Row

Ebay or Cargurus

Hi everyone, my contract is coming up for renewal with Ebay and I am wondering if that budget would be better spent with CG (instead of the free CG ads), I stock up to 20 cars priced between 3-10k retail, my main advertising is with AT and that does well for me, Never been sure with Ebay but been with them for a few years, my stock is well prepped and I ask and get good money, I never aim to be cheap but prep well and give great service, any thoughts appreciated.

Car Guru gives to much info for my liking 

Price change , Best Price deal, how long in stock , That's private info in my thoughts 

Wouldn't  pay them in bent washers . 

Just my thoughts 

Ebay has done very well for me for the cost,(I have been with them for years but just Ebay not Gumtree) I find that stuff that is a bit different sells better of there. I do not like Car Gurus, very underhand and total sheisters in the dealings I have had with them. Also tells a punter when a car is overpriced even though they have very little info, really sticks in my throat that one. I am also on with Autotrader, expensive but generally worth it.

Out of interest, has anyone gone from just Ebay to Gumtree also....how have you found that?

20 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Price change , Best Price deal, how long in stock , That's private info in my thoughts 

Just my thoughts 

Two of those bits of info you can get from AT. Price marker and in the browser bar it will state the date it went on sale. Granted most wouldn’t know that latter piece of info but online buying is gradually taking over everything and will be the norm. 

I would stay with ebay rather than go to Gumtree- if it's a choice between the two.

As with 'stockedup' we've been with them for years, but just the ebaymotorsPro- not Gumtree and it's good value for money /return. 

CarGurus seems to pay for itself worse way, and often you'll get a return.

I too detest the price markers on Autoraper and Car Gurus, plus days in stock is disgusting.  I've had this out with Car Gurus and even the account manager says he agrees but they can't get senior management to change the policy. : so stay with the free one I say.

Also, I think I'm right in saying that if you're currently on an ebayMP contract (without Gumtree) and you cancel or don't renew, they will (try to) insist you have to have Gumtree too- and it's far too much money in comparison.  

I seem to remember oe member on here that did manage to get just an EMP account but I think they had to kick up a stink?

The days in stock thing doesn't really bother me.

No doubt the public think they have some extra info but the reality for me is, if I have a price, it's the price. 

"You've had it 90 days mate, come on I know you need to sell it"

"Sell it yes, give it away, no. The price is fixed sir"

Pointless bit of info for joe public in my world.

eBay. 

Every year I think of stopping it (£175pm for 20-25 cars), then I do one very juicy sale resulting from it and I keep it :-)

i personally think they are both no brainers for the price,,, i get results from both and more than pay for themselves,, way i look at it on a dead month worst case scenario sell nothing from them i lose a few quid,,, sell nothing from autoraper and i aint eating for a month...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

i personally think they are both no brainers for the price,,, i get results from both and more than pay for themselves,, way i look at it on a dead month worst case scenario sell nothing from them i lose a few quid,,, sell nothing from autoraper and i aint eating for a month...

Same here. We don’t use AT but instead run eBay, Facebook and CarGurus free package. 

3 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Just my thoughts 

Absolutely!!

My question regarding the ebay MP contract expiring - and whether they would try to force me to have Gumtree on an inflated price contract- has been answered.  Can carry on again with 50 cars for £245/month.  Phew!  

However- only allowing a six or 12 month contract this time- rather than the 18 months that has previously been offered.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, Row said:

Hi everyone, my contract is coming up for renewal with Ebay and I am wondering if that budget would be better spent with CG (instead of the free CG ads), I stock up to 20 cars priced between 3-10k retail, my main advertising is with AT and that does well for me, Never been sure with Ebay but been with them for a few years, my stock is well prepped and I ask and get good money, I never aim to be cheap but prep well and give great service, any thoughts appreciated.

So you've worked out exactly which one is providing the best ROI? cheapest as we know isn't best. I'm religious about knowing exactly where the sale came from and I don't mean just asking people, work out the net profit made from each sale. I'm with EPV, if its working for you then what are you hoping to achieve by changing it? shift money from the poorest performer to your best to get better return but understand exactly what website produces what profit is my tuppence worth.

17 minutes ago, Shpock ? said:

Hi All,

Would anyone consider Shpock?

Your thoughts 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Not ever . 

I am actually thinking about starting my own business, for setting up ecommerce to car dealers but this seems a hard network to get into. Seems to me little options now.. I used to know the digital trade but perhaps I am a little lost.

So old school options:

motors

Trader

ebay

gumtree

exchange & mart

Friday ad? - Well I am in Sussex  traditionally I haven't seen this for ages.

Any advice from anyone is great, I appreciate it :-) 

21 minutes ago, Shpock ? said:

Any advice from anyone is great, I appreciate it :-) 

My advice: You are more likely to succeed starting an airline than to create a new e-commerce platform for car sales. I do wish you luck though. 

• Like 1