Nooby Question

5 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Hi EPV

What are you looking at Blackbushe, ill watch online :D

I promise i wont bid :ph34r:

i got told that last week and got trotted terribly

but

im gunna get me own back;)

Dont start that game.... all of a sudden you will own one that stands you far too much! :o

2 hours ago, Stalker said:

Dont start that game.... all of a sudden you will own one that stands you far too much! :o

you've got to know when to pull out

obviously its easier if ones catholic

Funny story about trotting bids .

My daughter is on a car at Brighouse a while back , I'm in the hall standing next to 4 guys , look that's a private girl bidding one says :) my ears open wide cos he said watch this I'll make her pay over £4k for it , take it 4k and let her ave it , 

I'm on phone now to daughter telling her the pratts to my right are going to 4k to make you pay .

She took them to £3,950 , he went 4k and she shook her head :) 

They owned it at £900 over book , Their reaction was world class :) 

What , we've got it one says , thought you was trotting her , what the fu## we gonna do with that :) 

Go and ask her if she wants it :) and they did :) 

NO she says I was playing you at your game that's all .. 

Wont do that again . 

Another one at Brig again , I was on a Disco 3 sometime back now booked at 12k and i was up against a car hugger private and his young horsey daughter .

I got the car at under book as my bidding was heaps faster than his , Bang Bang Bang made his head hurt , one hesitation and hammers in my favour :) 

His horsey 13/14 yrs daughter went ballistic , talk about spoilt little ########## that's my daddys car , YOU cant have it , we've waited all day for that car .I WANT it for Sat she going mad . We are going to pull my horse trailer , Dad wasn't interested in my offer of £15k to buy it :) scowled at me as he dragged his brat away kicking and screaming . 

Oh I won the draw that night too £250 of shopping vouchers :) Bonus 

Auctions are so much fun . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

James, how did you get on.... ?

I was there with him and it was nice to meet in person. I bought one in the afternoon and bid on a dozen others with no luck, James stayed another couple of hours and bought a very late bargain. He is probably still on the M25 on the way back.

Mine seemed a decent buy at just over £7K, we'll see: 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201810011052642

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I was there with him and it was nice to meet in person. I bought one in the afternoon and bid on a dozen others with no luck, James stayed another couple of hours and bought a very late bargain. He is probably still on the M25 on the way back.

Mine seemed a decent buy at just over £7K, we'll see: 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201810011052642

Good Mentoring Nik :) great pictures, love the first one, looks like one of mine  :) 

• Like 1

On 30/09/2018 at 11:15 AM, c_cars said:

Which auction are you planning on doing?

Hit and miss mate. 

The miss was that I had a list of 13, that went down to 8 when I saw them, none of which I won because despite being prepared to pay cap clean for cap average cars, everything went a few hundred above cap clean. I can’t make money at those prices so I kept my powder dry. 

The hit was meeting Nick from Lovely cars and what a lovely chap. Really good bloke. Was very interesting watching how he does things and I learned a lot in a short space of time from him. 

In the end, after walking up the line in the last sale waiting for yet another car of mine to go over cap clean, I saw a nice bright looking Skoda Octavia Estate. I didn’t see it the night before because I was just looking at petrols and this is a diesel but i’m confident it will be desirable and it’s a good mop and polish away from being a grade 2 car. Engine started and sounded fine, no smoke, no eml and assured report looks accurate for a change. Paid cap clean for it which was £200 more than I wanted but it should make up into a nice bit of stock. 

So I didn’t get what I went for (everyone else wanted the same cars) but I found something worthwhile to buy and should pull a good ROI out of it. 

I can’t see myself going back to Blackbushe frequently. It’s expensive for the stuff I seem to look at and it’s an absolute cunt to get to. I’ll be off to Bedford next time out I think. 

Sorry that was meant for Arfur. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EPV said:

Hit and miss mate. 

The miss was that I had a list of 13, that went down to 8 when I saw them, none of which I won because despite being prepared to pay cap clean for cap average cars, everything went a few hundred above cap clean. I can’t make money at those prices so I kept my powder dry. 

