Sign in to follow this  
tradegirl

Parking fine for car in trade.

Hi everyone. First of all don't all attack me please.

I got a council parking fine in a spot I genuinely didn't know was limited hours. I've parked there many times before. Lots of people park there and there's only a tiny two by 4 sign showing limited hours (which i discovered after I got booked)

Anyway the car was in the trade. I fully meant to pay but missed the 14 day discount period because it's been hectic here. Then realised I'd lost the parking ticket. Called them up to explain that I wanted to pay but could I pay the discounted amount etc. They said to email in. I left what takes 2 minutes to do, for 100 other things, and it's now 3 weeks since I got it so it's £70.

I've today found the parking fine.

Do I pay, or is there some kind of parking find trade vehicle loophole? I do pay my taxes and VAT, so please don't start "it's shite people like you ruining this country. Do your duty."

Thanks.

go on the website, attempt to pay, and check how much it wants to charge you - around my area even though the fine increases after 14 days when you go to pay at 21 days it still asks for the discounted amount. Maybe it'll be the same for you

• Like 1

Dont feel bad, with the council budgets being cut, 'enforcement' is the gift that keeps giving! 

Just pay the fine and pay attention to these things in the future. And whatever you do don't ring your local council to tell them  "The car is in the trade because I trade cars from home, do I still have to pay this fine..."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tradegirl said:

In fairness I was going to attack you a bit but remembered how I had two of my cars impounded for unpaid tax in my early years (maybe 2004). A neighbour must've rang the DVLA who sent a recovery vehicle from a private company based in West Drayton and they lifted both cars from our road. 

One was an old Sienna red (dog d**k red) BMW 5 series 530i, E34, value around a grand maybe, the other a 5 year old Alfa 156, beautiful car, worth maybe four grand at the time, half my operating capital. It took me a couple of days to locate the cars, another day to arrange the tax for them and I worried they might just scrap the old BMW. 

I went there to collect my cars and there was my BMW, washed and polished to a complete shine, right outside the office of the proprietor Mr Odel or Odell. He was a huge bloke, rough as you like, absolutely hated foreigners and was not pleased to see me there. I think he had decided to keep the BMW for himself and run around locally in it, presumably he would inform the DVLA that he'd scrapped it and charge them! The Alfa 156 was on a forklift, ready to be scrapped and the forks had bent a couple of suspension arms at the rear. It was so much hassle trying to get it recovered back, repaired and chase compensation from Odell for the bent arms, less than £200 but I got it weeks later after telling them I am about to "request the DVLA to arrange a full review by the Department of Transport". 

He must've made all his staff and friends and family to vote Leave in 2016. 

Edited by Nick M.K.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tradegirl said:

I got a council parking fine in a spot I genuinely didn't know was limited hours. I've parked there many times before. Lots of people park there and there's only a tiny two by 4 sign showing limited hours (which i discovered after I got booked)

Anyway the car was in the trade. I fully meant to pay but missed the 14 day discount period because it's been hectic here. Then realised I'd lost the parking ticket. Called them up to explain that I wanted to pay but could I pay the discounted amount etc. They said to email in. I left what takes 2 minutes to do, for 100 other things, and it's now 3 weeks since I got it so it's £70.

Do I pay, or is there some kind of parking find trade vehicle loophole? I do pay my taxes and VAT, so please don't start "it's shite people like you ruining this country. Do your duty."

Thanks.

Driver gets the fine not the car :)

Your ticket , 

I'd pay it or you will be on next episode of " cant pay wont pay we'll take it away " arguing with a bailiff at £800 lol :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

cant pay wont pay we'll take it away

Read my post above, we must've typed them at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Read my post above, we must've typed them at the same time.

You had nice neighbours Nick :) wonder why they don't just realise we are all people . 

Didn't like foreigners and got them to vote leave lol split my coffee reading that , You were a lucky chap to get the cars  back though .

