) 

To be honest I’d rather not be seen ragging a granddad car ( I wouldn’t want the tartan blanket and Panama hat to fall off the parcel shelf) If I had to chose a similar car it would be a Civic.

An Auris has Zero kudos, you have to be over 70 to drive one and it’s about as desirable and has as a wart on yer nob, nothing is gong to change my view....horrible car bought by people in retirement . :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

To be honest I’d rather not be seen ragging a granddad car ( I wouldn’t want the tartan blanket and Panama hat to fall off the parcel shelf) If I had to chose a similar car it would be a Civic.

An Auris has Zero kudos, you have to be over 70 to drive one and it’s about as desirable and has as a wart on yer nob, nothing is gong to change my view....horrible car bought by people in retirement . :ph34r:

Hi AD 

You never sold Ladas then ! The Trade hated them so they were for nowt.You got great margins on them,no comebacks and the punters where easy to deal with.I can still recall one punters comment  c 1988 “people can laugh at me as much as they want,£2k for an 18 month old car ,£100 a year Insurance and I can park it anywhere and I don’t need to lock it up.

In fact I have a neighbour who was the biggest Lada retailer in the UK,he only had 2 pitches. Happy Days.

5 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hi AD 

You never sold Ladas then ! The Trade hated them so they were for nowt.You got great margins on them,no comebacks and the punters where easy to deal with.I can still recall one punters comment  c 1988 “people can laugh at me as much as they want,£2k for an 18 month old car ,£100 a year Insurance and I can park it anywhere and I don’t need to lock it up.

In fact I have a neighbour who was the biggest Lada retailer in the UK,he only had 2 pitches. Happy Days.

Yeah, I used to buy and sell plenty LADA's and make silly money on them back in the good old days in Dartford :D

13 hours ago, trade vet said:

Hi AD 

Before I was got into this trade but I know a lad who used to knock them out to Russian sailors when the boat was in the local dock. He tells me they’d buy anything Lada, good, bad or ugly, because spare parts were as highly prized - allegedly the deckhands would strip the knackered cars on the voyage home & the carcass was tipped over the edge into the Baltic.

I suspect they weren’t too fussy about log books either.

The nearest I got was with Shittyrovers. The best part of a decade ago literally no body wanted them at the block, usually hammered out for £200ish, driven back, washed, photoed & £800-1000 across them to sell within days, nice unfussy punters & I NEVER had one single comeback. I couldn’t get enough of them, and the lads in the auction hall laughed every time I bought one.

14 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Yeah, I used to buy and sell plenty LADA's and make silly money on them back in the good old days

If I was just a bit older Ladas would probably be the bulk of my stock in the gold communist years in Bulgaria where the waiting list for a new one was 12-15 years and used private sales were illegal before 1989. 

2 minutes ago, BHM said:

I couldn’t get enough of them, and the lads in the auction hall laughed every time I bought one.

And you laughed all the way to the bank. It's amazing how many opportunities some dealers would miss out on because they don't like a certain model or even make. 

Pre 2012 Auris are hideous looking, mirrors are mis-placed, gearstick on the dash. Nothing like the Corolla they replaced.

Worst engine is the 1.33 petrol which wouldn't pull the socks off a dead man. Otherwise reliable and guaranteed not to return once sold.

I personally think the auris is getting a lot of unfair stick. I had a 1.6 vvti on a 2009 and it sold within a few days. The phone was going off. I priced it accordingly, not too cheap. I didn't think the drive was bad, yes it's a little uninspiring and you're not going to wrap it round corners but it's fairly modern inside compared to other cars of it's age.