Sign in to follow this  
MrV

Aston barclay poor condition reports

14 minutes ago, MrV said:

59 hyundai i10

Are you kidding? Coffin dodger... you didn't want anything to do with the blue one you got in p/x...

You sold it, were surprised by this and went and bought exactly the same model unseen. Ooops.

1 minute ago, Nick M.K. said:

Are you kidding? Coffin dodger... you didn't want anything to do with the blue one you got in p/x...

You sold it, were surprised by this and went and bought exactly the same model unseen. Ooops.

That was an Alto Nick

Just now, MrV said:

That was an Alto Nick

Also can we PLEASE keep this on topic

6 minutes ago, MrV said:

That was an Alto

Yes, I remembered now. In fairness they all look the same to me. 

Back to the topic. A 9 year old Korean coffin dodger will have plenty of surface rust on the underside and even inside the engine bay so if your MOT tester is happy with it that it is not structural you don't have to worry about it or go back to the vendor. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrV said:

If that is their policy (only reporting rust on vehicles of certain age) then surely there must be written details such as the age/mileage that it applies to? Surely it can't just be any vehicle they choose?!! I'm amazed no one else is aware of this policy because as far as I'm concerned id rather know about rust than a scratch!

I'd suggest you've spent too much time moaning on here and not enough sorting it out now.

there loads of them round these parts, seem to be popular with the lancaster uni crew of many different nationalities etc , I'll be honest (again) this little pocket rocket is quite a rusty girl but its the arch rust which has narked me, it should be in the condition report because if it was, I would of ran off. I dont think AB reply is good enough and how they've gotten away with that for god knows how long I have no idea

5 minutes ago, EPV said:

I'd suggest you've spent too much time moaning on here and not enough sorting it out now.

on the contrary Mr EPV, i'll update as and when I hear from good ole Denise

5 minutes ago, MrV said:

there loads of them round these parts, seem to be popular with the lancaster uni crew of many different nationalities etc , I'll be honest (again) this little pocket rocket is quite a rusty girl but its the arch rust which has narked me, it should be in the condition report because if it was, I would of ran off. I dont think AB reply is good enough and how they've gotten away with that for god knows how long I have no idea

Benji, they are taking the piss. Corrosion is pointed out on Manheim reports because it is a major factor in the condition of the car. They cannot absolve their responsibility, you need to escalate a complaint politely with photos video etc....

Was there any mention of rust on the last mot history, unusual car to rust is it only in one spot ? seen it a few times with old folk hitting the crub and scuffing the sill 

any pictures of the rust, you should them and have sent them over to the auction house by now. 

nice to see you back and lucky you getting a name change.

Just now, Arfur Dealy said:

Benji, they are taking the piss. Corrosion is pointed out on Manheim reports because it is a major factor in the condition of the car. They cannot absolve their responsibility, you need to escalate a complaint politely with photos video etc....

I will do Simon, without getting over excited about it how on earth can they get away with that policy?! especially when they say they follow NAMA grading, anyway I'll see what they say, thanks again for the advice chaps

5 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Was there any mention of rust on the last mot history, unusual car to rust is it only in one spot ? seen it a few times with old folk hitting the crub and scuffing the sill 

any pictures of the rust, you should them and have sent them over to the auction house by now. 

nice to see you back and lucky you getting a name change.

nothing about rust, when I say rust I mean external bubbling to the rear offside arch and I've just noticed some on the boot around the lock. the new name was to stop certain members going too far, on advice from the admins of the forum 

On a slightly different note, stop buying 9 year old cars from the BIN sections. There's nearly always a reason why they are there. It's usually because they didn't make the vendors reserve price and there's nearly always a reason why it didn't make the reserve price. In this instance, it seems obvious why. 

5 minutes ago, EPV said:

On a slightly different note, stop buying 9 year old cars from the BIN sections. There's nearly always a reason why they are there. It's usually because they didn't make the vendors reserve price and there's nearly always a reason why it didn't make the reserve price. In this instance, it seems obvious why. 

All the more for me to snap up... ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Oh no lets please leave it there

2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'd tend to agree, the comments here last week about getting along to the auction to see them in the flesh does pay dividends! Nicked three last Friday of which two had reports of damaged paint/poor repair; it was utter tosh! Must have put off the online bidders and it was only evident to those who could run an eye over them what was on offer.. Two less than CAP below, the other at CAP average.. good wedge to come back across all of them.

I'm puzzled at the BIN offers, when researching the prices I do feel they must have come from some monkey dust user with pointy shoes.. Although I do tend to think ultimately this online buying market is the future.. Best to embrace it??;)

23 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

I'd tend to agree, the comments here last week about getting along to the auction to see them in the flesh does pay dividends! Nicked three last Friday of which two had reports of damaged paint/poor repair; it was utter tosh! Must have put off the online bidders and it was only evident to those who could run an eye over them what was on offer.. Two less than CAP below, the other at CAP average.. good wedge to come back across all of them.

I'm puzzled at the BIN offers, when researching the prices I do feel they must have come from some monkey dust user with pointy shoes.. Although I do tend to think ultimately this online buying market is the future.. Best to embrace it??;)

Shhhhhhh don’t tell everybody..

• Like 1

Find out who the centre manager is and bring this to their attention, send images of what they have missed, you don’t get charged for an assured report for them to miss items, politely inform them you won’t be buying from them if they can’t refund the car or make payment to rectifying at a Bodyshop?

how many are you buying a week? I didn’t use the auctions for at least 2 years when I started.

get out and view some privates locally and scour Ebay and Gumtree, buying a lemon when you’re starting out can really hamper quick progress 

• Like 1

Ffs Benni boy, starting off you ain't got the pot to waste on rectifying shite, said it many times you've got to go and view them.. I was up your way (Lancaster) early Sunday morning buying a Van, was up just after 6am to get the train, on a fecking sunday.