Some people just cant mind their own noses can they ? reporting your cars for no tax outside your house . sad lives they lead don't they . 

We had one neighbour like that "reported my lad who was an apprentice then to the council for working on cars in my  garage and running a business " was his own car by the way " she got four speeding fines in one day :)  :) but she took the 6 month ban quite badly and then suffered a driving while banned ticket too and got an extension ban of 18 mths added and a £600 fine , cant imagine where that report was from :) Justice is served on a sweet plate . One good turn deserves another .

• Like 1

just so i read everything right on here

OP got a parking ticket for having a car that shows in trade yet is parked in a public place

then we go on to a company that collects untaxed cars on our streets but it turns out this man is a skinhead with a paunch who polishes up turds and voted brexit

then someone else who blocks the streets with untaxed cars thus denying our country taxes blabs that he done up a neighbour who he aSSUMES BLAGGED ON HIM

UNBELIEVABLE AND ANOTHER REASON I VOTED BREXIT

Anyone else want to spout diarrhoea?

this is a forum where i assume members abide by the law or theres no point in having it

On 07/10/2018 at 7:35 PM, Borat said:

Hi I follow the forum but only registered today. 

The reason I have registered is not to have a go at you but to inform you that if you do not pay the previous keeper will get the Notice of Intention - where things go formal.

Now this former keeper will be totally innocent and won't have a clue. Some councils have their own access to the DVLA database as they also deal with abandoned vehicles etc so they need to track vehicle owners sooner than later. Not all council officers are wise and therefore they may miss the fact the vehicle is in trade or their limited DVLA system may not show them this.

From the points I have highlighted you seem to contradict yourself entirely - you have been parking there for a long time yet you didn't know it was limited hours nor you was aware of a sign there? Right ok...

Then you claim you have been mega busy, and even state after the phone call you didn't even follow their advice and left it because you have been "hectic"...

You then finally contradict yourself by saying you pay VAT tax etc etc yet you ask for a loophole for £70??!

It's totally outrageous of you and your behaviour is appalling. Your entire post frustrates me because you are potentially involving an innocent former owner with a Notice of Intention whereby this owner will scramble to the phones and look for his paper work to prove he or she doesnt owner the vehicle anymore.

One bit of advice - hectic or not but fines / enforcement always takes priority... as others have rightly pointed out don't pay £70 it turns out to be £800 - gosh am sure you have made more losses in a bad car a lot more than £70 and you're crying over £70 quid?! Wow...

Mate Jesus calm down. You registered to INFORM me?

Yes I genuinely have parked there 3-4 times as do other vehicles, and I'm not some skivvy arsehole looking to get out of £70. It was a genuine mistake and I'm sure all these parking tickets go towards a good cause such as fixing all the bloody potholes in the roads that go unfixed for months on end. I'm sure they end up in the same pot of money as the fines given by coppers riding buses booking people glancing at their phones at traffic lights.

It was a genuine mistake and all I'm doing is asking a question. And I've no intention of landing anyone else in it either. And yes, my life IS that bloody hectic not that it's any of your business.

On 07/10/2018 at 5:55 PM, boring dave said:

This is a forum where i assume members abide by the law or theres no point in having it

What does Brexit have to do with anything Dave? Is it only foreigners who don't tax their vehicles, speed, and receive parking tickets? Are all the drivers on Consumer Rights forums and Pepipoo all foreigners then?

Being a law abiding citizen I can only assume you've never gone past the speed limit. Drive at a steady 33mph? Or do you keep it at 29mph because it's a speed limit, not a target? Never had one drink over the limit? Never ridden a bike on the pavement?

Jesus, some of you holier than thou righteous people really get on my nerves.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Thanks.

This all seems to have escalated somewhat. 

Knowledge of Limited hours or not TG, you should not be parking a trade vehicle on the road. I won’t be a bore and list out all the instances you’re allowed to use trade plates because I expect you know them. 