The hit was meeting Nick from Lovely cars and what a lovely chap. Really good bloke. Was very interesting watching how he does things and I learned a lot in a short space of time from him. 

In the end, after walking up the line in the last sale waiting for yet another car of mine to go over cap clean, I saw a nice bright looking Skoda Octavia Estate. I didn’t see it the night before because I was just looking at petrols and this is a diesel but i’m confident it will be desirable and it’s a good mop and polish away from being a grade 2 car. Engine started and sounded fine, no smoke, no eml and assured report looks accurate for a change. Paid cap clean for it which was £200 more than I wanted but it should make up into a nice bit of stock. 

So I didn’t get what I went for (everyone else wanted the same cars) but I found something worthwhile to buy and should pull a good ROI out of it. 

I can’t see myself going back to Blackbushe frequently. It’s expensive for the stuff I seem to look at and it’s an absolute cunt to get to. I’ll be off to Bedford next time out I think. 

I’ve bought out of BB a few times, but it’s notoriously expensive. Cheap though if you are inside the m25 London factor. As I’ve said always worth waiting till the end for taking a punt. 

You need to gain the Auction experience  to get balanced approach to buying. Auctions in my book are the foundations. I thought you might go back with something, that’s how you learn to take a punt...  you’ll either win or regret it.. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, twerp said:

Looks very tidy. What was CAP Clean on that ? 

£6800 ish ?

TWERP.  Why haven't you responded to Trade-Vet ? You have confirmed you wouldn't lower himself to sell other people's casts offs, why can't you be respectful and simply reply ?  

• Like 1

Replied

In fact I made a point that all part-ex cars are cast offs, which I of course buy. So you are barking up the wrong tree.

1 minute ago, twerp said:

Replied

In fact I made a point that all part-ex cars are cast offs, which I of course buy. So you are barking up the wrong tree.

Cast off is a bit of a derogatory term. 

A young couple chop a TT in for an Avant. Is the TT a cast off? 

4 minutes ago, EPV said:

Cast off is a bit of a derogatory term. 

A young couple chop a TT in for an Avant. Is the TT a cast off? 

Does it have 150k+ and do you intend to retail it ?

4 minutes ago, twerp said:

Does it have 150k+ and do you intend to retail it ?

Sorry I must have missed the point. You said all part ex’s are cast offs. Cast off is a derogatory term. 

• Like 1

It was relevant in the context of the conversation. So be it if anyone choses to take offence with the term. 

The high mileage niche is high margin. Just not entirely sustainable.

9 minutes ago, twerp said:

Really?? We sustained it for 15 years!! Its a market I understand and its where I choose to ply my trade, and if its done right it very profitable and very sustainable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twerp said:

It was relevant in the context of the conversation. So be it if anyone choses to take offence with the term. 

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about most of the time. 

8 hours ago, twerp said:

Replied

Get your facts right. You said.  "Let's be clear here: I don't sell other peoples cast offs".  Now your are saying you buying bangers, other peoples "cast offs"  from Manheim & BCA ...........  

13 hours ago, EPV said:

Hit and miss mate. 

Glad to see you ended up doing alright and coming away with something. Sometimes you end up spotting stuff that just looks good value and you can get excited by it in a way where flicking through catalogues online you would completely overlook something. 

9 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Sometimes you end up spotting stuff that just looks good value and you can get excited by it in a way where flicking through catalogues online you would completely overlook something. 

My words to him exactly. I've walked around 4km in the auction yard yesterday, James must've done more. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

My words to him exactly. I've walked around 4km in the auction yard yesterday, James must've done more. 

Don't worry, I refuelled on crisps and chocolate 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

Don't worry, I refuelled on crisps and chocolate 

long john weather soon if you intend carrying on mingling with the lower classes:) no not you nick

so much more refined bidding at work and you dont get other people coughing in your face and being generally the lowest of the dreggs

and i havent even mentioned the stuck up auctioneer yet