What colour is it? You may get away with a smart repair, price it right and get it gone if you get no joy from AB

14 hours ago, Area 51 said:

Bought a grade 4 330d its come back in wants a clean, 2 wheels refurbed and a smart repair / poss buff on a bumper corner.

Condition reports are all over the show.

12 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Bought a grade 4 330d its come back in wants a clean, 2 wheels refurbed and a smart repair / poss buff on a bumper corner.

Condition reports are all over the show.

Totally hear you Rory! Pants most of them and they need sorting.. naming and shaming will get part of the message over to these goons; until improvements are noted, less will be bought online.... dont care how big someone says their balls are, youre playing with profits..

Had a payout recently on an assured report of £900, it took around 6 weeks from notification to cheque in my hand, but they really could not have been better.. that motor gave me back £1500 when it left last week, only 20days on sale a total of 45 days from purchase. It was grade 4 but they didnt report ALL the defects... So I would hazard a guess that the  payout to me will need explaining to someone further up the food chain... I put £400 into it, front bumper respray and new battery, rest was elbow grease.

14 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Shhhhhhh don’t tell everybody..

Morning Arfur, I was really referring to sourcing of stock.. takes balls to buy online - unseen with sh*te condition reports ;) the most the WWW is a dark dark place!

12 hours ago, Paddy said:

Ffs Benni boy, starting off you ain't got the pot to waste on rectifying shite, said it many times you've got to go and view them.. I was up your way (Lancaster) early Sunday morning buying a Van, was up just after 6am to get the train, on a fecking sunday.

What colour is it? You may get away with a smart repair, price it right and get it gone if you get no joy from AB

Without this rust it wouldnt be a problem Mr Paddy I'm just kicking up a fuss because I don't think it's fair they don't report rust to online buyers, if they want to say its age related so they don't have to report it then personally I call bullshit on that. I've lodged a complaint with the branch manager so we shall see! I don't disagree though, obviously being there in person is better however with proper grading/images/descriptions it shouldn't be a problem buying online, if the appraisers were properly trained etc then the reporting would be more accurate! This beauty is in silver, if I can't get anything out of AB I'll just F it off, learn and move on (again) 

12 hours ago, Paddy said:

16 hours ago, tradex said:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrV said:

when buying online I'll never buy a car without a mechanical report 

Why, by your own admission/experience, they're crap.

1 hour ago, MrV said:

This beauty is in silver

It gets better

Seriously Benji, you've come a long way in terms of prep and photogrpahy and I applaud you for that but the first, most difficult, most important thing is buying right in the first place.  We all catch colds (I've had several) but you must try and limit your exposure and don't bid on older stuff without physically seeing the stuff.

Good luck mate, I'm in your corner and follow your threads with optimism.

Edited by Mark101
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark101 said:

Why, by your own admission/experience, they're crap.

It gets better

Seriously Benji, you've come a long way in terms of prep and photogrpahy and I applaud you for that but the first, most difficult, most important thing is buying right in the first place.  We all catch colds (I've had several) but you must try and limit your exposure and don't bid on older stuff without physically seeing the stuff.

Good luck mate, I'm in your corner and follow your threads with optimism.

Thanks Mark, My thoughts regarding reports are at least if they are wrong, the issue should then be sorted! but from my own experience, most major issues at least should be reported. Hey this silver is mind blowing....in all seriousness out of 9 cars, I've cocked up on two, both from AB because I didn't read the condition report correctly or they didn't report something and I for sure won't be using this buying strategy again. I can still make this Hyundai work for sure but to be honest this is one of those in and out cars, it's not worth my effort, I've learnt that if a mistake is made (even if it's not my actual error) then suck it up take the blow and move on and learn from the experience. I moved to Morecambe 3 months ago so I'm in an area I know nothing about the market, I decided to become a used car trader with NO experience whatsoever, this includes never sold a car, never sourced a trade car, no idea about the whole prep process,no idea about customers rights, no idea about warranties, no contacts in the industry or area and no knowledge about what sells in this are and so far I don't think I've done too bad. I will admit I need to sort my buying out, which I will do by learning from my mistakes and listening to you guys, even if I do get roasted in the meantime :)

• Like 1

keep on at AB, but in the meantime just get the repair done, it will cost you about £100 tops if its just an arch, if you dont you will be doing viewings and getting nowhere. No one likes to see rust on something they are buying, there will be one around the corner which doesnt. in my experience with i10s, they do sell but price is crucial, and there is always a well looked after one somewhere so a scruffy one will be tough to shift. So prep it, price it right, move on. And keep hassling AB, I think you will get something.

29 minutes ago, MattR said:

keep on at AB, but in the meantime just get the repair done, it will cost you about £100 tops if its just an arch, if you dont you will be doing viewings and getting nowhere. No one likes to see rust on something they are buying, there will be one around the corner which doesnt. in my experience with i10s, they do sell but price is crucial, and there is always a well looked after one somewhere so a scruffy one will be tough to shift. So prep it, price it right, move on. And keep hassling AB, I think you will get something.

its being collected this afternoon and a refunded :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MrV said:

its being collected this afternoon and a refunded

Another lesson learnt (without a penny earned). 

10 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Another lesson learnt (without a penny earned). 

Blame AB for the no fackin penny earnt bit