Paying your VAT and taxes is neither here nor there. If it were me, i’d just take it on the chin and pay the fine.  

7 minutes ago, Borat said:

No you seem to have attitude problem.

I registered to inform you that dont screw an innocent person over because it is THEM that will get the NIT it is THEM that will be dragged through the process of proving their innocence.

You say you aint bothered about the £70 yet you clearly asked for a loophole.

Whatever happens with the money isn't your concern. Stop making excuses. You should just shut up as the more you talk the more you look like an idiot and look corrupt.

My backside you pay vat and taxes if You're moaning about a £70 fine.

Actions speak louder than words. What goes around comes around. 

Love idiots like you that give it the large behind a screen but face to face cant even squeak. 

Tosser.

No, you registered to be condescending, call my behaviour "appalling" and outrageous, and assume that I want to screw anyone over.

You registered to play the moral man and make others out to be a piece of scum. Did I say at any point that I want to land someone else in it? Had I wanted to I would have just left it as it is. But you're in too much of a rush to get on your high horse to stop and think. You're basically calling me a liar, now you're calling me a tax dodger (I'd love to see your accounts). And yes, I saw the limited hours sign and just thought I'd risk a parking penalty. I'm so tight with 50p, plus the thrill of "Will I/Won't I get a fine?" makes my day so much more exciting.

People like you get my goat. Stop making conclusions about other people. Get off your high horse and stop being a prick.

2 minutes ago, EPV said:

This all seems to have escalated somewhat. 

Knowledge of Limited hours or not TG, you should not be parking a trade vehicle on the road. I won’t be a bore and list out all the instances you’re allowed to use trade plates because I expect you know them. 

Paying your VAT and taxes is neither here nor there. If it were me, i’d just take it on the chin and pay the fine.  

I've paid it James. I'll pay it 10 times over to never have a conversation with another jobsworthy, curtain twitching, condescending, high horse, "by the book" with 100 skeletons in his closet, miserable PRICK ever again.

Obviously not directed at you.

Fucking hell...

Well, that’s the end of that then. Move along nothing to see here....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:
Can you squeeze me 
Into an empty page of your diary 
Really busy 
Busy clippers 
Oh, hairdresser on fire 
All around Sloane Square
And you're just too busy 
To see me 
Busy clippers 
Oh, hairdresser on fire :lol:

I'm not sure if this is a sarcastic take on me saying I'm busy. If it is, may I suggest you don't comment if you don't know what people are dealing with, or what obligations they have on a daily basis.

I'm going to take it with a pinch of salt though, as I have no beef with you, and it's far too late on a Sunday night to be debating with people I don't even know.

4 minutes ago, Borat said:

And you wanted empathy "oh dont have a go at me" you're pathetic. 

Like i said keep talking like that behind a screen. Love how some people give it all the effing and blinding online and in person are total pussies.

You havent paid it. 

No you was going to leave the previous keeper to take the rap.

I really love people that say they sre really busy... Fuck me what are you? A full time surgeon stuck in theatre with back to back ops? No you're a trashy used car dealer with all the time in the world with shit attention to detail as you park in the same place over and over again but never realised the timings nor theres a fucking sign there.

People that have shit awareness and use shitty language are usually depressed little dodgy fucks. 

Now go fuck yourself.

Am i speaking your language now? 

Oh she was so busy that she forgot its a trade vehicle... Fucking ugly dog bends the rules abuses trade plates gets caught and fucking wants sympathy? Depressed dot com ? Haha

Lol wow...seems I touched a nerve. Go back to being a lurker, you've clearly nothing valuable to offer to this forum.

And you keep saying I'd be a "pussy" in real life? Are you suggesting you want to meet up and fight a woman? Bore off, big man.

Edited by tradegirl

Just now, Borat said:

And you have? Seen plenty og posts from you in other threads you're nothing but rude.

Life has taught me to speak to people how they speak to you. Clearly it just worked on you.

