Sign in to follow this  
whitestone679231

Most expensive bulb replacement

So We have a Bentley Continental GT for sale and light comes on dash saying high level brake light failed.... u know the one big led thing top of back window.... no probs thinks me.... how fecking wrong can I be... Bentley quote taking back window out to replace... some others on google supply a modified one that you cut out old one with a Stanley knife... drop rear headlining blah blah blah ... anyone any better ideas?? 

37 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Glad u like it Arfur..... how fecking shit is that.... who designs a serviceable part to be so inaccessible..... 

From Piston Heads :-

Had mine sorted with Bentley Birmingham..They picked my car from N london and gave me courtesy car.. the whole job was about £650 which included free health check.. thought that was good value considering some other crazy quotes I was getting! 

I actually don't think that is too bad for a Bentley ............................

I recently bought just the LED Lamp Assy for an MB and that was ~ £360 before labour !!

Nope the Merc didn't need the Rear Window removing, but it was still a cunt of a job.

All things considered, not too bad on the Bentley £650 all up ;).

23 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

From Piston Heads :-

Had mine sorted with Bentley Birmingham..They picked my car from N london and gave me courtesy car.. the whole job was about £650 which included free health check.. thought that was good value considering some other crazy quotes I was getting! 

I actually don't think that is too bad for a Bentley ............................

I recently bought just the LED Lamp Assy for an MB and that was ~ £360 before labour !!

Nope the Merc didn't need the Rear Window removing, but it was still a cunt of a job.

All things considered, not too bad on the Bentley £650 all up ;).

You missed a bit

"Sunday 4th December 2011"

15 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

The repair costs are reassuringly expensive. 

Adequate and appropriate for a Gentleman?

14 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Guess thats why you start with an £8000 margin on a Bentley so that after  prep and a 90 day stock turn you only end up loosing about £2000

:lol:

Well it could be worse if the starter motor or oxygen sensor need replacing you need to drop the engine!! 

Edited by James01

18 hours ago, David Ayers said:
18 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

You missed a bit

"Sunday 4th December 2011"

Ahhhhh, yeah, so 7 years on that'll be around £1,863,254.99 then :lol:

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

Ahhhhh, yeah, so 7 years on that'll be around £1,863,254.99 then :lol:

Cheers chaps you have really cheered me up,,, I hope all your Ford Eco boosts and Zafiras set on fire and your VW,s dont pass the emissions....

19 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

Cheers chaps you have really cheered me up,,, I hope all your Ford Eco boosts and Zafiras set on fire and your VW,s dont pass the emissions....

Now Now :)

1 hour ago, whitestone679231 said:

:lol::lol::lol:

AM Vantage sidelights are the same, led fails and that will be £1600 + VAT please for a night headlight assembly however I now here someone can repair them for less than half that.

Sold a Focus to a technician at our local VW dealers, that says it all.

He was telling me about all the infotaintment units they are replacing, under warranty on the latest Golfs/Passats at £5000 a go. That's not a misprint £5000!