Sign in to follow this  
stockedup!

Best device for pics

I am currently using a Nikon Coolpix digital camera for my car pictures, the external photos are not bad but the interior pics are not good(Sometimes blurred).

I am thinking of going down the digital SLR route(A simple one to use, I am not David Bailey)on a tripod. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

3 hours ago, stockedup! said:

I am currently using a Nikon Coolpix digital camera for my car pictures, the external photos are not bad but the interior pics are not good(Sometimes blurred).

I am thinking of going down the digital SLR route(A simple one to use, I am not David Bailey)on a tripod. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

IPhone - point and shoot

I used to use an iPhone which takes decent pictures but once you get the hang of how to use a DSLR camera there is no comparison.

My friend is a big photo boff and always banging on about DSLR correct me if i am wrong but i was under the impression the quality of the uploaded pictures to most mainstream platforms is capped and the extra digital quality is reduced when you upload to it.

Currently iphone for me to but always open to suggestions to improve.

I run a Sony nex5n with a basic kit lens and a polarising filter on the end. Its probably the bottom end of the "dslr" range (desperatly want to upgrade) and it does take alot longer than using my phone but I love the results.

FB_IMG_1540371687030.jpg

I forgot my £100 point and shoot Nikon recently when going to take pics, I do it at local park and used my Samsung phone as emergency measure........................the phone pics were stunning in comparison to the supposedly better dedicated camera.

learn how to get the best out of the £700 SLR your thinking about or stay as you are

DSLR. 

And to learn how to get the best out of one takes a while. The photo files I uploaded here are 100 times smaller than the originals because of what the direct upload tool allows here. 

ML1.jpg

ML2.jpg

Here are the ones from Flickr I had uploaded to another thread: 

NMK_5030

NMK_5004

• Like 2

+1 for DSLR, I have Canon, but yeah, for Forum Pics the files are too big, so I use Samsung ST66 Point and Shoot, mind even they are too big for this Forum, ;) hence I don't post pics :(

I used to use a host, then they shut it down, all my pictorial how to fix xxxxxxx threads on forums then became useless :(

You want to copy the IMG host link Mark

IMG_4108_zpsevwk9pwx.jpg

Edited by Mikey360

Thanks Mikey but what magic did you use to do that?

Edited by Mark101

either drag and drop the image url into the text box 

or 

[ img ] photo.jpeg [ /img ]

remove the spaces ^

Edited by twerp
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Thanks Mikey but what magic did you use to do that?

Copy the link under IMG, on your phone you have to click share and then "get links", on your PC, should just be on the right of the picture 

sketch-1540379690088.png

7 hours ago, Mikey360 said:

You want to copy the IMG host link Mark

IMG_4108_zpsevwk9pwx.jpg

That’s just what you need at Blackbushe,arrive with your wagon,get the keys then send the dog to find and bring your car !

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, trade vet said:

That’s just what you need at Blackbushe,arrive with your wagon,get the keys then send the dog to find and bring your car !

She could probably do much better than most BCA drivers

My pictures aren’t of the quality as the cars above (although different demographic)

I really don’t think you can beat I Phone 10. Point and click with great quality. Plus I already have it in my hand and can upload them speedily.  There are also courses on getting even better quality if you need

10 hours ago, justina3 said:

My friend is a big photo boff and always banging on about DSLR correct me if i am wrong but i was under the impression the quality of the uploaded pictures to most mainstream platforms is capped and the extra digital quality is reduced when you upload to it.

Currently iphone for me to but always open to suggestions to improve.

Correct. The images are scaled down. You can still get some great photos but for me it’s more about correct lighting, right distance from the car etc than having super high definition. 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-and-camcorders/digital-cameras/dslr-and-compact-system-cameras/canon-eos-4000d-dslr-camera-with-ef-s-18-55-mm-f-3-5-5-6-iii-lens-10177606-pdt.html

Great camera for beginners and a half decent kit lens too. WiFi enabled so you can put the pics through Light room on your mobile if you don't have creative cloud on your PC, can also do videos to if you want to branch out. 

(you can probably get it cheaper elsewhere if you look around)  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tadams said:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-and-camcorders/digital-cameras/dslr-and-compact-system-cameras/canon-eos-4000d-dslr-camera-with-ef-s-18-55-mm-f-3-5-5-6-iii-lens-10177606-pdt.html

Great camera for beginners and a half decent kit lens too. WiFi enabled so you can put the pics through Light room on your mobile if you don't have creative cloud on your PC, can also do videos to if you want to branch out. 

(you can probably get it cheaper elsewhere if you look around)  

Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering what kind of pictures / videos those 2 were taking ?? :D

They were clearly creating content for a fashion catalogue but one of the photos makes them look like they are in bed.