You offer trash and verbal diahorea on here. Perhaps you should take a leaf out of umesh's or Arfurs book and learn some manners and respect. 

If you go back over my posts at no point i started using foul language. I only responded to you like that as it seemed like that's the language you understand. 

If you ever spoke like that in person to someone am sure your schedule will be even more hectic as you'd be intensive care for a few days. 

Some people just ask for it. Now go back to your schedule

You're an absolute MORON. Never have I been rude to anyone in this forum.

Thankfully I don't come across many condescending idiots like you, so I'm always polite.

Now bore off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Borat said:

Give me your number and il teach you a lesson

You got a problem with everyone you even snapped at have a word with the wife..

Do you not have a family to spend time with on a Sunday night mate? I think we all get the point and you're just going on and on..

She shouldn't of parked there.. lesson learned, fingers burned.. move on.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or do any of the rest of you think that this is an existing member and not a 'newbie' that has registered a new account to spout some venom? 

I hope not but in this day and age nothing would surprise me. 

Glad you paid the fine TG, had one myself this past month so whilst it's hateful to be fined it's better to just pay and move on. 

2 minutes ago, Linctrader said:

Is it just me, or do any of the rest of you think that this is an existing member and not a 'newbie' that has registered a new account to spout some venom? 

I hope not but in this day and age nothing would surprise me. 

Glad you paid the fine TG, had one myself this past month so whilst it's hateful to be fined it's better to just pay and move on. 

That hadn't crossed my mind, but everyone on here generally seems to be very polite and easy going. Not come across anyone in the forum so aggressive before, so I'd be surprised if it was an existing member.

5 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

That hadn't crossed my mind, but everyone on here generally seems to be very polite and easy going. Not come across anyone in the forum so aggressive before, so I'd be surprised if it was an existing member.

It was just the quoting of so many members names and seeming to know their temperament from their posting suggests someone really has done some research on the forum and really dislikes what you did, or it's someone from the forum wanting to vent at you without identifying themselves. 

I'm just surprised someone would lurk for a long enough period of time to pick up members temperaments from their postings but would then be so upset by what you posted to all of a sudden register. Makes no sense. 

Regardless of what the situation is, I think both of you guys should refrain from posting any further in response to each other, it won't get any better. 

2 minutes ago, Borat said:

Surprised you think talking sense and preventing a corrupt trader from stitching up an innocent person is venom

Are you dense?! You're such an idiot I can't help but reply. Are you even a trader? I bought the vehicle at auction. Whether I want to or not, the yellow slip is sent to the DVLA. Whether I want to or not, the DVLA know I have the vehicle.

And never at ANY point did I say I want to do anyone over. Can you even read? And if I wanted to do innocent people in, I wouldn't be a motor trader would I?!

Enough of this nonsense now. 

5 minutes ago, Borat said:

Surprised you think talking sense and preventing a corrupt trader from stitching up an innocent person is venom...

In this day and age every one wants you to keep the yellow slip so they can clock some speed in your car... Get some parking fines... Perhaps deliver some drugs... Oh well Mr Former Keeper the old bill will knock on your door! 

Lots of traders pretend to be legitimate traders to get motors of innocent people to pass on to some very dodgy people...  You never know who's reading these forums 

Goodnight

8 minutes ago, Borat said:

Looks like some people dont like the taste of their own medicine oh we learn something new everyday

As they say keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer.

I think TG has learnt a lesson this one about the fine and neither of you im sure need to keep this going buddy. 

I agree what you are saying and no doubt there are traders like that. However, TG wouldn't be one of them as she has posted extensively, including showing examples of her vehicles listing on autotrader if I remember correctly. Plus these guys makes their money much easier than the rest of us and TG wouldn't be posting about the kind of issues she has had with sold cars if she was a gangster type as it just wouldn't matter to her. 

Good night to you both, maybe best to leave things like they are now. 

• Like 1